Chapter 22

Love Stories

Yuri's POV:

  It was going to be our turn soon and I was getting very nervous. All of us were gathered backstage getting ready and Key was whispering some encouragement to us. I didn't hear most of it though, I was concentrating hard on calming my own nerves. I started to pace back at forth and I was rubbing my hands together. Then, I heard someone call me, "Yuri ah." I turned around and saw Donghae coming towards me. I stopped pacing and waited for him to reach me. 

  "Are you okay?" He asked me, looking very concerned. I bit my bottom lip then told him, "I don't think I can do this." 

  "What are you talking about? Of course you can!" Donghae encouraged me but I shook my head. "I'm so nervous! I feel like I'm going to mess all my notes and dance up and I would lose this competition for our camp and i'll feel so sorry and-" Donghae had put his finger to my lips to make me stop talking. I looked down and whispered, "I can't." 

  Then, Donghae pulled me into his arms and hugged me tightly. I hugged him back, already feeling more calm. "You can do this Yuri. We'll be doing this together. If you're scared of the audience, just look at me. You're not going to mess anything up. In fact, you would perform so well that no one can stop praising you after our performance!" 

  I laughed and felt so lucky to be with him. I hugged him tighter and whispered into his ear, "Thank you so much. I'm feeling so much better." Donghae held my shoulders and kiss me forehead and replied, "Anything for my love." I laughed again at his cheesiness but I definitely appreciated it. I felt more confident about myself and felt positive that we would be able to do well. 

Narrator's POV:

  A few minutes later, the host of the competition had stepped back on stage as the campers from the other camp exited the stage. Then the host introduced SME's act. After cheering a 'hwaiting' one last time, the campers began to perform their act. As they performed, on the huge screen behind the campers, was showing a video of what the campers did during the camp, how they helped each other through tough times and how much fun they have working with each other. 

  For their act, Yoona and Victoria were the MCs for the talent competition and first up was Eunhyuk and Donghae with I wanna love you followed by SHINee with Lucifer. The play continued on and soon, it was Yuri's and Donghae's turn to perform their song 1,2 step. Yuri took a few deep breaths backstage trying to calm down. Suddenly, Yuri felt someone hug her from behind and she knew who it was straightaway. "Don't be nervous. I'm there with you okay?" Donghae told me and Yuri nodded. They stayed like this until Yoona and Victoria introduced their act. Yuri went on stage first since Donghae don't come out until the later part of the song. 

  Yuri danced and sing with confidence and she made sure to have energy when she danced if not the dance would look sloppy. When Donghae came out to rap, she became more confident and her eyes were on Donghae most of the time while smiling. Soon, their performance was over and the audience cheered loudly for them. Some even whistled! Donghae and Yuri quickly got off stage so that they could continue with their play. 

  When the two of them reached backstage, Yuri squealed and jumped hug Donghae. Donghae caught her and spun her around. "See? You did it." Donghae told Yuri while smiling when both of them had calmed down already. 

  "I know. I did it. I can't believe it." Yuri said excitedly. 

  "But it's not over yet. You still have to perform one more time with the other girls right?" 

  "Yeah. We're going to perform The Boys. But now, I don't think I'll be very scared already. I only have 2 lines there anyway." Yuri laughed. Donghae chuckled then said, "I know you can do it. Hwaiting!" Yuri looked at Donghae in the eyes and said, "Thank you. I love you Donghae." Donghae hugged Yuri and said back the same thing. 

  The play continued and 5 minutes before they finished their play, everyone performing got on stage and sang one last song together as a group. SME artistes were singing their hearts out to the audience and soon it was over. Then, Yoona and Victoria came out to announce the winner of the talent competition. 

  "Now, we have come to the end of the competition and we would like to announce the winner!" Yoona said with enthusiasm into the mic. 

  "And the winner is..." Victoria continued, "Super Junior with Mr. Simple!" The boys cheered and came forward to collect the prize. Then, just like that, SME artistes bowed and thanked the audience.

  Then, Key stepped forward and said into the mic, "Our play is very simple. Our play is just something to show our talents to you. We learnt everything about singing and dancing and rapping at SME. We hope that you have enjoyed our performances and everyone here worked really hard for this. Thank you for all your cheers just now. We really appreciate it." 

  The audience cheered after Key said that and SME got off the stage and went back to their waiting room to wait for the results. Although everyone was happy with their performance, it was not over yet. They still had to wait for the results and the results determine where they will be next summer! Yuri and Donghae were sitting at the back of the waiting room, holding hands. Key, Eunhyuk, Onew and Minho were sitting together. Jonghyun was sitting with Jessica opposite Key and the rest were just standing around, some pacing about it the small room. 

  After what seemed like forever, the host came on stage with an envelope in her hands and she said into the mic, "Now, ladies and gentlemen, the results are in! Now, the results are based on your votes, so in other words, you are the one who are choosing which camp to close down. Now, I will announce the winner!" The host took out the piece of paper and said, "And the winner is.... Drumroll please!" The audience started their drumroll. 

  In the waiting room, everyone's eyes were fixed on the screen and no one made a single sound. They were all dying to hear the results. 

Key's POV:

  'Can the stupid host just hurry up?!' I screamed in my head. I can't help it. I was going to drown in the suspense and she's still not saying it! I began to tap my leg impatiently and held my breath when the host opened to announce the winner. 

  "The winner is... JYP camp!" 

  No way. 


Hello! How was it! Oh no! SME lost! T_T then they have to close down? ): and Yuri and Donghae would not see each other anymore since they do not live very close to each other and Jonghyun would never be able to have Key as his boyfriend? T_T Anyway, please comment! 

*This is going to end in a few more chapters.. ): Quite sad that this is going to end but I had fun writing this!

  And this chapter is for all the YulHae readers. :P Sorry if you were expecting more.. intimate scenes? Idk but yeah.. haha.