Chapter 24

Love Stories

Narrator's POV:

  When SME campers reached their campsite, they went straight to their own rooms to get ready for bed. In Jonghyun and Key's dorm room, they took turns to bathe in silence. They were all too tired to talk and secretly, Key preferred it to be this way. Most of the time, their dorm room are way too noisy for his liking and likes this kind of peace and quiet. Soon, they were all tucked up under their blankets and after saying goodnight to one another, they fell asleep as soon as their heads touched their pillows. 

  The next morning, the campers were allowed to wake up one hour later than usual. When the time came for them to wake up, Key and Eunhyuk were the first ones to wake up. Key was surprised to see Siwon still in the room because ever since he came here, Key never saw Siwon in the dorm in the morning before. Slowly, Donghae, Siwon and Jonghyun started to wake up and got ready for the day. Key was ready first and had made his way for breakfast alone as he did not want to be with Jonghyun.

 Key's POV:

 At breakfast, everyone was back to their hyper and talkative self and when I reached the canteen, Onew, Minho, Yuri, Jessica and Yoona were there already. 

  "Hey Key!" Onew and Minho shouted at the same time. I laughed and greeted back. 

  "Where's Jonghyun?" Jessica asked and I shrugged. Jessica frowned and looked around to find him. When she spotted him, she stood up and waved, "Oppa! Over here!" I turned to look at where she was waving and saw Jonghyun walking towards us with Eunhyuk and Donghae following behind. I looked away to avoid eye contact with him. 

  At the corner of my eyes, I saw them sit down. I looked up and said 'hi' to Donghae and Eunhyuk then went back to eating my breakfast.

  "So what is everyone going to do today?" Donghae asked us. 

  "I'll be helping out with the preparation for tonight's dance!" I told him. I actually felt quite excited for it. Since I had no date for it, I decided to help out. 

  "You're going to be helping out?" Yoona asked me. I don't know if it's just me but I swear I heard disappointment in her voice. I nodded my head and asked, "Why?" 

  "Nothing.. I just wanted to ask if you wanted to be my date?" Yoona asked and I started choking on my food. Minho started patting my back and I drank some water to make it better.

  "Sorry Yoona. I was just shocked at what you said. Anyway, sure! Anyway, we'll just be going as friends right?" I replied, smiling at her. Yoona smiled back and said, "Uh, sure!" 

  'Wow, that was unexpected.' I thought. 'But it's better than showing up dateless.' I decided. 

Jonghyun's POV:

  'Why did Yoona ask Key to be her date?' I wondered. 'I didn't know Yoona likes him.' I looked at Key smiling at Yoona and felt jealousy growing inside me.

  "Oppa, are you okay?" Jessica asked suddenly, interrupting my thoughts. I sighed then nodded my head. I didn't even bother turning my head to look at her. 

Key's POV:

  After breakfast, I made my way to the hall with Eunhyuk and Minho who were also helping out for the dance. When we reached there, we were surprised that everyone had already settled down and the three of us were one of the later ones. We sat down at the back and waited for those who came later than us to sit before the camper standing in front started speaking. 

  "First of all, I want to thank all of you for coming to help us out. We need as many helpers as we can! First of all, we need to break you all into three groups. The food, decoration and music group! So we're going to give you 5 minutes to decide okay? If we find that there are too many people in one group, we might need you to change okay? Okay. Those who want to be in charge of food, go to the back of the hall were Sora is standing." I turned to the back of the hall along with the other campers and saw a girl with curly hair waving her hands.

  "Those who wants to be in the decoration group, meet at the stage where Kim Beom is and if you want to be in the music group, stay here where I, Jae Beom, is." Jae Beom said, laughing to himself. I thought that Jae Beom was quite cool and it would be nice if you were friends with him. 

  "So what are you going to choose?" I asked Eunhyuk and Minho. 

  "Probably music. Music is the most important thing in a dance!" Eunhyuk decided.

  "I'll choose food. It's the second most important! You can dance with an empty stomach!" Minho concluded making me laugh. 'Minho can be so dorky when he wants to.' I thought.

  "Then I guess i'll be in the decoration group! I'll make the hall look AMAZING!" I exclaimed. Then, Minho made his way to the back of the hall and I went to the stage. 

  I looked around to see if there were anyone I knew but didn't see recognize anyone. Then, Kim Beom, started speaking, "Okay guys! Welcome to the decoration group! I don't know why but i'm always in charge of this group! Anyway, basically, we'll be hanging balloons and banners up. We are allowed to use anything we have for the decorations and have the whole day! So if you have any suggestions on how to make the hall look awesome, just tell me and i'll see if it's approvable okay?" 

  "Yes!" All of us chorused. 

  "Okay, as you see, there are many things on stage. There is a huge plain banner there. You can decorate them anyway you like. I have 2 packs of balloons also which needs to be blown up. So, some of you can do that. Other than that, it's up to you to be creative! So shall we start?" 

  "Yes!" All of us chorused again and went up the stage. Immediately, I could see the team split up into two groups, one for the banner and one for the balloons. I went to the banner side. Those who went to the banner side, sat around the banner, looking unsure of what to do. 

  "Uh, what is the dance called?" I asked. 

  "SME camp dance." A girl replied and I nodded.

  "So maybe we can start by writing that?" I suggested. I took out a plain A4 size paper from my bag then told the rest, "We could try out how we want to write it here then when we're satisfied with it, we could draw on the actual thing." The rest agreed and we started trying out different handwritings- cursive, bubble words, but nothing seems nice enough! Then, I spotted a few glittery papers. I grabbed it and said, "Oh, we can cut this out into letters and paste it on the banner! How does that sound?" The rest caught on to the idea and immediately went to grab some scissors and we began cutting. 

  We spent 30 minutes cutting out all the letters then another 10 minutes pasting it on the banner. 

  "Let's draw two spotlights shining on the words! You know, spotlights representing the dance!" One male suggested.

  "And, we can draw music notes as well!" Another suggested. Everyone started drawing then. Two people, including me, drew the spotlight and the rest drew the music notes. After that, the banner looked very nice if i have to say so myself!

  "How about we draw two people on another piece of paper, then cut it out and put them at the side. So that it'll seem like these two people are holding the banner up!" I told the rest.

  "Okay! I'll go ask for another big piece of paper from Kim Beom!" The girl that answered my first question, ran off. I felt quite excited decorating the room while making new friends! Although I felt nervous about tonight with Yoona, I thought it would be okay since we get along well all the time so it would not be too awkward. 'I'll worry about the dance later.' I thought as the girl, whose name I learnt was Jiyeon, came back with another pig piece of paper.

Narrator's POV:

  So, for the rest of the day, Key and the rest of the decoration crew continued coming up with ideas on how to make the hall look beautiful then telling Kim Beom about it and he would decide if he should approve of disapprove it. The food group had left the campsite to order appropriate food for the dance and the music group had split themselves into two groups. One to download songs from internet and one group to go out to rent some CDs. By 6pm, everything was ready. The decorations were put up, the speakers were tested and the food would be brought out 10 minutes before the dance start to keep it as fresh as possible. 

  As soon as the helping out people were dismissed, Key went straight to his room to choose what to wear and decided to wear a simple suit. After all, Key and Yoona were just going as friends right? 


I know this chapter is a little bit boring.. >.< sorry. the next one is exciting! ^^