Crazy

You Exist In My Song

Actually concentrating on the movie turns out to be a lot more difficult than Joonmyun had originally anticipated. The air between them is still loaded with electric tension and every bit of physical contact sends a jolt of energy through Joonmyun's body, which makes things very hard for him, considering they're sitting so close that their arms or legs (or both) brush with every tiny movement either of them makes.

It seems to take its toll on Yixing as well, so when the movie's over they decide to call it a night despite the fact that it's only eleven and Joonmyun knows that Yixing usually goes to bed hours later than that. They quickly clean up whatever's left of the snacks. And then they go to the bedroom. The bedroom. In this context, there's something ominous about those two words, and even though Joonmyun is fully aware that Yixing would never do anything Joonmyun is not one hundred percent alright with, he still feels nervous.

If I had known I was going to be spending the night here I would have brought some things with me,” Yixing remarks.

Joonmyun wets his lips, an anxious action. “Uhm, well, I have an extra toothbrush in the bathroom, and I'm sure I can find some clothes that'll fit you.”

Just pants are fine, I usually sleep shirtless,” Yixing says. He's painfully casual about it at first, but then he seems to remember the current situation, and he throws a cautious glance at Joonmyun. “If... that's okay with you, I mean.”

For a long time Joonmyun stands frozen with his jaw hanging slack in what is undoubtedly an unattractive manner. He thinks about the last (and only) time he saw Yixing without a shirt on, recalls the dip of his waist, the planes of his quivering stomach, the feeling of Yixing's skin, soft and warm, under Joonmyun's cool hands, and he swallows thickly. “Alright,” he manages to get out, turning away from Yixing to hide his blush and disguising it as going to look through the closet. Joonmyun is sure his face is just about the same color as a tomato by now.

He manages to find a pair of pants for Yixing to borrow and hands them over without looking him in the eye. It's kind of silly, honestly. It's not like Yixing is a mind reader or anything, yet Joonmyun is afraid Yixing will somehow be able to figure out exactly what he's thinking if he maintains eye contact for too long so he tries to refrain from doing that. He can still see Yixing's smile, though. “Thanks,” he says. And then he begins to strip out of his clothes right then and there, pulling his shirt over his head and moving on to take his pants off as well.

Joonmyun lets out a strangled noise. At this rate, he's convinced his face is going to melt right off. Looking anywhere but at Yixing, Joonmyun fumbles through the closet for his own sleepwear, and he mutters: “I-I... I'm just gonna...” The very moment he manages to get his hands on the clothes he usually wears to bed, he leaves the room so fast he's almost running.

In the bathroom where Joonmyun has escaped to, he quickly changes his clothes. He spends some time leaning on the sink, taking slow, steadying breaths as he wills his body to cool down. He's sure it can't be healthy to overheat like this every other minute, and he's also sure he doesn't come off as very sane with the way he constantly keeps running away. Joonmyun hangs his head, sighing. Yixing must think he's such a freak.

There's a knock and then Yixing's hesitant voice saying: “Joonmyun?” Taking another deep breath, Joonmyun goes to open the door. Yixing is standing there in the pants Joonmyun lent him and nothing else, and he seems worried as he gives Joonmyun a onceover. “Are you okay?”

Joonmyun's mind is short-circuiting. All that skin. “Y-yeah,” he says, smiling timidly. “I just really had to use the toilet. Haha... hah.” Yixing doesn't seem to believe that, but he lets it go.

They stand side by side in front of the sink as they brush their teeth. Joonmyun keeps eyeing Yixing's tattoos in the mirror, studying the dark images inked onto alabaster skin, and even though his staring is very blatant and a grinning Yixing catches him in the act more than once, Joonmyun can't seem to tear his eyes off of Yixing's body.

He doesn't succeed in looking away until his brain is suddenly invaded by thoughts of tracing the outlines of the tattoos with his lips and tongue rather than his fingers this time. Those thoughts are enough to make the heat in his stomach flare up again. He has to forcefully avert his gaze to make sure the problem he had just managed to get rid of doesn't return.

Nice pajamas, by the way,” Yixing remarks, distracting Joonmyun's mind from the lingering mental image of up Yixing's sternum, and Joonmyun looks down at himself and flushes. Maybe he should have worn something a little more attractive than plaid pants and a superhero T-shirt. Yixing, already done brushing his teeth, wraps his arms around Joonmyun from behind and leans his chin on Joonmyun's shoulder, smiling at him in the mirror. “I like The Avengers.”

That's... good, I guess,” Joonmyun mumbles with a mouth full of toothpaste. All he can focus on is Yixing's hands resting on his stomach. He kind of wishes he was shirtless as well so he would be able to actually feel Yixing's skin on his own. Yixing hums and presses a kiss to Joonmyun's neck, and Joonmyun, after nearly choking, reckons he's done brushing too.

They go back to the bedroom. As they crawl into bed Joonmyun is harshly struck by another bout of nauseating anxiousness. This is actually happening. He's actually going to be sharing a bed with Yixing. One look at Yixing's reassuring smile makes the anxiety fade away enough for Joonmyun feel safe from any oncoming panic attacks, though, and he settles down on the mattress next to a completely calm Yixing. For a while things are quiet.

I can smell your nerves all the way over here,” Yixing says, still calmly.

Joonmyun gulps. “Sorry.” He's lying stiffly on his back with his gaze fastened on the ceiling, but he can sense Yixing rolling over to look at him, can feel Yixing's eyes boring into the side of his face, scrutinizing. Joonmyun gulps again.

What are you so nervous about?” Joonmyun shrugs, still not looking at Yixing. “Is it... you know I'm not going to do anything you don't want me to, right?”

Oh no, it's not that,” Joonmyun assures him quickly. “This... this has nothing to do with you, not at all. I promise.” Yixing stays silent, waiting for Joonmyun to go on. “I just need to get over myself... I guess.” The silence still remains until Joonmyun's resolve crumbles and he elaborates further: “I don't want you to see me at my worst.”

He's startled when Yixing lets out a sudden laugh. “That's it?” He sounds almost incredulous. “Joonmyun, look at me. Please.” Slowly, Joonmyun complies. Yixing is smiling, bright even in the semi-darkness. “I don't care about that. Seriously. Weird sleeping habits aren't going to make me like you any less.” Even though he's lying down, Joonmyun feels a little dizzy when Yixing takes his hand and his thumb over the back of Joonmyun's knuckles. “Okay?”

Joonmyun nods. “Okay.” He stays still as Yixing shifts closer, almost unable to move. Yixing's hand slides up Joonmyun's arm to cradle his jaw and his lips find Joonmyun's, and even though Joonmyun admittedly still feels a little uneasy about this whole thing, Yixing's words have been a great help. His kisses aren't half bad either. Definitely not.

Yixing lay back down next to Joonmyun. The space between them has diminished to nothing, their bodies close together. Joonmyun doesn't mind, though. He rolls over so his back is turned to Yixing and when he grabs Yixing's arm and tugs on it, Yixing quickly gets the idea, fitting his body against Joonmyun's and wrapping his arm around Joonmyun's waist. Joonmyun is reminded of a rogue thought depicting a similar situation grazing his mind forever ago. This is so much better than any fantasy. “Goodnight,” Yixing whispers with his lips pressed to Joonmyun's neck.

Goodnight,” Joonmyun whispers back. He feels really nice and comfortable and all warm and fuzzy inside. He doubts he'll be able to get much sleep, though. He's still far too wound up for that.


Joonmyun opens his eyes to bright light pouring into the room through the large windows and for a moment he's disoriented. He doesn't remember actually falling asleep last night. It's morning now, though, so he must have been overcome by sleep at some point.

The clock tells him it's close to nine and he feels wide awake. Yixing, however, is still fast asleep next to Joonmyun. He's sprawled out on his back, lips slightly parted and hair a complete mess on top of his head, but Joonmyun still thinks he looks beautiful, serene. Joonmyun kind of feels like a creep for watching him sleep like this. He just doesn't want to wake him up, not yet, so instead he decides to do something productive and goes to take a shower.

Not even a kiss pressed to his cheek is enough to rouse Yixing. He just smacks his lips sleepily and rolls over with a grunt to curl up on the warm spot Joonmyun left behind on the mattress. Joonmyun smiles affectionately, pulling the blanket all the way up to Yixing's shoulders (even though he feels like it's kind of a shame to cover him up like that), and leaves room.

It isn't until Joonmyun has stepped out of the shower that it hits him that he should've probably brought a clean set of clothes with him. Usually he doesn't bother, since he lives alone and there's no one around to be offended if he walks around more or less , but the thought of going back to the bedroom where Yixing is makes Joonmyun's heart stutter.

He doesn't exactly have much of a choice, though. Nodding decisively to himself, he wraps the towel he used to dry off with around his waist. It doesn't cover much, starting right below his bellybutton and ending an inch or so above his knee, but at least it's better than going in fully . And of course there's always a chance that Yixing is still asleep and won't notice anything. Joonmyun latches on to that small spark of hope, takes a deep breath and steps out the door.

The bedroom is silent and Yixing hasn't moved from the position he was in when Joonmyun left him. Joonmyun draws a sigh of relief and motions to walk towards the closet. But all of a sudden Yixing flops onto his back and he stretches languidly. Then he fixes his barely open eyes on Joonmyun. Joonmyun's feet are rooted to the spot. “Why?” Yixing mumbles almost unintelligibly. His voice is hoarse from misuse and his accent is thicker than Joonmyun has ever heard it.

What?” Joonmyun manages.

Groaning, Yixing rubs at his tired eyes. He looks at Joonmyun again, gaze wandering over his body. Joonmyun feels extremely exposed. “Why no clothes? Where... where're your clothes?”

I took a shower,” Joonmyun explains.

Yixing pouts. “And you didn't invite me? Rude.” Any further words to express his disappointment are cut off by a yawn. Joonmyun should be moving, should be getting dressed, but his feet won't obey, and now Yixing is looking at him again, contemplative. “Mhm. C'mere.”

 

~*~

 

A/N: it's wednesday here on "you exist in my song", and you know what that means!
~ ♪ look at her go, posting, posting, posting, something for youuuuu!!! ♪ ~ ding. :D

so yeahhh. this is this week's chapter. there isn't really much new for me to say about it since it's, well, same old same old: joonmyun constantly being insecure and panicky about all the things while yixing is like "no shhhhh nooo, you're a delicate precious lil babby flower who must be protected at all costs, lemme snuggle you ;;". that's it, guys. that's the entire story in a nutshell. there's no need to read the rest of the chapters, this is all you need to know. you can leave now.

...

I'm joking, please don't leave. OTL

buttttt (haha I said ) as you may have noticed, this chapter ended with nekkid joonmyun... nekkid joonmyun being invited into bed, to be exact. do you know what this means? spoiler alert: the boops of the wieners is imminent. now you know. 8D