Fresh Start

Just You and Me

Jongwoon walks into the restaurant; it is closed for the rest of the month. His parents had told him to close it down indefinitely but there was a small dishwasher that he couldn’t put out of a job. So he convinced his parents to allow him to re-open the restaurant in a better condition and try to boost the numbers. They agreed. Happy that their son had had other ideas instead of closing down another source of broken income.

Even though Ryeowook and Jongwoon had only met for a mere two minutes nearly three weeks ago, Jongwoon still couldn’t help but think about Kim Ryeowook and the way he had looked at Jongwoon, the way he made him feel. A look of fright, and yet knowing. As if the younger man had known all of Jongwoon’s inner thoughts, inner fears and he knew the power they had over the dark haired man. At first it had scared him that someone he had just met could know all that, but then he felt comforted. He felt like telling him everything…

Looking through the restaurant Jongwoon noticed its dark pealing wallpaper and the way the lights flickered on and off within seconds. He noticed the wonky tables and the chairs missing their backs. All these things he hadn’t noticed when the restaurant was packed full of people. Obviously the food was better than the décor. He moved through to the kitchen, finding the same amount of pealing wallpaper. The stainless benches were scratched but none the less clean and sanitised enough to cook on. The utensils and pots however, looked like they had seen better days.

He didn’t know how he was meant to turn this place around in a few days, to make it better than it was, to bring in the money so that Ryeowook could still have a job to come back to once he was done. Jongwoon didn’t even mind if Ryeowook never saw him again, he just wanted to make sure that the cute younger male was doing something that lead to his dreams – he had asked Kyuhyun to give him a brief history on why Ryeowook was a dishwasher, the younger obliged, still in shock, after all this time, that Jongwoon had feelings.

Waiting in the kitchen, leaning against the bench Jongwoon took out his phone. He had no messages, no games, and thus didn’t look at either of those. Instead he opened a photo that Kyuhyun had sent him just to make sure they were talking about the same Ryeowook, and gazed at the beautiful smiling face of the younger male.

Jongwoon had no clue how to feel about having a crush – Kyuhyun’s boyfriend had told him (through Kyuhyun) that that was how he felt about Ryeowook. Jongwoon had never really liked anyone before, sure he had commented on looks and such, but never really paid attention to anything more than that. He simply wasn’t interested. He felt lonely at times, and was jealous that people could be in relationships so freely.

He had once even got jealous of his friend’s relationship with his cat and that is what caused him to go out and buy a turtle. He said he was bored and lonely, and after a few weeks – still feeling the same – bought a second turtle. The turtles liked to ignore him, but wouldn’t complain if he sang or talked to them about anything. That made him less lonely.

“Mr Kim!” a loud, gay – both in happy and accent – voice called from the entrance.

Jongwoon walked out to greet the man. Seeing his chiselled face and long limbs made him relax, knowing that this man could help any restaurant turn around in a heartbeat.

Zhoumi, hired from China, was one of Asia’s best interior designers. He had a way of making shabby into sheik and – in Jongwoon’s mind – could even make plaid wallpaper look good if you asked him.

“Zhoumi~!” Jongwoon held out his hand, knowing fully well that the younger male would not only take it but use all his energy to use it to pull Jongwoon into a hug.

And Zhoumi didn’t disappoint.

“So, this is the dump that needs a makeover?” Zhoumi asked without letting Jongwoon go. “Don’t worry~” He flung his arms into the air for emphasis and flare, “MiMi is here to make all your dreams come true~!”

Quickly backing away from the man, Jongwoon nodded and said in a completely serious tone. “Work your magic on this place please Zhoumi, it is important to me.”

Zhoumi – being the all-knowing fabulous man he was – knew immediately why it was important to the older man. He knew that there was someone that had made the strange man fall and that that person was connected to this certain resturant.

“I shall work my wonderful magic for you, Mr Kim.”