Running

Just You and Me

Ryeowook was sweating. He could feel it. Even though it froze in the cold autumn wind that managed to seep through Donghae’s jacket. His breath was uneven and he was pushing himself to sprint faster towards the restaurant. He has his head down; his hair is flopping over his eyes, dripping with cold sweat. He had never thought it would be this hard to get to work; it was usually a half hour walk. But today it seemed to be longer even though he was sprinting.

He rounds the last corner before the uphill sprint begins and sadly, runs to wide. He trips on the pavement that is there and is flung forward into a wall. He yelps in pain and brings his arms up to brace for impact. His hands, which he has pushed in front of himself are hit with a stinging pain as he falls down the wall and onto the ground.

He hears the shuffling of feet and a heaving breath but he has his eyes closed.

“Are you okay?” the voice is sweet, warm, caring and yet, still manly.

When Ryeowook can’t find the energy to respond he is lifted up in a bridal style, where he curls into the broad chest of the man that has him in his arms. He smells like cinnamon and deodorant. Ryeowook finds himself smiling. He really likes the smell of cinnamon, it reminds him of fresh doughnuts.

“You are so clumsy…  Why were you running like that anyway?” The voice mutters.

After some distance is made, Ryeowook soon finds himself standing, or rather, leaning on the man as he fumbles with some keys. A lock clicks and Ryewook is lifted inside. Several high pitched beeps are made before a feminine robotic voice states they only have one minute before she calls the cops if they don’t give the correct code. Some more beeps and the woman states the alarm has been deactivated.

“I don’t exactly have anywhere to put you… We don’t have a couch or a lounge… Goddamn it!” The voice gently lays him down on the floor muttering some words Ryeowook can’t understand. The carpet is soft, plush and new. Ryeowook immediately curls into it.

“Okay… We need water and painkillers… and we shall see where we go from there?” The man walks away; soft footsteps can be heard in the distance as the male moves from carpet to lino or timber flooring.

Ryeowook can’t quite recall what happened next, as he felt his eyes growing even heavier than they already were in their closed state.

“Maybe… Just a little nap…”

 

Jongwoon had to google what to do with unconscious people before he poured water onto Ryeowook to wake him up. According to the medical site he was on, that wasn’t a grand idea. First things first he would have to wait. The article he read said if the person remains unconscious after ten minutes, then something was serious. Jongwoon didn’t know if ten minutes was too long of time or too short. He never really paid attention to any of this stuff in his classes.

Over the years his parents had made him take several first aid classes, just to keep him up to date with the new methods of how to resuscitate people or what to do when someone is chocking. Jongwoon would pay attention to the practical demonstration, commit it to his memory then zone out until the class was over. So, as you could imagine, he missed the talk of how to deal with the unconscious.

Kneeling near Ryeowook, he the younger boys hair, its just as soft as he imagined it would be.

Jongwoon frowns at himself.

He is being a creep. He needs to stop…

Ryeowook hums softly and slowly opens his eyes, looking up at the ceiling he frowns.

“H…Huh?”

Jongwoon releases a sigh of relief. Ryeowook would just need to be checked for a concussion and then all would be good.

The younger turns his head slowly from side to side, the gently frown still etched into his features.

“H…How…?” he yawns softly, “Did I get here?”

Jongwoon, who is yet to be noticed by Ryeowook as he is sitting behind the younger’s head, clears his throat gently. “I… I saw you run into the wall… So I carried you here…”

Ryeowook gasps and sits bolt upright twisting to face the man who he has been wanting to see in what feels like forever. But, due to the fast pace of which he moved he ends up resting his head in his hands for a few minutes and waits for it to stop spinning.

“Ry…Ryeowook?” Jongwoon is instantly by his side his back gently, “Are you okay?”

“Can I have some Panadol or something?” Ryeowook whispers, trying to hide the smile that is on his face. He is so happy that it is Jongwoon. His voice is the same as he remembers, so sweet and just as rich. And the touch is just as burning as it was when he lifted Ryeowook’s face when they first met. But Ryeowook doesn’t want to stop the feeling of Jongwoon’s hands as they slowly caress his spine.

Jongwoon sighs, “I would love to give you some. But because you knocked yourself out you might have a concussion and… yeah… no drugs just in case…”

The younger nods, finally lifting his face and looking into Jongwoon’s eyes. Before he can stop himself he blurts out what he is thinking, “I’ve been wanting to see you again.”

As soon as he has said it he regrets it. Jongwoon’s face falls into one of shock and Ryeowook believes it’s obviously not a good sort of shock. He looks down at his lap and starts intertwining his fingers together. His face is burning and he doesn’t know how to take it back. He could blame his head being muddled but he doesn’t want to lie to Jongwoon…

Jongwoon smiles softly. He has dreamed of hearing those words from Ryeowook ever since they first met.

And so, just like the first time, he gently places his hand under Ryeowook’s chin, lifting it up so he can see the beautiful angel he has been staring at from behind glass for too long. Once again, his thumb travels too far and rests just above Ryeowook’s top lip.

“I’ve been wanting to see you too, Ryeowook.”

 

A/N:: So I went to bed with 350 words, woke up half an hour ago and now I have 1070 for you to read~! Aren't I good to you guys~! 

They finally met!! Not much conversation because poor Wookie knocked himself out by running into a wall. XD I've done it so I know all about how to react when things like that happen. One minute youre staring at the sky the next you have heavy eyes and then suddenly everyone is surrounding you even though only seconds ago you were by yourself... I don't recomend knocking yourself out. No one lets you live it down... Ever.

So, no other updates for today, just this plan and simple piece of writing that includes their meeting... I am sorry I made you wait twelve chapters, but hey, they have a bond that is unseperable. They will love each other forever and ever or until something happens. IF something happens. Will something happen? 

Sorry, I am in a questioning mood today. I have no idea where to go other than the hospital for these guys XD

So, I shall talk to you all when you comment (which was my inspriwriting this so fast~! All of you are so sweet and kind thank you once more for the comments) 

Until next time <3