Fight or Flight

Just You and Me

When Ryeowook was younger, he knew that one day he would have to protect the one he loved. He had thought he would be like the prince’s in Dinsey movies; brave, strong, handsome, masculine. Instead he turned out more like the princess’s; small, beautiful, feminine, too trusting to the rest of the world. But before he blossomed into a teenager, and then beautiful adult, he was a young boy, cute and chubby. A young boy that was ready to ride his horse to save the princess; he was ready to slay the dragon that guarded her. He was young, and thought that love was instantaneous and simple.

However, growing older he realised the truth. That love doesn’t start in an instant; it grows and burns inside of you, before it eventually makes you weak. He realised that there was no way he could slay a dragon when he was in love, he would be too nervous, he would be too afraid.

Disney movies are wrong. Love is not as easy as they make it out to be. There is not instant feeling of love, instead an attraction that you can probably shake off if you keep yourself busy enough, or if you simply have fun. Love is a bunch of trials that force you together. Love hurts when it doesn’t work. And love certainly is not started by slaying a witch or curing a curse.

 

Donghae can see the storm cloud above Sungmin’s head. It’s raging and the lighting is sure to strike true – towards Jongwoon. So Donghae does the only thing he can think of - he drags Hyukjae towards the not-yet couple that are Ryeowook and Jongwoon, pushing Sungmin into Kyuhyun’s arms and creating a barrier between them.

“Ryeowook?” Donghae asks, “Are you okay?”

The younger male nods, rubbing his eyes like a sleepy child. He yawns cutely as Donghae kneels down to fusses over him, checking him for any wounds that Jongwoon or the Doctor missed. Of course, there are none, so Donghae just repeats over and over how sorry he is that this happened. The younger of the two just keeps shaking his head, whispering sweet words of reassurance that Donghae ignores.

Hyukjae looks at Jongwoon – who is watching Ryeowook wake slowly with a blush on his face - and smiles, “How have you been Hyung?”

Jongwoon instantly looks up; his face reddening in fear that he has been caught indulging himself in the cute sight. Hyukjae’s knowing smirk and the glint in his eyes tells Jongwoon that he’s going to get teased. “I… I’ve been good Hyukjae…” he mumbles.

Hyukjae nods, shoving his hands into his pockets and leans back, stretching. “Hyung, you do know that this is our Ryeowook that you have hostage here, right?”

Ryeowook turns to Hyuk, and shakes his head, “I’m not a hostage.” He smiles, “I’m here because of own carelessness.”

“No! It’s my fault, I should have offered you a lift!” Donghae cries, gripping on to Ryeowook’s pants. “I’m sorry Wookie~! Please forgive me!”

The oldest is about to laugh at the situation when a white blonde male pulls him up by the collar.

“I may look cute but I am damn good at martial arts, so don’t smirk like you can defend yourself against me Jongwoon. I could snap you like a twig, if I wanted to. I could…”

Taking Jongwoon’s seat, Kyuhyun pulls out his phone. “Honey if you are going to do the speech I want to record it… I missed my chance last time… Start again for me?”

Sungmin looks over Jongwoon’s shoulder, “Kyu, this is not the time! See?” Shaking Jongwoon back and forth with one hand Sungmin gestures to the older man, “I am busy; I’ll do the speech another time.” Looking back at the ever silent and stoic Jongwoon he glowers. “You put my baby in hospital! Be prepared to die for touching him! How dare you Jongwoon! WHY COULDN’T YOU JUST LIKE PLANTS OR SOMETHING?!”

Sungmin’s fist is raise above his head, ready to swing but someone’s hands wrap around his arm, pulling it back down into a relaxed position. Turning he sees Ryeowook looking extremely pitiful.

“Hyung… You can’t hurt him.” Ryeowook gently removed Sungmin’s hand from Jongwoon’s collar and smiled softly up at his Hyung as he stood in front of his rescuer. “I know I told you that Disney is wrong, but this time, Hyung, I think it’s different. And if I get a date with the guy behind me because I slayed you with words of reassurance and truth, then I can say I started this relationship by killing a witch.”

Standing still behind Ryeowook, ready to protect the younger at any second Jongwoon listens intently to Ryeowook’s words. He wants a date… With me…

“Wookie…” Sungmin starts, but he can’t find the right words. He knows how hard Ryeowook has tried in the past to avoid love, just in case Disney lied about it too him entirely. He knows that Ryeowook slowly lost his innocence as he watched Sungmin love, date, lose love and hurt. He knows that Ryeowook’s dating experience is all through Sungmin. Most of all he knows that he isn’t ready to let Ryeowook go on a real date. No matter how much he has tried to pressure the younger into it before.

“Minnie Hyung,” Wook sniffles, “I know you. I know what you want to say. But don’t you think it’s time I tried to love for myself? Please don’t hurt the first person I want to love. Please don’t hurt Jongwoon…”

Without thinking, without caring about anything but Ryeowook. Jongwoon slides his arms under Ryeowook’s and hugs his waist, resting his head on the younger’s shoulder. He closes his eyes, breathing in before whispering, “Thank you,” into Ryeowook’s ear. “Thank you for slaying a witch for me.”

 

A/N:: Firstly, all I can see in the last scene is that time where Ryeowook wore a wig and large red jumper, Jongwoon hugged him from behind and looked so in love, it was from a concert but I have no idea which one or what song they sang. 

Secondly, I am sorry I am so late, I said before Christmas and yet, here I am after New Year, I'm such bad person... Christmas was even that busy, I had time to write, I just... felt tired... Family is draining. Haha, so Merry Belated Christmas, and Happy Belated New Year, I will try to be better at updating in the new year ^^ 

Third, do I discribe too much, not enough just right or what? I have always disliked discribing things, mainly cause in school my teachers always wanted me to discribe a flower and it had to be something like "A fragile cream rose that had sharp brown thorns on a long green stem that had been shed of its leaves due to the fact that..." blah blah bah... I don't like flowery discription. I apologise if that is what you like, but I feel that I should include your likes and thoughts more. So anything, be it characters, scenes places something to do with the writing, let me know and I will attempt it for you in the next chapters!

That's all, so I shall update again soon ^^ <3 Thanks all~!