Fate's Wishes

Just You and Me

Ryeowook waves a silent goodbye to Shindong, the older male smiles happily before sticking his head into the mysterious office and muttering a few words. Ryeowook can hear the muffled reply from the male inside and he sighs as he walks passed.

Maybe it’s not Jongwoon… His voice isn’t as rich as it was when they spoke. The words that flow into a string of sentences are harsh and to be honest, Ryeowook thinks they are quite cold. Nothing like how he remembers Jongwoon.

In Ryeowook’s memory, everything has already faded. He only has what he thinks he remembers. And that is the dark mop of hair that sat on Jongwoon’s head, and that his voice was rich and velvet like. He isn’t sure if he remembers the colour of Jongwoon’s eyes. He can’t tell if he imagined them to sparkle that much or if the light really did reflect off them the way it seemed to do that day. Ryeowook can’t even remember the elders face. Just the dark business suit that he wore. And how scuffed his leather shoes were even though they were polished.

How he wishes he could see Jongwoon, just so he could take in the sight and burn his image behind his eyelids, never to forget him again. Even if they don’t end up together like he dreams, he could have that image in his mind forever.

Ryeowook leaves work, trying to recall what Jongwoon looked like, how the elder sounded. He is so caught up in all his thoughts he forgets the small dark jacket that he got from Sungmin on his birthday a few years ago…

 

As Jongwoon is locking up at eleven thirty, he notices a small dark jacket hanging on the staff coat rack next to his large trench coat. Although it’s only autumn, Jongwoon is cold. He has never been good with the cold; he is like his turtles and prefers the warmth the sun provides. Although he dislikes the idea of actually going outside...

Picking up the jacket Jongwoon looks for some evidence of whom it may belong. He turns the pockets inside out and even looks under the tag in hopes that there will be some identifier. He comes up with nothing. The worst he found in the owners pocket was a piece of lint and a very old, much used transit card. It worried him that said owner was now stranded somewhere because they didn’t have their transit card. He could see the faceless figure shivering at the bus shelter or chattering his teeth in the subway terminals.

Jongwoon sighs. If he was able to face Ryeowook he would probably know who the jacket belongs to instead of trying to figure out who works here other than Ryeowook and Shindong who he sees daily and concentrates his conversations around. If only he was able to show that he too works here to his crush… But he feels like a little school boy and Ryeowook is his idol. It’s best if they keep their distance.

Jongwoon sets the jacket back down on its peg, it is best if he doesn’t take it from its place. If the owner returns tomorrow he will surely notice if it is gone. Jongwoon does not wish to invoke any unnecessary trust issues with his employees. Shrugging into his trench coat Jongwoon turns off the last of the lights after he keys in the security code. He then pulls the doors closed and locks them. Pressing his jacket closer to his chest he moves forward.

Looking up to the sky all he sees is black aside from the gold or silver lights that shine from the buildings around him. He can’t help but smile at the exquisite view of the city. Tall apartment buildings side by side with casino towers or businesses. Occasionally the skyline falls dramatically and you find a eight story building that seems so out of place near the others which have twenty plus stories.

Jongwoon likes the city, he loves how busy it can be but at the same time so calm. So relaxed for a place that never seems to have its lights out.

He walks out into the one way street, still watching the skyline change as he moves downhill. Shoving his hands in his pockets he contemplates what Ryeowook would think of going out on a date with just this. Would Ryeowook even like the city at night?

Jongwoon doesn’t know if he would, but he doesn’t care. He simply imagines Ryeowook calling his name as they meet up in the middle of the night to share their thoughts and walk around the endless city.

 

It isn’t until he is home that Ryeowook notices that something is missing. Or, rather, Donghae notices the lack of a single item. Donghae has a strong love for his younger friend, he would do anything to protect him, he would lie to a judge and jury if it meant that Ryeowook would be spared. Hyukjae disapproved of this, but the two had been friends for quite some time so he couldn’t really protest all that much.

“I can drive you there if you would prefer?” Donghae whispered to Ryeowook, neither wished for Sungmin to hear their conversation in fear that Ryeowook would be boiled alive by the cute bunny.

Sungmin gave gifts that had to be kept until they were useless.

He always gave gifts that were useful.

“No. It’s okay, I shall walk, it’s not too far.” Ryeowook quickly grabs his keys and phone, “Cover for me Hyung?”

Donghae nods, shrugging off his jacket. “Please be safe, if anything happened to you…” he sighs, handing the jacket to Ryeowook, “Just be safe okay?”

The younger nods, pulling on Donghae’s much too large jacket and walking out of the house quietly.

If he ran, he would make it just in time to catch his mystery boss leaving so he could grab his jacket.

But he would have to run.

Fast.

 

A/N:: I can't believe you guys actually read the A/N yesterday, I was so surprised to have people commenting about it XD Happy and surprised~! But that makes me feel good, at least I know its not falling on unreading eys (as it would to me if I was reading my own story... I am such a terrible person...)

Speaking of terrible people... I turly am one. I mean how close can I get them together with out them actually noticing each other? It is so close I can taste it! XD Next chapter, I promise (with my fingers crossed because I may break this to be terrible again) that they shall meet again. 

Also, the next chapter may not be posted till maybeThursday, or Friday, depends how I feel... I have a night class tomorrow so no chapter then because I usually get back at three am and flop onto my bed in my clothes and don't wake up until twelve or one... OR when my siblings are home eight am... >.< Gotta love family... :/

Um....... I think thats it... Comments are good... You guys are all so sweet for actually commenting, I swear this is the only fic that actually gets comments, even my XiuHan fic only has about 12 comments, and its nearly (well really it is) complete... XD 

Anyway, thats really all. Thank you to everyone who makes me smile in the mornings with the comments you guys leave. You make my mornings the greatest. 

Until next time my lovelies <3