Don't Be Upset

Just You and Me

A week ago Jongwoon would have been sitting in his office at his restaurant reading project proposals, signing off documents or ignoring Kyuhyun’s calls for a meeting at the main building. He would have been watching the boy of his dreams dance around a kitchen, doing what he loves with a dreamy eyed smile. He would have been curious what it was like to talk to him, just talk, nothing more. Although, his mind would occasionally have wandered and he would think of how soft the younger’s lips would feel against his own, how perfect the smaller would fit in his arms. And then he would have to start reading his documents all over again, clearing his mind of all possible distractions for at least one more page.

But that was a week ago. Before he nearly got beaten up by his workmate’s boyfriend, after saving his, now potential, almost boyfriend’s life. Now, Jongwoon is sitting in his office on the fifteenth floor of a large building in the centre of Seoul, doing what he could be doing in his restaurant.

Jongwoon’s family owned a large corporation so large that Jongwoon only really knew a fraction of what his family did. There was the business restoration side of things – which Jongwoon was currently learning to take over – where they would buy, restore and sell potential profit makers. And then there was the part that his brother, Jongjin, was going to eventually take over which involved travel in some way. His mother and father took care of the rest, overseeing everything at least.

Currently, Jongwoon is sulking, doing his work but sulking about it. Kyuhyun is sitting outside Jongwoon’s office at his desk playing Starcraft instead of organising files and sending emails like he should be. It was only an hour ago that he walked into Jongwoon’s office and asked if he would take Ryeowook to his cooking classes that evening as Sungmin had to stay late at work. That was when Jongwoon started sulking.

“When does he start?” he had asked too enthusiastically for Kyuhyun’s liking. He had barely had his third coffee for the day.

“At two, you still have another five hours to get ready, and work out what you’re going to say. Then completely ditch it and favour something along the lines of, ‘one day, when you’re not busy, would you like to meet my turtles?’ and pray that Ryeowook doesn’t leave at that second because you are a creepy creeper just like Min and I told him.”

It was then that Kyuhyun had been kicked out, threatened on loss of his job and Jongwoon started pouting like a three year old being rejected for a cookie.

Kyuhyun sighs, looking at his watch. Still practically no time had passed for the day. He had gotten here at eight and hoped that he would get some good game time in before he clocked off at five like everyone else that didn’t have other places to be. But alas, it is only ten in the morning and even his fourth or fifth cup of coffee or his session of hard core Starcraft couldn’t make him feel any less guilty for saying that to Jongwoon.

Yes the guy was a creep, but there was no way that Ryeowook could ever find him creepy. Wookie was too innocent, he always saw the brightness in people, even when they were nothing but dark. Ryeowook would just smile at Jongwoon in that cute way that he does and say ‘I would love to meet your turtles.’ Kyuhyun knows it and he knows that he was an idiot to tell his boss of all people that he was a freak.

Sighing again, Kyuhyun pauses his game, changes it back to a work screen and stands. Fixing his jacket he walks back into Jongwoon’s office. The pile of proposal papers that Jongwoon was given earlier hasn’t shrunk, if anything Kyuhyun feels that it is taller. Although he never saw anyone walk in with one.

The elder has his head down on the table, he is mumbling to himself about how he will mess everything up and then Ryeowook will hate him.

Kyu has the feeling that this has been repeated for the past hour.

“Woon?” he mutters, sitting in the chair adjacent his boss’s desk. He has the feeling that Jongwoon will judge him for knowing this but he says it anyway because the older doesn’t move a muscle. “You know how they recently got that girl to do a new version of the song from Sleeping Beauty?”

Jongwoon looks up; his eyes are red and his voice slightly horse, “What song?”

Kyuhyun groans, “Once Upon a Dream…” Jongwoon raises his eyebrow, urging him to explain. “It’s a song about how two people meet for the first time but they believe that they have met before in a dream or something. It’s romantic.”

The older gazes at Kyu in confusion. Since when was Kyuhyun a romantic?

Scratching the nape of his neck Kyu mutters something under his breath about Ryeowook before standing up. Almost instantly he feels a hand around his wrist and he is pulled back into his chair by Jongwoon.

“What about Ryeowook?” The older says with an intent gaze, he is studying Kyuhyun’s face for any miniscule detail that will give him more hope about his love interest.

Exhaling Kyuhyun repeats himself, slowly “Ryeowook said that he felt the song described how he felt about you… Can I go now?”

 

A/N:: FIRSTLY I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT I AM TERRIBLY TERRIBLY SORRY FOR ABANDONING YOU FOR TWO MONTHS OMG I AM A TERRIBLE PERSON PLEASE FORGIVE ME *bows 10000000 times* 

I have recently changed my university degree and so everything was really hectic trying to organise myself, but now that I am organised I hope that I will be able to update more often than once a month... maybe twice a month... I don't want to get your hopes up...

Secondly, I probably scared you with the title of this chapter but I honestly couldn't think of a nicer one without giving away a lot. I was watching Maleficent recently and I am that one person that watches the credits just incase something interesting happens. Once Upon a Dream is the song that plays during the credits. And so the song stuck with me and will be the bases of the next chapters... maybe... 

I don't know. 

Thank you so much for being so gosh darn paitent with me I mean honestly I half expected you all to leave and ever come back because I am just too slow... But I will try to update more often~ I PROMISE!!!

Thank you for all your love and support~! <3