Apologies

Just You and Me

Two months have passed since their first official date, and the two had found themselves seeing each other more outside of work. Jongwoon would start work earlier in order to spend the time before Ryeowook’s cooking class with him. They would go on cute coffee dates or walks through the park, just talking about their day, their past, their friends and their family.

It was one particular day, during their time before Ryeowook’s class that Jongwoon decided that it was time that he introduced Ryeowook to his parents.

“You want me to what?” Ryeowook asks, unsure if he has heard his boyfriend correctly.

“Meet my parents, you know, come over for dinner and all that jazz…” Jongwoon takes a sip of his coffee, averting his eyes. He knows the heavy meaning behind his words but he hopes that Ryeowook will overlook them since they aren’t a typical couple.

Carefully, the younger sets down his cup, looking up at Jongwoon searching for his seriousness.

“Are you sure?” he asks.

Jongwoon nods, not trusting his voice at this point in time.

“You want me to meet your parents?”

Another nod.

“Do they know that I’m… a boy?”

A shake of the head, “I haven’t really told them I am dating though, since I haven’t seen them for a while…”

Ryeowook isn’t sure if he should feel content with this or if he should feel ashamed that Jongwoon hasn’t told his family. Not that Ryeowook has told his own family, knowing how well they had taken to Sungmin when they found out about his ual orientation. So really, Ryeowook is torn between feeling guilty and ashamed.

Jongwoon, noticing Ryeowook’s tension wraps his arm around the boy, “You don’t have to worry, I will love you no matter what they say.”

The younger smiles softly, and hugs Jongwoon’s waist, pressing his face into the elder’s chest.

“I’ll tell you a secret?” Without waiting for a reply, he continues, “They were against my turtles, so I moved out.”

This gains a laugh from them both.

 

A few days later Jongwoon is at home, eating dinner with his parents.

He doesn’t know how to say it. How to bring it up with his parents.

They are right in front of him, right there. Not too far away for them to not hear him, yet far enough that he could feel that he was safe.

“Mum…” Jongwoon starts, watching his mother look up from her food, she smiles softly, knowing that her son has an awkward personality.

“Yes honey?”

“I… I need to tell you something…”

His father huffs and his brother picks at his food.

“You guys too…”

They all look at him, waiting patiently.

“I…” he his lips. “I want you to… uh…”

“Son, you should get to the point…” his father mutters.

“Well… I want you to… meet someone…”

His mother drops her utensils and jumps out of her chair. “You have someone?” she squeals. Throwing herself on to her husband, “He has someone!”

“Who is it?” Jongjin asks, not too interested, but interested enough.

Looking at his plate, Jongwoon whispers, “Um… His name is Kim Ryeowook…”

 

Calling home has always been hard for Ryeowook. His mother has always been understanding of his dreams, and trusting that he will make the right decisions without her. His father has always remained indifferent. And normally, Ryeowook wouldn’t call them unless it was the beginning or end of the week, and even then it was only occasionally. So when his mother picked up the phone he wasn’t surprised that she was shocked. But he had to call her and tell her the news, since Jongwoon was doing it in person.

“Hey,” Ryeowook says, his stomach twirling and dancing with nerves.

“Hello baby, what’s the matter?” His mother questions, always on the ball.

“I need to tell you and dad something important…” His palms are sweaty and he can feel his throat tightening.

“Hang on…” there is a beep from the other end, “Okay, you’re on speaker, say what you need to baby.”

He sighs, “I’m… I am sorry that I am a disappointment…”

“Honey…” Already his mother is interrupting.

“I’m not done yet…” he whispers.

“Okay,” his father says, “Go on.”

“But… I need you to know that I love you, and that no matter what you say, what you do, how you feel towards me I will always love you and be grateful towards you. Because you brought me into this world and you gave me all you could so that I could be happy… I am so sorry that I am not what you wanted, but I am who I am and there is nothing wrong with that…”

“Wook…” His mother is crying on the other end, her voice strained through tears.

“Mum… I need to tell you the main part…”

“We know…” his father says, and before Ryeowook can ask what they know his father continues, “And we don’t mind that you are gay.”

Now Ryeowook is crying, sniffling and chocking on his saliva trying to ask how they worked it out.

It is his mother who speaks up, “Sungmin gave it away… He isn’t very good at keeping secrets… That and… you were always very feminine in your ways…”

Slowly evening his breathing, calming his tears, Ryeowook manages a sentence “You don’t hate me?”

His father laughs, “Nope. But your mother still wants grandkids!”

“Yes! So tell the young man that you are dating that we need to think of adoption or surrogacy okay?” His mother laughs.

“Why don’t you come up and tell him yourself mum?”

 

A/N:: short cause theres lots of talking and that makes it feel longer to meeeeee... I too apologise~! 

LOVE~