Hospital Visits

Just You and Me

Jongwoon had carried Ryeowook to his car in silence, mostly thinking of what he should say or ask. All the scenarios that he had once imagined having dissipated. Ryeowook was just as silent as he held onto Jongwoon. He too couldn’t form the words that came to his mind. But still neither thought that it was awkward, more that there was too much to say. During the drive there was less silence, where Ryeowook gained the courage to ask about Jongwoon’s day. The elder had given his answer and the conversation gently flowed from there. Both males were scared to ask anything truly meaningful, about their feelings or the meaning behind all the words they had shared earlier. They just talked as if they were meeting for the first time, with no further thought to it.

Once he had parked Jongwoon had helped Ryewook out of the car, once again carrying the smaller man on his back. They had gone through reception and – with help of Jongwoon’s contacts – gone straight through to see the doctor. At which time Jongwoon sent his message to Ryeowook’s house mate and his friend, Kyuhyun, only to be reply to by an angry Sungmin.

“You can go in now,” The Doctor says as he emerges from the room, looking down at his clipboard he recites his conclusions, “Your friend is fine, I have tended to his grazes. From what I can tell he doesn’t seem to have a concussion but when he rests he will need to be monitored just in case… He is free to leave but he must come back tomorrow if anything seems strange.”

“Strange?” Jongwoon fidgets, worried.

“Yes, if he doesn’t wake up, if his eyes are foggy. If he throws up at all. Anything such as that,” the Doctor hands Jongwoon the bill and a recommendation note, “Read these instructions and if anything happens just call the number at the bottom of the page.”

“Thank you Doctor.” Jongwoon bows before walking into see Ryeowook pulling on his jacket.

“Are we going now?” He asks with a cute smile, tugging the jacket closer to his body. Jongwoon blushes at the cute site, thinking that if Ryeowook had longer hair he could easily be mistaken for a girl just by wearing the slightly oversized jacket.

“No…” Jongwoon mutters, shaking his head and showing his phone to Ryeowook, “Your house mates are coming to get you from the entrance…”

Ryeowook can’t help but laugh at what is obviously Sungmin – reiterated by Sungmin himself when Jongwoon doesn’t understand the situation. The older is always acting like this when something happens to Ryeowook. Grabbing Jongwoon’s wrist, Ryeowook pulls him out to the front of the hospital, still giggling.

“What’s funny?” Jongwoon asks, when they reach outside, blushing at the contact between them, made worse by the cold air.

 “Sungmin.” He giggles, sitting down on a bench just outside the entrance letting go of Jongwoon’s wrist to hug his chest. He smiles up at Jongwoon, “He’s way to over protective sometimes. I think it’s funny that he doesn’t understand that I am older enough to look after myself.”

Jongwoon nods, sitting next to Ryeowook. He wraps his arms around himself, curling up into himself.

“He’s really sweet though,” Ryeowook says.

“He can be…” Jongwoon mutters, “But I don’t know if I am going to enjoy his company when he comes to get you…”

Ryeowook giggles again, smiling up at Jongwoon, “You don’t have to worry, Sungmin won’t hurt you if I’m protecting you.”

Jongwoon can feel himself blushing more at how cute Ryeowook is, so much so that he can’t form words, instead just looks forward and nods.

The two of them sit next to each other on the bench, hugging their chests in silence. Eventually Ryeowook’s eyes flutter closed as they continue to wait for Sungmin. The younger man slowly entering sleep, head tilting to the side and eventually his head falls onto Jongwoon’s shoulder. The older blushes immensely, gently wrapping his arm around the younger’s shoulder in order to keep him warm.

It isn’t too long before a voice calls out to them both. “Jongwoon! Ryeowook!”

Looking up Jongwoon sees four figures walking toward them. Kyuhyun is waving vigorously, Donghae hanging off of Hyukjae’s arm. Sungmin has his arms crossed and he is storming in front of the others. Almost as soon as Jongwoon sees them he releases Ryeowook’s shoulders to shake him awake gently.

“Jongwoon!” Sungmin yells furiously, “Don’t you touch my Ryeowook!”

 

A/N:: Here we are~! An update that didn't take weeks!! Haha, I will update again soon with Sungmin and Jongwoon's encounter. 

Until next time <3