First Dates

Just You and Me

The first thing Jongwoon does is take his things for him. Carrying everything in his arms on the way to the car. They chatter a little bit about the hot meal that Ryeowook has made and is currently siting in a plastic takeaway box in one of the bags Jongwoon has. It is some western dish that Jongwoon hasn’t heard of before, but the way that Ryeowook describes it makes it sound like heaven.

Or that could just be the way Ryeowook makes food sound.

Once they arrive at the car Jongwoon opens his door for him and then moves to place everything in the back seat before making his way to the driver’s side. Once the car is started Jongwoon asks if Ryeowook would like to go to a café or a restaurant, stating that he wanted to make it up to the younger for having to wait for him early.

“Let’s go somewhere nice.” Ryeowook says, “There is this really nice Italian restaurant near the Seoul Tower that I like. Can we go there?”

Jongwoon agrees with a nod and keys in the co-ordinates for the Seoul Tower. They drive whilst listening to the radio. The latest tunes playing for them in the background.

For a while it is quite, just their breathing and the sounds coming from the radio. But then a song comes on and the younger can’t help himself and sings under his breath, growing slightly louder. Still at a reasonably quite voice level he feels that Jongwoon won’t notice. However, when the song comes to an end Jongwoon turns to him with a soft smile.

“You have a beautiful voice.”

The younger blushes and shrugs him off, singing along to the next song that plays, ignoring Jongwoon’s side looks as best as he can. Jongwoon feels proud that he has made Ryeowook feel comfortable enough to sing in front of him, even after being embarrassed.

After several more songs they get closer to the Seoul Tower Ryeowook directs Jongwoon to park in front of a Subway and SevenEleven. Getting out of the car Jongwoon questions how close they are to the tower.

“If we continue up this street there is an elevator that takes you to the cable cars.” Ryeowook points straight ahead, it is too far to see anything but a slowly moving box going uphill. “But the restaurant, is up this street and to the left a bit.”

They walk for a short distance before they reach an office building and an alley like street. Ryeowook unconsciously grabs Jongwoons wrist and pulls him up the alley, waving at an older woman washing lettuce out the front of a barbeque place.

Jongwoon doesn’t mention the skinship.

Half way up the street they come to some stairs which seem to lead down into the bottom floor of the office building. At first Jongwoon is hesitant, but as Ryeowook pulls him further down he notices that there are several small shops, connecting to the outside of the office building. Not even two stores down from the stairs, Ryeowook turns to Jongwoon.

“Please be nice, he is my sunbae…” He sighs, before noticing how he is holding Jongwoon and pulling away to open the door.

The place isn’t that large. Five tables line the right side of the room with two in the middle of the room. To the left is kitchen where you can see everything being prepared and made. Next to the door is a drink fridge and a counter which holds a computer and some business cards.

At the moment the place is empty aside from the tall attractive chef that is kneading some dough in the kitchen and a coper haired waiter seated behind the counter who was talking with the chef until the door swung open and a bell chimed. This immediately made him turn his head.

“Hello!” he called and bowed at the two of them.

“Henry… You don’t have to greet me so formally... How many times have I told you this?” Ryeowook chirps happily to the boy. Instantly the boy straightens up and runs over to Ryeowook, wrapping his arms around him and spinning him around.

“It’s been so long~ Look Minjoon, Ryeowook’s back!” Henry cries putting him down, and turning towards the tall rather handsome male behind the kitchen bench. He nods slightly continuing his work, it is only then that Henry notices Jongwoon, who is trying hard not to step in between the two or glare at Henry. “Who is your friend?”

The blush that spreads across Ryeowooks cheeks in priceless and Jongwoon simply wishes to kiss him.

“I’m Kim Jongwoon, Ryeowook’s boyfriend.” He bows, hiding his own flushed cheeks. This is the first time he has given his and Ryeowook’s relationship a name. “It’s nice to meet you.”

“Like as in, the Kim Jongwoon?” Henry asks, “The Kim Jongwoon? You own all those companies right?”

Jongwoon nods, blushing. “I guess…”

Henry jumps up, “This is amazing! Mimi is always going on about the work he does for you…” He leads the two to a table and pulls up a chair himself. “It makes me quite jealous when he goes on about you…”

Blinking Jongwoon tries to work out in his mind what is happening, Henry seems way too excited about knowing him and Ryeowook seems to just be relaxing into the familiarity of the entire situation.

Reaching out and touching his arm, Ryeowook draws Jongwoon back to the conversation, “You know Zhoumi?”

A slight nod, “I know a Zhoumi… Who likes to call himself MiMi…”

Henry nods, “That is my MiMi, he does a lot of interior design for massive companies around the world, mostly Asia, but you know, I think his best work has always been when he works for Jongwoon…”

“So… How do you know Zhoumi…?”

There is a stifled giggle from Ryeowook as Henry turns bright red, “He… He didn’t mention me…?”

A simple shake of the head.

“Oh… Well… I’m his partner…” Henry stands slowly, “I will get your menus.” And then adding in a harsh whisper as he walks away, “And give Zhoumi a piece of my mind.”

Still giggling Ryeowook touches Jongwoon’s hand to get his attention, pulling back almost instantly. “Henry and Zhoumi have been together for several years now, Henry gets nearly as jealous as Zhoumi does but he has learnt to control it most of the time. Zhoumi is a bit of a flirt, as you probably know…”

“Yeah… just a bit…” Jongwoon shivers, remembering all those times he had caught Zhoumi pinching painters buttocks and the flashes a flirtatious wink towards the removalists.

Henry returns, placing two menus in front of them along with a basic of bread and some sort of dipping oil. He smiles at Ryeowook before walking along to Minjoon and complaining about something in English. Jongwoon is sure he hears his name mentioned several times but he tries to tune it out.

“You know,” Ryeowook says, looking over his menu, “Minjoon does the best carbonara in the world? Even better than in Italy.”

Jongwoon raises an eyebrow, “Have you ever been to Italy?”

“No. But that’s what Henry said, so I believe him.”

 

They end up ordering the carbonara and a seafood pizza, with help from Henry stating that the garlic swirl worked well with the shrimp that was on the fresh base. Of course, Henry had suggested that they share due to the large size. And when he bought the meals he placed a small bowl containing more garlic and pickles, stating, ‘the pizza is better with pickles’ before disappearing outside and talking on his phone.

After two baskets of fresh – more importantly – free bread and three glasses, each, of various drinks they were more than three quarters of their way through both pizza and pasta. And as both Ryeowook and Henry had claimed, it was amazing.

The two of them had disgust many topics of varying interest. Ranging from their dating experience – Ryeowook with his little second hand experience had more to talk about than Jongwoon had about his turtles – to their interest in sport. Jongwoon decided that soccer was most defiantly his favourite after Ryeowook had spent at least twenty minutes on the topic.

Currently, though, they were talking living arrangements. Ryeowook explaining how everyone had come together in such an awkward and yet mystifyingly perfect way.

“And that is how Hyukjae moved into Donghae’s room... I still don’t think that is actually the true story, but if you ask them they just blush and agree that it is. Secretly, I think they were out drunk one night and slept together… You know? And unlike most one night stands, it lasted. But we will never really know…” he swirls some pasta on to his fork, “You know how Sungmin and Kyuhyun met right?”

A nod from Jongwoon, he had heard the story many a time. He didn’t feel like hearing it again.

“Yeah, well I swear not too long after they went on their first date Kyuhyun moved in with us. It was so strange that our house was suddenly full… I honestly didn’t mind. It just bothered me that everyone else was so happy and I was… you know… single…”

Jongwoon takes a bite of his pizza, nodding with complete understanding. He hadn’t liked the fact that he was the only one in his group of friends that was single either.

“But then… I met you…” Ryeowook stops to eat his pasta.

“And what did you think when you met me?”

Ryeowook looks away, “I told you didn’t I?”

Jongwoon shakes his head, taking another bite of his pizza. They hadn’t exactly talked a lot, and when they did it wasn’t really ever about themselves… To be honest, Jongwoon still hadn’t confirmed with Ryeowook if they were dating or not. Not that he had been rejected in his statement previously.

“Oh… Well…” Ryeowook continues to swirl pasta onto his fork. He wanted to tell Jongwoon that he had felt like they were connected by something. “I… I…” but instead, he would say something else. “I will tell you that Sungmin was very jealous of our first encounter.”

Not minding the detour all that much Jongwoon laughs, “Was he?”

A nod from Ryeowook, glad that the subject could be avoided for at least a little while longer, “He was… He said that you weren’t as charming as I made you sound. And…” Ryeowook laughs and blushes to himself.

“What?” Jongwoon smiles.

“He… he was jealous… that you know… You didn’t…”

“Didn’t what?” he presses, not completely understanding the younger’s reason to be so flushed.

Ryeowook reaches up and touches the spot that on a few occasions Jongwoon had touced, just above his upper lip. “Touch here…”

Now he understood. “Oh…”

“Yeah…”

They both continue eating, silence engulfing them as they both try to think of a way to get out of such an awkward pause.

“You know…” Jongwoon starts, placing the crust of his pizza down on his plate. “I did that because I felt…” he sighs, not looking up, “I felt… I dunno… I felt like I had known you forever… and I knew instantly that I was attracted to you… I guess that is why I did it…”

Ryeowook bites his lip. “I felt the same.”

Looking up, Jongwoon smiles, “Really?”

A nod from Ryeowook. “Yup.”

 

Once they finish their meal, successfully avoiding any more awkward conversation, Jongwoon pays Henry for everything at the register while Ryeowook talks with Minjoon.

“He is really innocent you know.” Henry comments, handing Jongwoon his receipt. “Innocent and sweet. You need to make sure you look after him.”

Jongwoon nods, “I will. He is precious to me.”

Henry smiles, “You should probably tell him what he means too. He can be a little dense at times. When you introduced yourself as his boyfriend he seemed a little shocked to be honest. So… This is just as his friend, you know, you don’t actually have to listen to me… But you should talk to him about everything.”

Another nod, “I know.”

He knew he needed to. He wanted Ryeowook to feel special. And Jongwoon seriously just wanted to be able to call home and confirm that, yes, he was dating. Instead of dodging it like he would normally do. And once Ryeowook had confirmed it, he knew that he would no longer be dreaming up perfect dates.

Instead, he would be living them.

A/N:: OMG that is so long... 2100.. I just couldnt bring myself to stop... mainly 'cause I was talking about my all time favourite resturant. Honestly it is amazing, and has the best carbonara in the world (I have been most places in the world, and it was best, Italy came second by the way) I HOPE TO GOODNESS that this was good enough for a first date... I kind of jumped about a little bit but I honestly think that it would have dragged on other wise. also... It didn't proof read - not that I normally do - so I apologise about mistakes. 

I also apologise for it not being funny or too cute... its really like an awkward date...sadly...

I am tired now, so I will update again soon. Comment your thoughts~!

Until next time <3