Believe

Just You and Me

“Sungmin…?” Ryeowook mutters. He is in the lounge room, sitting in his chair (an old armchair that had once belonged to his grandfather) reading a cookbook. Or rather, analysing it and studying it like no tomorrow.

Sungmin looks across at Ryeowook from his spot on the lounge where he is watching some variety show, smiling softly at the younger. “Yes?”

“I want a love as perfect as that between the giraffe and the turtle…” He mutters, not looking up from his cookbook once. Rather, he kept staring.

Sungmin couldn’t help but laugh. “I don’t think there is a story about the giraffe and the turtle Wookie…” he thinks for a moment. “It’s the owl and the pussycat or something…”

He doesn’t quite hear Wookie’s next words. But after repeating them over in his head all afternoon he is sure the younger had defiantly said “There will be… I’ll make sure of it.”

Whilst lying in bed curled up against Kyuhyun’s warm chest he whispers to himself, “I believe you will Wookie.”

 

Jongwoon did the math twice, counted out all the cash in the tills and then sent off the pay cheques. He was done for the day. The worst thing about being done for the day was the fact that no one else was around. No one would ever be around to say goodbye to him because he was always the last to finish up.

The wait staffs were first, then the dishwasher, Ryeowook was next followed closely by the café manager and Shindong, leaving Jongwoon all by himself in his little white office with the one way glass. Just once, Jongwoon would like to finish before someone else. To say goodbye to them and leave without having to worry about anything except what drama he was going to watch with his turtles when he got home. But he knew that if he left earlier, the work wouldn’t get done and Ryeowook would notice him.

He doesn’t want to be noticed by Ryeowook. He fears being rejected by the younger and so, he just watches whilst compiling documents and listening to business lecturers.

When Jongwoon watches, he sees Ryeowook smile. He enjoys watching the younger cook, since it is obvious that the younger loves it quite a lot. He likes to believe that the smile is just for him. He likes to make up scenarios. Things that would happen if he lived in a fantasy world. Like how when Ryeowook finishes work Jongwoon can jump out and surprise him with a date or something cute and sweet that he knows the younger would enjoy.

But he knows deep down that the younger has no clue he is there behind the glass.

Although, lately he has found the boy staring back at him. Jongwoon knows that Ryeowook can’t see him… That Ryeowook is just thinking… But still, he looks away, feeling flustered and embarrassed about being caught in the act. He still wonders why Ryeowook is staring. Is he thinking of something in particular? A person? Is it Jongwoon he is thinking about? Or has he forgotten about Jongwoon? Was the feeling that Jongwoon felt one sided?

Jongwoon has too many questions. None that can be answered. He even asked Kyuhyun  to try and get some answers. But even he can’t get Ryeowook to spill something, anything, to him, and thus Jongwoon has no leads on where he stands with the younger. Kyuhyun’s lover seems to believe that Ryeowook is purposely ignoring his feelings for anyone and anything except cooking in order to move his career ahead faster.

But Jongwoon doesn’t think that’s true.

He watches Ryeowook. He knows how Ryeowook reacts to his food. He knows how excited he is to learn something new. How thrilled he is to complete something perfectly. How he gets upset when someone turns it back. Jongwoon thinks Ryeowook looks like he has found out his food killed a man.

Jongwoon doesn’t understand how Ryeowook can feel so much about his food, but he doesn’t question it.

But no matter how much he watches, he never sees the strong intent to move out of his position, to move to the head chef spot. The younger seems incredibly content to learn and work together as a team with Shindong.

Jongwoon recalls a conversation that the chef and the boy had once. Shindong had asked what Ryeowook thought of becoming head chef, he asked how Ryeowook believed he would get to such a place. The younger replied with how he feels that he will one day open his own restaurant where he will be the head chef, but it won’t be until he has passed through the many levels of the kitchen. He then continued on to say “and there is one aspect of my life that needs developing before I can fully understand the love of food.” Jongwoon remembers how Shindong instantly thought of his love life. The younger had blushed and nodded before continuing his work.

Standing and stretching his back Jongwoon sighs. All he wants to do is to rush out and scream to the world of how he loves the younger male. Of how he wishes to be with Kim Ryeowook until the day he dies. But he knows that he is being ridiculous. He knows that he is stupid to think that Ryeowook would feel anything toward someone who he had only met for five minutes. Even if they both felt the connection. Even if they both felt like they had met somewhere before. Jongwoon doesn’t believe that Ryeowook could love him back.

He grabs his coat and bag, turning off his computer and locking away the money in a tray which he then places into his bag. Jongwoon opens the door to the office and turns off the light before stepping out and shutting it again.

He walks out of the restaurant, turning off the lights as he goes. Finding his car he climbs inside and starts toward his house.

Just once, Jongwoon would like someone to say goodbye to him.

Just once.

 

A/N:: OKay~!!! I had two requests for longer chapters, so I wrote this double the length of the last chapter. If its still too short, please do tell me I will try to write more but this writing style is different to my normal stuff so its slightly harder. BUT I WILL TRY!! I honestly thought that I would only get another 200 words on top of the last chapters word count, but no, I doubled it!! So I can do it. Just need to believe. Like Sungmin believes in Wookie. XD

Soon the two shall meet again. Soon. I am so nervous, I was going to make it happen here but I just couldn't bring myself to it. Its like Ryeowook needs more time to sort out if he is in love or not. If he wants Jongwoon to be there or not... Ehhh Wookie is so difficult at times XD 

Speaking of Wookie, I watch the cutest interview (SBS PopAsia SuperJunior interview). So Ryeowook is sitting next to Heechul who is next to Donghae. Half way through the interview Donghae and Heechul are holding hands (Donghae is bouncing their hands together on Heechuls leg and Heechul is just watching him do it) and Ryeowook notices, watches for a few seconds before moving his hand towards Heechul's lap and looking up at him. Heechul looked at Ryeowook all "what do you want" until he saw Wookie's pleading look for love and took his hand in his. Soooooooo cute~! Oh~! And when Donghae talked of his ideal type Wookie hid in Heechul's chest because Donghae said "someone who is pretty, can cook well, has pale skin and... (more like an after thought) long hair"

 

Anyway, I have talked more than I should. Please comment, it was amazing to wake up to five comments on this fic, I enjoy all of them and will reply no matter what you say. Even if its small and simple. I will also try to take it all into consideration~!

Until next time <3