Sungmin Knows Best

Just You and Me

Sungmin paced around the house. He was worried.

Ryeowook was late.

He was never late, unless something came up, and then he usually texted. Why was he late…? Why hadn’t he texted? Was something wrong? Did he get hurt? Did something really bad happen? Was there a car accident? Or did he just want to help ShinDong in the kitchen? What if he was just working overtime, preparing for a catering job that he forgot to mention to everyone else?

And yet, Sungmin felt that Ryeowook would have texted in order to remind everyone.

Kyuhyun was home, so was Donghae, even Hyukjae was home, and he usually arrived after Ryeowook – no matter what the circumstance - probably in order to acquire more of Donghae’s attention.

Sitting in the lounge, waiting for Sungmin to relax, Kyuhyun watches his lover as he paces. He sighs, as the older male walks past him and to the front door for the nth time. The older man peering out in hopes that Ryeowook will be coming around the corner.  Alas he sees nothing but darkness outside the door.

“Honey…” Kyu mutters, the older humming in reply as he shuts the door and moves to sit in Kyu’s lap. He hugs Kyu’s neck, resting his head on the younger’s shoulder in order to find some comfort. “Ryeowook is a big kid, he’s probably fine.”

Sungmin sighs, wriggling closer to Kyuhyun’s chest. “How can I trust what you are saying when my gut is telling me that the poor baby is somewhere in trouble? He hasn’t come home yet… If he finished work where is he? And if he hasn’t why didn’t he text us? I don’t know what I am going to do if something has happened to him Kyu.”

Rubbing gentle circles into the elder’s back, Kyu nods understanding completely. Ryeowook is the baby of the house, everyone is always looking out for him, even Kyu – who bullies the younger quite often – feels over protective of the older man. Kyuhyun knows that there isn’t anything he can say or do that will help his lover calm down and he knows it. His boyfriend is a complete mother hen when it comes to their household.

Donghae walks in to see the two cuddling together on the lounge and instantly feels guilty, not having told anyone – even Hyuk – about the earlier conversation that Ryeowook and himself had had. Originally Donghae coming down stairs to see if either Sungmin or Kyu had heard from Ryeowook, but now, seeing how stressed Sungmin was about the entire situation, he was going to confess.

He had to let the older know where Ryeowook had gone.

Donghae’s palms sweat as he clears his throat, asking for the attention of those on the lounge. The two turn to face him, Sungmin’s eyes lit with hope, he instantly sits up moving slightly away from Kyuhyun.

“What is it Donghae?” Kyu asks, annoyed that the sweet moment that he was having with his boyfriend had been ruined.

“Oh… um… I just wanted to say… That I… Um…” Donghae trails off muttering something incoherent to them both.

Sungmin is about to ask him to speak up when he feels something vibrate beneath him, turning to Kyuhyun he raises an eyebrow. The way his lips are pursed leaves Kyuhyun to instantly feel terrible about how inappropriate it is that his phone is vibrating right now if it isn’t Ryeowook, or something related to the man.

“It could be Ryeowook!” he insists, and proceeds to lift Sungmin off him in order to retrieve his mobile.

The couple – now having forgotten Donghae, who was still standing awkwardly in the doorway – looked at the new message displayed on the mobile phones screen.

CloudBoy123: Kim Ryeowook is with me, don’t worry, we are just at the hospital.

He has my baby?” Sungmin screams, jumping off the lounge entirely, Kyuhyun’s phone in hand.

Donghae jumps back, tripping on his own feet in shock and falling back into the wall. A loud bang erupts through the house and Hyukjae jumps up from his desk and comes running down the stairs after hearing both the scream and bang consecutively. He sees his boyfriend on the floor holding his head, while Sungmin is tapping away at Kyuhyun’s phone angrily.

“You okay Haebaby?” Hyukjae asks, helping his boyfriend off the floor and kissing his head softly before smiling sweetly.

The younger nods smiling shyly, “I am now.”

The both of them sit on the lounge next to Kyuhyun and watch as Sungmin taps messages to a certain someone. Both Hyuk and Hae look at Kyu for a hint about who it is that the eldest is chatting to.

“Jongwoon…” He mutters, hanging his head in his hands and sighing.

Minnie_is_myne: KIM JONGWOON WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY POOR INNOCENT RYEOWOOK HE IS MY CHILD MY BABY YOU CANNOT

Minnie_is_myne: REPEAT

Minnie_is_myne: CANNOT

Minnie_is_myne: TOUCH MY CHILD

CloudBoy123: Your child…?

Minnie_is_myne: WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM?

Minnie_is_myne: WHY IS HE GOING TO THE HOSIPITAL?

Minnie_is_myne: WHICH HOSPITAL?

Minnie_is_myne: WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME EARLIER?

CloudBoy123: Kyu…?

Minnie_is_myne: NO YOU IDIOT!!! IT’S SUNGMIN!!!!

CloudBoy123: Oh… I’m sorry Sungmin…

Minnie_is_myne: I will not accept your apology until I see my child.

“Minnie… Baby…” Kyu mutters, trying to reach for his phone but Min pulls away and waiting for the next reply.

“Sungmin…” Donghae whispers, as the phone beeps once more.

The eldest rushes out to the coat rack and picks up the first four coats he can – only one of them actually belonging to the right person, that would be Minnie’s. Turning back around, he throws the jackets at his housemates.

“Kyuhyun,” he says in a low serious tone, “get the key’s. We are going to the hospital.”

 

A/N:: Hello~! How is life? Everything going well? How is the story so far? I feel like it's not going to well... It's so hard to get the cute awkwardness of Ryeowook and Jongwoon right... They are the cutest couple I have ever seen. So I feel that it's so hard to get that down right... 

*sigh* I shall try to update shortly, (fingers crossed before christmas cause I don't like making you wait so long) with a reasonably lengthed chpater and hopefully I shall feel better about it. Thank you for all your support and love. ^^ 

Love you guys~! <3