Nothing will happen to him.

Survive You Until A sunny Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- Chapter Thirteen - "Nothing will happen to him."

 

Jaejoong drifted out from his sleep slowly. He felt a bit drowsy and tried to adjust his eyes at the sunlight shone in this pink room. The man lifted up from his lying position and took sometimes to recognize where he was.

In his daughter's room in Yunho's penthouse.

He couldn't sleep in his new room assigned to him by the owner of this house. So wrapping in his comforter, he had settled himself on the soft pink rug next to Capucine's princess bed. Listening to his baby girl's breath the man had found his calm and his sleep.

Yesterday was a day filled with so much emotions as if he was riding in a roller-coaster. Seeing Yunho was as if someone had opened the floodgates of his heart, letting his hiding feelings flow out from his bruised heart. Trying to be strong while he was so weak had stained all his soul.

Jaejoong took a deep breath and didn't want to think at the day where he could not take the pain anymore. He would break down alone. He could hurt himself more than now. Worse he could also hurt his daughter.

His daughter. Kim Capucine Hanlyeon. Ha-chan's last present for him.

The man turned his eyes toward the princess bed and frowned. The bed was empty. His baby girl wasn't there. Jaejoong stood up from the floor abruptly, his heart beating like crazy. Rushing out of the room, he went to his room. No one. He went to Yunho's room. He saw no one. Then, he dashed downstairs. And there, he found his daughter quiet in the arms of Yunho. The other man was rocking her in his arms while walking around the living room.

"Baby?" Yunho's voice seemed a bit worried when he saw the panic mirroring on Jaejoong's face. "Hey? Are you okay?" The man walked to him with a frown painting on his forehead.

"I... I..." Jaejoong sighed and let himself fall down on the tilled floor. "I thought..."

"Hey! Nothing happened to her." Yunho said while he sat on the floor next to Jaejoong, putting Capucine on his laps. "I didn't find you in your room. So I got to hers. You were sleeping so peacefully I thought it was good to let you sleep. So I took her with me."

"Sorry..." Jaejoong ran his fingers through his hair. "It's just... I can't be apart from her... I need to have her always before my eyes..." He breathed out.

"I understand." The younger man ruffled Jaejoong's hair tenderly.

"No... You don't understand." The older man heaved a forlorn sight. "I... Yunho... I denied her... I denied my daughter when she was born..." Jaejoong said in tears. "Okaa-san... she was so angry with the way I behaved... the way I never look at her... She... she forced me to stand still in front of her incubator... She forced me to look at her..." He breathed in, shuddering a bit. "But I couldn't look at her..." He his lower lip and took his breath before continuing, "...it took me four days... four days to set my eyes on her... And it was so heartbroken to see her so small... so frail... connected to all those machines..."

Yunho held out his long fingers to Jaejoong's face and wiped his tears away with a small smile painting on his lips. He felt sorry for his friend to endure all of this alone. He wished he was there for him.

"I... I... every time I think of that day... I have this fear which never left me... What if I lost her too that day... I'm scared to lose her... I'm scared to lose Capucine... She's the only memory I have of Ha-chan..."

"You will never lose her. I promise."

Jaejoong smiled at Yunho's promise. "You know... some promises cannot be held... Life... death... you can't have control on them..."

"I know. But we can try to have every chance on our side. We have to make sure that she will have everything she needs. Medical care. Your love. My love. Even our stupid dongsaengs' love." Yunho added with a smile.

"Will she become a spoiled brat later?" Jaejoong laughed softly, wiping the remnant tears on his cheeks.

"Well, I won't bet anything because with them who knows."

"Hey!" The older man swatted Yunho playfully on his shoulder. "You're talking about my daughter here. She won't be a little brat like those stupid dongsaengs of yours."

"So we should make sure to barricade the front door from their next invasion." Yunho said playfully.

"We should." Jaejoong laughed.

"A-aah!" Baby Cap squealed.

"You're okay with us too?" Yunho said, looking at the little baby girl who was trying to talk by moving her lips. Some baby sounds came from and it seemed to make her laugh at herself. "That's my girl!" He tickled her small belly. And the little girl laughed fully.

"She seems at ease with you." Jaejoong stated with a smile on his face while holding her hand in his.

"Children love me. And more than that Chunface. Right? Baby Cap? You love me more than that big forehead samchon." And the baby girl smiled at Yunho. "See! She said it."

"She just smiled at you."

"It's the same."

And Jaejoong shook his head slightly amused by this man being so childish for someone near his thirty. "What time is it?"

"Hmm... one in the afternoon." Yunho answered while looking at his wristwatch.

"God..." Jaejoong stood up from the floor. "I have to make a bottle of milk for her. Why didn't you wake me up?"

"Baby, calm down. I gave her her milk when you were asleep. Twice."

"You..." He turned to look at Yunho with a frown.

"You told everything to us during the drive last night. How to make her milk. How to count her age like the westerners. You even said to see her like a baby of ten months old not the baby of thirteen months old she is. You even forbade us to give her hard foods like meat, vegetables and fruit because her stomach can't stand it. For meat and vegetables we can if it mixed in purée. Fruit it's a no for now." Yunho said quietly and stood up from his sitting position with Capucine enfolded in his arms. "Baby! I did what you said." He cupped Jaejoong's cheek and thumbed it softly. "Now tell me. When is her appointment with her new pediatrician?"

"Two and a half."

"Okay. Go take a bath."

"Did you give her a bath too?" Jaejoong asked with his forefinger pointed at his daughter and a pout on his face.

"I did."

"Okay..." He said in a low voice and nodded. "Yunho?"

"Yes baby?"

"Why are you still here? You should be at your shooting location. Changmin said that you have a role in a TV drama."

"Don't worry. They gave me a day off."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. I talked with my manager when you were still sleeping. Now, go take your bath." Yunho pushed Jaejoong to the stairs. The older man glanced at the younger man with a suspicious stare for a second and climbed the stairs to the first floor. The younger man looked at the baby girl and pressed his lips on her chubby cheek. "Are you scared to see a new pediatrician? No! I knew it. You're like me not like your papa. He became a scaredy kitten."

Capucine slapped him on his lips.

"Oh! You're trying to defend your papa. Good girl." Yunho smiled at her. "Do it every time someone wants to hurt him baby-ah. He needs us. He really needs us more than he wants to show it." The man tightened his hold on the baby girl who was playing with the collar of his t-shirt.

He walked to the kitchen and put her in the booster seat setting on the granite island. He put the safety belt around her carefully. He held out her pacifier and baby Cap snatched it in her small hand at her own pace. She looked up at Yunho with a smile on her beautiful face as if she wanted him to praise her.

"Good girl." He ruffled her soft air with a smile. And the baby girl clapped her hands clumsily while talking with her own words.

The man was admiring her baby beauty with a smile on his face. Capucine looked so much like the baby version of his Jaejoongie with her chubby cheeks, her big doe eyes and those full lips. But she had some traits she got from Hana. The color of her eyes. Her little sharp nose.

"You're going to be a beautiful little girl."

"Ga-ah!"

"Hmm... You're okay with that too. Are you humble with yourself?"

"Booh-ooh..." Baby Cap tried to put her pacifier in but she missed it. Clumsy like her father. "Gaaah!" She yelled angrily. And Yunho laughed softly at her outburst for missing her target.

"Whoa! You're going to be a demanding little girl." Yunho tipped her small straight nose, making her close her eyes a bit and smile at the man forgetting that she was angry with her pacifier. She tried to catch his hand with her baby's palms. "But you have the right to be so demanding. A beauty must have the best in this word, don't you? Like your father."

The baby girl looked at Yunho and giggled at him. Then she was trying to put her pacifier in Yunho's hand which was in her other hand. The baby girl has the same way to purse her baby's lips like her father. And Yunho could only fell in love with that baby girl. If Jaejoong was a woman and them being a couple, their baby would look like her.

"Don't try to gain her sympathy." Jaejoong said walking into the kitchen while drying his hair with a soft towel, clad in a mere black skinny jeans and a black and white striped sweater. "She's my daughter. And she will always love her papa. Right? My baby?" He tended his forefinger to her and the little girl took the finger in her small palm, Yunho's hand forgotten.

"Baaapa... bapaa..." She said while trying to stuff her pacifier in .

"Yes! I'm your bapa." Jaejoong wiggled his nose and did an Eskimo kiss with her. Capucine closed her eyes for a while and laughed at her father. She clapped her small palms on her papa's cheeks and talked with him in her baby talk as if she had a lot of things to say to him. "See! My daughter loves me more than anyone in this world." He added kissing her lips again and again making her squeal happily.

Yunho just smiled at these two daughter and father exposing their affection in front of his eyes. "She will always love you." The man pressed his lips on the top of Jaejoong's head. "You're fast."

"I just took a shower."

"You could take your time."

"I don't want to be late at the hospital."

"You're right. So let's eat." Yunho said walking to the fridge. "I just know how to crack an egg. So omelet okay?" He asked opening the glass door of the furniture.

"How did you survive without me?" Jaejoong laughed softly and walked to Yunho. He pushed the other man away playfully with his hip and rummaged in the fridge in search for some vegetables. A broccoli and carrot would do to accompanied the omelet. While Yunho just laughed at Jaejoong's manner to have his way to the fridge. "Oh! You have some kimchi. I didn't see it yesterday. Well, Changmin was the one standing in front of your super fridge. I just named what I wanted and he gave it to me."

"Home made." Yunho informed.

"Your mother?"

"This is from my mother." He pointed at the tupperware with the red lid. "The green one is from Yoochun's mother."

"Okay. Kimchi fried rice?"

"Everything from you is okay with me."

"Don't become another food monster like that Choikang Changmin." Jaejoong said with a smile. "Junsu and Yoochun seem to follow his path. They filled their stomachs with all my fried pasta yesterday. I didn't eat a bit of the dish."

"Don't worry."

Jaejoong put away the broccoli and carrot on the rack. He took some chicken and the kimchi in turn. The man took a cutting board and a knife from the set of utensils. Seconds after he was cutting the meat and some kimchi like a professional.

"Where's the rice?"

"In the rice cooker."

The older man glanced at Yunho who just smiled at him. "Could you move your a bit?"

"Yes! Chief!" Yunho did the salute and went to get the rice for Jaejoong.

The latter began to fry the meat and the kimchi in a pan. Then a few minutes later, he asked Yunho to put the rice among all the ingredients in the pan. The other man obliged and went to get some kimchi juice when Jaejoong was asking for some while stirring the content in the pan.

"You still don't like the spiciest one, right?"

"I can eat it. But I prefer the standard one." Yunho said with a smile, happy that Jaejoong still knew his taste.

"Okay. No hot pepper paste." Jaejoong nodded while still stirring the content in the pan.

"Thank you."

Jaejoong made Yunho taste the fried rice. "So?"

"More salt." Yunho said quietly.

The older man nodded and added a tablespoon of soy sauce. He stirred the content for a while and put some sesame oil. "Two plates please!"

"Here!" Yunho put the two plates on the counter next to the stove.

Jaejoong served them the kimchi fried rice, then he cracked two eggs and fried them into a sunny side-up eggs. He put each egg on each plate above the kimchi fried rice. And they ate their lunch on the granite island with baby Cap sitting on her booster seat still playing with her pacifier. She wasn't a child who loved to have it in often. But it was an object she was curious about.

Every time she had her pacifier in her small palms, she always looked at it in every angle with a frown on her little forehead and pursed her lips into an adorable pout. Sometimes, she baby-talked with it as if the object could understand her. She munched on it and yelled at it when she couldn't get milk from it. And it always made Jaejoong burst into laughter at her antic behavior.

"She's a clever baby." Yunho said, smiling at the baby girl who was talking at her pacifier while Jaejoong chuckled softly at his daughter. "God..." He added with a delighted face. "I didn't taste your fried pasta yesterday because of that er and his minions. But this is really good." The younger man fed himself another spoonful of fried rice.

"I didn't do anything. Everyone can cook it. It's a classic in the Korean cuisine." Jaejoong said while bringing the rim of his glass of water to his lips.

"But yours is really good."

"You're too biased." The older man rolled up his eyes at the cheesy talk of Yunho.

"You're right." The younger man winked.

Jaejoong shook his head slightly with a small smile on his lips. That man will never change. And it was Yunho's charm to please everyone. A trait of character which always made him feel insecure. Because he was never Yunho's priority. Why should it change now?

"Baby?" Yunho called Jaejoong when the latter became silent.

"Nothing. It's really nothing. You should eat. I don't want to be late at the hospital for baby Cap's appointment." Jaejoong said quietly.

Yunho pressed his lips into thin line. He didn't know why, but he could feel that Jaejoong was being a bit cold with him. What have he done wrong?

Minutes later, the two men were leaving the penthouse with Capucine warmly propped in the baby carrier in front of Jaejoong and Yunho following them with the baby'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter