A moment of peace.

Survive You Until A sunny Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- Chapter Twenty seven - "A moment of peace."

 

A few click. A snort and a laugh. Then a cuss word was booming from someone who seemed to be not far from the drowsy man on the couch.

Yoochun opened his eyes slowly and looked at the ceiling of his small flat, an unit he bought not long ago for his needs. The apartment was used mostly when he was working in a drama series, not wanting to disturb his mother and younger brother every time he had to go home late. Then, he turned his eyes to his left and saw the back of someone who seemed to be Shim Changmin before him.

"What are you doing here?" He asked suddenly in a raspy tone.

"Nothing."

"And how did you get here?" Yoochun frowned.

"Obviously by the front door." The maknae of Dong Bang Shin Ki snickered as he continued clicking onto the mouse attached to his laptop. He should say, Park Yoochun's laptop.

"Smartass!" The older man lifted himself into a proper position and rubbed his palms over his face, trying to ride away his sleepiness. Fortunately, the drama series he was casted on was going to find an end soon. He really needed a good rest. "I did recall never give you the code of my door. Nor the address of this flat. So? How?"

"Junsu hyung. And I just stood in front of your apartment building until I saw your brother. He was nice enough to give me your code. Not like someone I know." The young idol said as he was strolling on the net. "Oh! He was here to deliver your made-home dishes. And I did serve some for myself."

"Sure. Make yourself home." He let out with a grimace. Now his haven will be no more. Even Junsu didn't have the code of this flat. He didn't hide anything by selfishness. Yoochun just needed his own space as the other man needed to be around his twin brother more than with them.

"Already did." Changmin glanced back over his shoulder and said, "...You seem tired."

"I am not in vacation like you." The older man said with a smile.

"Right! Are you going to be okay? Yunho did work with a tight schedule for several weeks. But as I see, he isn't the only one."

"Don't worry." Yoochun nodded as he ruffled his maknae's hair softly, touched by his concern. "I am not like you. After the end of this drama, I will have long months without doing anything until another proposition comes to me. So, I will be okay."

"If you said so. But if you need it, there's a smoothie made of red beetroot, apple, carrot and lime for you. Jaejoong's gift."

"Oh! His healthy drink." The older man laughed softly. "Is it good?"

"Well, the color is pink. When I say pink it's really pink. Too girly for my but the taste is not bad. Sweet and sour. Refreshing."

"Okay." Yoochun chuckled then he added as he lifted a brow, "And what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be with your Yunjae's parents now?"

"They are at the hospital for her blood test result." Changmin stated quietly as he returned to look at the laptop.

And Yoochun nodded, understanding why Changmin didn't want to be with Yunho and Jaejoong right now. He could go to Junsu, but the latter was recording his new mini album. So, that's why Changmin was knocking at his door. Or should he said the young man had invited himself into his house without any notice.

Then the man slid himself from the couch to the carpeted floor next to his dongsaeng and took a look at what the other young man was doing with his laptop, not wanting to talk about this hospital appointment. He furrowed his eyes at the website displaying on the screen.

"Are you trying to fight with those netizens?"

"Nah! I'm not going to stoop so low. But, I kind of want to read what are their comments about our performance as three in the Music Core show since the music program was broadcasted just yesterday."

"So?"

"It's not bad. And not good either." Changmin said not really thrilled and sad at what he read until now. "Some are happy for Jaejoong hyung. And there's always people who find everything bad even if you did well. Of course, what we have to do is to gain the heart of those fans who are trying to give him some credit before judging him."

"Don't forget new fans."

"Yeah." The young man nodded.

"But, it's good in a way." Yoochun added.

"Better than all the comments after our ten years anniversary show." Changmin replied. "Oh! And I like this comment. I don't know what those stupid fans want from the man. But, hell, he knows how to sing, to dance and add to that, he is a good man if not the best this world can have. I would gladly believe in a man like him than someone who is just clean by appearance but doesn't know anything about life." He read out loud the comment.

"I think she's an ajuhmma."

"Or a fan our age who has mature beautifully with us." Changmin said with a nod. "Good to know that there are fans like that."

"Yeah! Oh! Look at this one." Yoochun showed another comment. "I saw pictures of him walking away from MBC building with Yunho and Changmin in a hurry with his daughter in his arms. I was wondering why. But the news of his daughter not feeling well while he was being on stage with the two others was spread around very fast with photos of them at the hospital. Hope she's okay. It must be hard to juggle with his work as one of the TVXQ! and being a father of a frail baby. I heard that she could have the same sickness as her mother. Fighting Kim Jaejoong... (squealing like crazy) I saw Kim Junsu and Park Yoochun with them!" He laughed softly and said as he pressed his palms against his cheeks with an adorable moue, "...me too squealing like crazy."

"A fan of us five." Changmin smiled as he shoved the other man away.

"We're doing good." Yoochun patted his dongsaeng's shoulder while still chuckling. "If there're still fans like her, we didn't do anything wrong."

"Sure! But read this!" The young man pointed at another comment below the one Yoochun had read.

"He should just give up and be a full parent for his daughter. She needs him more than Yunho and Changmin. And I would prefer to have TVXQ! with only two members not three. They were doing great without him. So, please for the sake of everyone, just stop being a singer." The older man read out loud.

"Stupid." Changmin shook his head lightly. "I'm being delusional." He added as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"Why?"

"Well, I thought that after his return... and after all he did for his loved one, people would be comprehensive. They would accept him with their arms stretched wide open and a welcoming smile on their faces. But..." The maknae heaved as forlorn sigh. "There're people who are still questioning his presence with Yunho and I. They discard all his efforts and suffering. Denying his presence is as if they're denying our existence." Changmin nodded. "Dong Bang Shin Ki isn't a group formed recently. We're not new rookies. We have our place in this music industry since years ago. Why can't they let us do as we please? Why are those people so adamant to have a control on us? On our lives? At this rate, I fear that we're going to be nothing the day we're in a relationship with a woman... And I'm not talking about those two..." He shook his head lightly.

"We can't help it. It's in the nature of the human being to question anything in a stupid way." Yoochun patted Changmin's back. "Let's not think about the bad comments only the good ones. Okay?"

"Yeah!"

"Want to eat something?"

"Yes."

"Order it! I am lazy to cook." The older man said as he yawned.

"We can heat some of your umma's dishes. I miss her cooking."

"Do as you please."

"Get me that crab stew." Changmin ordered around as he pushed the older man on his shoulder. Yoochun just grunted a bit but stood up and walked to the open-plan kitchen with a smile.

Really! That maknae of theirs never changed. He was a spoiled brat after all when it came to food. He felt sorry for the two oldest of the five of them for having that brat with them all the time.

 

~~~~~

 

The middle aged woman walked quietly as she smiled at the two men and the baby waiting for her to be back. Capucine's pediatrician returned to sit behind her desk and put the medical file she was holding on the surface of her desk.

"You don't have to worry." The physician said with a nod as she gave the medical file to the young father. Jaejoong read carefully all the lines on the paper. He was used to all those medical words. And at the first glance, he knew what was his daughter's situation. "It was a false alert. Her white cell blood is a bit higher from last month. But, it still below the requested count." She smiled as the two men let out a sigh of relief. "I am going to look at her now. Making sure that everything is alright."

Jaejoong nodded as he returned the medical file to the doctor. Then he started to undress his baby girl cautiously with the help of Yunho as Capucine was drowsing in her father's arms. Meanwhile a nurse was preparing the bed for the baby girl.

And once, baby Cap was only with her diaper and baby body, Jaejoong took her to the doctor. The middle aged woman weighed and measured the baby before putting her on the soft bed quietly while her assistant noted everything in a file. Then she began to examine the baby girl. Capucine didn't like the cold touch of the stethoscope on her skin and whined as she kicked and swayed her small arms and legs around her.

The doctor smiled as she continued to examine the baby girl with attention as she didn't want to miss anything. Her arms. Her legs. The motor function of them as she bent the chubby and small limbs slowly and carefully as she observed the baby's reaction. Baby Cap did cry but it wasn't by great pain but by annoyance. Then, she palpated in search for any kind of humps. After that, she pressed her stomach a bit, wanting to know if she was still having some trouble there. Everything seemed normal. She calmed the baby girl by soothing her tummy with soft caresses when she started to whimper. And when Capucine was feeling better, the middle aged doctor put her on her stomach.

"Can you try to get her attention?" The doctor asked.

Jaejoong stood in front of the bed and called his daughter while Yunho just watched the father and daughter with a smile painting on his lips. Of course the man was annoyed when baby Cap had started to cry. But he knew it was because she didn't like what her doctor was doing to her. He just hoped that this examination ended soon.

"Hey? Bébé? Regarde, c'est papa! (Hey? Baby? Look, it's daddy!)" Jaejoong waved his hands to his baby girl with a soft voice and smile painting on his lips.

And at his voice and gestures in front of her, Capucine just looked up at her father as she was trying to push onto her little arms, while her pediatrician brushed her hand on her spinal column. She put her back on her back and looked at the inside of her ears and mouth before ending her examination. However, her last acts were upsetting the baby girl to no end and Jaejoong and Yunho were there to calm her a bit as she was crying as if her world was going to an end.

Heartbreaking in the eyes of the two men.

At the end, the pediatrician took the baby's temperature and nodded at the father that he could take her in his arms. She returned at her desk, typing everything she did and found in Kim Capucine Hanlyeon's record with the help of the nurse.

"Everything is normal." Baby Cap's doctor said quietly when she saw them returning to their seats with the baby girl hiccupping a bit from her little grief. "Her temperature is returning at her corporal temperature. It's still a bit higher. But, she's going to be fine. She's just having a fever. You have to continue to give her the antibiotic for two to three days again." And the young father nodded at her recommendation. "Make her drink a lot. And did she start to crawl now?" The pediatrician asked as she turned to look at the two men.

"Not yet." Jaejoong said quietly as he rubbed his baby girl's back with soothe small circles.

"Is it a problem for a baby her age?" Yunho asked.

"If we look at her physical condition and medical care, no." The middle aged doctor said with a smile, knowing their worry. "She was born prematurely. And as a premature baby, she grows at her own pace which is normal. Her motor function is good. She can sit. She can lift her upper body up with the help of her arms. Everything seems normal. For now, let her advance quietly. Once at the time." The doctor smiled and returned to look at her computer. "Her nutrition is wider than before." She said as she looked at the baby's record.

"Yes. She eats snacks now. I start to give her fruit purée. She begins to want some rice now. But I still give her thin rice gruel. She tolerates it very well since the beginning."

"Any meat in morsel?"

"I didn't try yet. But she can eat meat when it mashed. Same for vegetables."

"But she seems to like onto cucumber a lot." Yunho added with a smile. "Fresh and cold." He laughed softly as he lovingly at Capucine's cheek.

"It's a start." The doctor laughed in turn. "You still give her milk powder, right?"

"Yes." Jaejoong nodded. "Trice a day."

"We can try this. You still give her baby milk powder but twice a day. Make her eat a full meal with rice cooking more soft than what we use to eat, meat in morsel like slow-cooked meat. Everything... beef, chicken even fish. Same for vegetables. You can also try to introduce her to some yogurt for baby. If her stomach can accept it, start to give it for her afternoon snack. Start with a spoonful or two. And you give her more the next time."

"And if she doesn't accept it? She will have a stomachache." Yunho said. "For that, will you give her some medication?"

"I will, Jung-ssi." The middle aged woman smiled as she was still typing on her keyboard. "You don't have to worry. Capucine is growing well. She's a bit small from the average in height and weight if we compare her with children being born in the same year and month as her. But, if we look at her real age, she's a bit under the average. But, this aspect is only objective. A standard we put for comparison. If we take people individually, each of us is not the same. We're all grown up but in our own way." The doctor turned the screen of her computer to the two men and showed them two diagrams, pointing the growing line of baby Cap. The baby girl wasn't doing bad. And it was what mattered the most. "For the time being, we just have to be wary of her white cell blood. And I know it will be a burden for her also for you for a long while. But we're going to do what we have to do to make sure that she will grow up well like all the children in this world."

"It will be nice." The young father said with a smile as he took his baby girl's palm in his hand.

"You don't have to worry. You did good until now. And after talking with her former pediatrician, we concluded that she has a good chance to grow up normally. As for leukemia, we have to supervise her. But, once she reaches ten years old and no sign of the disease, we have a good chance that she will be out of danger. For now, let's hope for the best."

"Thank you."

"You don't have to thank me Kim-ssi. You do the big part in looking after her." The doctor said as she printed the baby's prescription. Then she give the paper to Yunho who was looking at the medication like all the father do while the mother was occupied with their baby. When she first saw them together, she was always amused by how reliable this man was and how baby Cap's father relayed on this man with so much faith.

When Capucine was dressed up in her baby pink and floral printed cotton dress and black woolen pantyhose, the two men left the pediatrician's office after bowing to her with the little baby girl wrapped up in her warm duffle-coat in the arms of her father. And Yunho was holding her small and soft pink boots as the baby girl didn't want to wear them, shaking her head every time her father try to pull them on her small feet.

"Everything seems good." Yunho said as he hauled the baby bag on his shoulder.

"It seems so." The young father nodded as he settled his baby girl in his arms in a better position. The two men felt relieved that nothing serious happened to her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter