A moment in the Dong Bang family.

Survive You Until A sunny Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- Chapter Thirty One - A moment in the Dong Bang family.

 

Leaning against the driver's seat of his new expensive car, Yoochun just smiled as he was watching Changmin having his alone time sitting on the top of the hood of his car while facing the Korea strait which was a sea passage between South Korea and Japan, connecting the East China Sea, the Yellow sea and the Sea of Japan in the northwest Pacific Ocean. In another word, they were facing the Pacific ocean while being in Busan as they were waiting for their two hyungs to be there with baby Cap, while Junsu was buying some breakfast for all of them as the three other members of Dong Bang Shin Ki - something he would love to said out loud to everyone - had arrived not long ago after a long drive from Seoul to this seaside town.

He shook his head a bit, knowing what the other young man was doing at this moment.

Changmin would never show it but he was a sensitive boy after all when it came to his two hyungs, Jung Yunho and Kim Jaejoong. The boy had literally depended on them like a child depended on his parents since the five of them were put into a group. And with this month of vacation, some fans, more the fans of Homin like they loved to define themselves, did not appreciate it. Because with the new arrival of new groups in the music industry, if a successful group did not promote themselves for so long, there was the possibility that people were going to forget them. And it made those fans worry and angry at Kim Jaejoong.

Why?

Because they assumed it was for the young father that the two men had stepped back for a while from the stage scene and their fans. And if a month later, another group had taken the first place in the fans' heart it will be of course Kim Jaejoong's fault.

How ironic...

Not everything was Kim Jaejoong's fault.

Those fans were really stupid. Claiming being their fans but at the end they could turn their backs on them for the first group who came along. Their heart was not faithful at all. They cheated before hand and wanted to blame their act onto someone else. This was so laughable. After all, it was their decision to follow another group as Yoochun knew they weren't the one to put a knife under their throats obligating them to be their fans.

People were really something.

However, he liked those supporting comments coming from those fans who still loved the idea of having the five of them reunited one day. Something their hyungs were trying to make it come true. But it was still kept in the secret as they did not know if they were going to achieve their goal one day in the near future.

Everything was a gamble.

And right now, the man knew that his maknae was trying to torture himself with all those bashing comments towards his beloved hyung he took as his mother figure for more than six years until they got into their separate ways. Even when they were separated, the young adult Changmin was still sought the older man's affection.

Even if their good friend was doing nothing bad only trying to move on in his life after all that happened to him, people still found things to say and to criticize his every say and move. As always, none of them could do nothing but just bearing with the hope to keep their sanity facing what they called humanity.

An ugly humanity if he could say...

Yoochun heaved a sigh and climbed out from his car before closing the door carefully behind him. Then, he walked to stand next to the front of his car, turning his attention to the ocean as he leaned his hips against the hood of his expensive car.

"What did it say?" He asked quietly.

"Nothing much... always the same thing over and over again..." Changmin answered in the same tone. Then he heaved a sigh and turn off his hand phone, putting the device in the pocket of his warm blazer. "It's really disappointing." He let out, feeling tired of this stupid war between fans. He wanted to say out loud his thoughts about all of this but doing that would only add fuel to the fire. And he did not want to sound as if he had taking side. There was nothing he could do more than staying silent if he did not want to make things worse than they were. Fans were sensitive es more than a pregnant woman, as if they were having period 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for all 365 days a year. Very tired!

"Welcome to the real life." Yoochun let out as he patted the back of his young friend and brother.

"I would rather live in a world fills with unicorns and fairies." The maknae chuckled at his own thought. With a beautiful baby like Capucine, they had to live in a fairy tale more than the real world. And he very loved the idea to be a fool for his hyung's baby girl for the rest of his life. It was more sane and funny for his sanity.

"You're a child at heart." The older man laughed softly. "But I would love to live in this kind of world too."

"It hurts." Changmin heaved softly with a nod.

"I know."

What could Yoochun say more than admitting this kind of truth. The two men were silent for a while as they set their eyes on the sea in front of them.

"They are harsh..." The maknae of the group let out in a quiet tone. "They treat him like a pariah... as if he's going to put us down by his only presence in the group. But it's not like that. He gives us so much. He makes things better for us. We're not only two. We're three."

The other man said nothing as he left Changmin pour out his worry and thoughts, feeling sorry for being one of the causes of his burden for years. That boy, yes Yoochun still saw this young man as the same shy boy he met long ago between the four walls of SM Entertainment building, had the tendency to keep things inside him. And it was scary to see him explode after Jaejoong's disappearance. Changmin had cried so much and with so much pain filled in his every sob. It was better now. Because his maknae had learned to say his thoughts aloud.

"Could they let him breath for a while?" Changmin continued. "He asks nothing from them just listening to his voice and his music which is ours too... Yunho hyung and I, we don't feel like being ourselves when Dong Bang Shin Ki was only the two of us. We felt empty. But none of them understood us. Only saying that we were courageous to still stand for Dong Bang Shin Ki making us some sort of heroes. But we are not heroes. And when the thought of Jaejoong hyung being a member of our group again... Do you know how I felt about that?"

"Tell me." Yoochun said as he took place next to Changmin on the hood of his car.

"I was happy... really happy. Because the hyung I was depended on the most is now back in my life. Don't laugh!" The young idol snorted as he turned to face his older friend who was smiling at him. "I know I have some mother complex when it comes to Jae hyung. Heck! The man did steal my first kiss, you know?!" And Yoochun could not help but laugh softly at Changmin's comment. It was a bit chaotic. But, Changmin had sulked for a while after that. And Jaejoong had succeeded to stir the boy up from his mourning with his cooking. Well, the older man had cooked for the teenage boy for a month in order to have the same shy and a bit sarcastic Shim Changmin back. "I felt like all my prayers were granted." Changmin added as he hit Yoochun on his shoulder playfully.

"There are fans who still love us as a group of five." Yoochun informed with a smile.

"And I'm thankful of them to still believe in us five. It would be good to stand in the same stage scene one day. And you would be the one crying from the start to the end."

"Don't mock!" Yoochun grunted. But the man knew he would be the cry-baby of the group. "I would love that." He added with a smile. "And Changmin, don't dwell on those bad comments. Don't think too much. Just focus on those who make you happy. Sing and dance like you always do since you stepped on stage years ago. Smile just for those who believe in you." The older man squeezed Changmin's shoulder. "Right... you have to move on. But denying the past, our past together is like denying the you you are now."

"I didn't know you can be so philosophic." The maknae of the group laughed softly. And Yoochun just smiled as he could hear Jaejoong's kind of laugh in the man's tone.

"I'm a smart man you know! And as good I am, I gave you the best role in our group by playing dumb." Yoochun grinned while Changmin rolled up his eyes annoyingly. And then, the older man laughed softly at the growl of Changmin's stomach.

"Aish! I'm hungry and that international duck- of us takes his time to get us some breakfast. Why bother with a breakfast when it's going to be lunch time?" The young idol snorted amusedly as he glanced at his wristwatch.

Of the four hyungs he had, Changmin felt at ease with Yoochun the most as the man was a quiet person who took time to listen before saying his thoughts not like the others. Jaejoong never had a filter, only talking before thinking while Yunho was more like into his leader role when facing anything. As for Junsu, he was like the hyperactive child who did not know when to stop once he was excited by something.

"And our Yunjae couple is late."

"Don't complain! They have a baby to take care. And she always napped in the morning."

"You're becoming lenient Shim!"

"You have to be. Baby Cap is their priority after all. So ours too."

Yoochun smiled as he nodded. "That little baby girl is a lucky girl. She has the five of us wrapped around her little finger."

"I feel more being the lucky one." The maknae of the group replied with a smile. "If it wasn't for her, do you think we could be here, talking to each other openly like this? In this kind of place? With people around us? With us not caring a bit of what they're going to say about our situation?"

"You should add Hana noona too. She's the one who gave birth to our little angel."

"If we're at this, add the assistance of Jae hyung! If he was not there, our baby girl would never be born and be ours." Changmin replied with a smile, liking the fact that baby Cap was theirs not only the baby daughter of his Jaejoong hyung.

The two friends smiled with a nod. Honestly, they would never think of Kim Jaejoong being with anyone but only with Jung Yunho. However, fate had made their paths deviate from each other for a short time until they met again. And this time, people around them, mostly the three other members of Dong Bang Shin Ki and their family's members, were hoping for a better ending for the two of them in the future.

Then, they let out a soft sigh at the thought of Duchauvel Hana. At her thought they could only be sad as they knew she was no more in this life. Her only legacy was that beautiful baby girl who was going to grow up with only the love of her father and their loves. She had sacrificed so much, and she had given them so much. They knew they would never be able to say thank you to her for what she gave them.

The opportunity to be together without thinking about anything only the friendship and the affection they had for each other.

And to hell all those stupid opinions and constraints. It was not in their judgment to say anything about what they had to do and not to do. They were now adults and capable of judging what was good for them from now on.

"Sorry guys! I had to take a long detour to avoid some fans who have recognized me." Junsu suddenly said panting as he stepped next to them with two bags in his hands.

Even with sunglasses, mask and cap on their heads, people still recognized them everywhere they were. It was no use to keep disguising themselves nowadays, mostly with what happened to them since the disappearance of Kim Jaejoong more than three years ago. People were always curious about them. And it was very suspicious when people around them were bare face while they walked with mask, sunglasses and hat to hide their faces. However, they were used to this and had to manage the best they could to be safe from their own fans as they did not know if among them there were anti-fans.

"They aren't here yet?" He asked with a frown, looking at his surroundings while Changmin took the two bags from his hands.

"No!" Yoochun answered quietly with a smile as he could see a few people gathering around them, but still standing in a good distance from the three men for now. However, how long it was going to last before they decided to approach them?

"I bought some chocolate milk for baby Cap. I hope she's going to like it. However, I asked the employee not to add milk but soy bean milk as I don't know if she's good with dairy product yet. And since it's almost lunch, I buy sandwiches no pastries."

"Good! One point for you. And according to Jaejoong hyung she's in love with ice cream. And if it is sweet enough, she's going to love it." Changmin said as he was looking through the bags for his morning coffee. "You did not forget that Jae hyung doesn't like dark coffee anymore, right?!"

"I order a sweet coffee latte for him."

"Good." Changmin compiled as he was looking at the bag he was holding with a frown. "Let's go have lunch when they arrive." He added quietly while the two other men chuckled softly at how hungry their maknae was.

"Here!" Yoochun laughed softly as he gave a sandwich to Changmin after rummaging into another bag filled with sandwiches. "You always think of eating." He added with a smile.

"I'm hungry right now!"

"It's been a while that we did something like this." Junsu said with a chuckle as he sat on the hood of Yoochun's front car in turn, with Changmin sitting in the middle of them. The three men were now bared face with no masks and sunglasses. And people were going to recognize them easily from now on.

"Hanging around like this?" Changmin said as he was thinking a bit. "As I remember... there's no time for us to go around in the country without any cameras following us back then. We could not even say it was in our leisure time. It was work. Always work." He nodded with a heartily smile at all the memories he had with all his hyungs. "But, it's great that we can do that now with no cameras. It changes from before."

"I'm not like you. I was the one who drove from Seoul to Busan since four in the morning." Yoochun snorted as he was knitting his brows at the sandwich he was holding, not knowing by where he was going to start. Peeling the sandwich from its greaseproof paper? Or putting the bag somewhere to be able to have his other hand free?

"You were the one who didn't want us to drive your new car." Junsu scoffed.

"Of course. I got it a week ago. I didn't even drive it until now."

"Talking about car... It feel weird to see Jaejoong hyung not wanting one." Changmin added quietly with a smile.

The young man remembered two months ago when Yunho had suggested to buy a car for the older man. However, Jaejoong just said no and thought of using the other car of their leader if he needed to use one. And at the end, Jung Yunho had decided to buy a family car in addition of the two cars the man had in his possession. He eventually thought of buying a car for Jaejoong without the man's permission. A late present for the older man's birthday. A birthday they did not even have time to celebrate with their chaotic lives.

"Yeah... He used to fencing those expensive cars before. And now, even his appearance is not the same. He doesn't want to buy any trendy clothes or shoes. He doesn't even go to the hairdresser to do his hair. He likes simple things more than making his image the best as an idol shall be." Junsu said with a nod before biting onto his eggs sandwich eagerly. The man was famished. And he did not only buy one but a lot of different sandwiches for all of them. But going to have lunch was also something he wanted to do right now. "Aaahh..." He let out a soft sigh as he was being happy to give something to his growling stomach.

"Said the man who has more than five expensive cars and loves to dye his hair every week." Changmin chuckled before biting onto his bagel filled with smoked salmons and fresh cream, salad and all.

"You should open a car shop with the nine cars you have." Yoochun added with a smile, loving his beef sandwich. "How many Roll Royce you own?"

"I like your Austin Martin by the way." Changmin added as he stuffed his sandwich into his mouth.

"I can give it to you. I want to buy another one!" Junsu said quietly as he took a sip of his coffee.

"You're really something." Yoochun and Changmin said in unison with a shake of their heads and a smile painting on their lips.

"Oh! They're here." Junsu let out as he was smiling at the two men walking by the beach towards them with a baby girl in the arms of her father. Baby Cap was waving to them, doing the same thing as the two men with her.

"Aah! They're here!" Changmin replied as he put on the other side his half eaten sandwich, his second, and his big cup of coffee. Then, he jumped off of the car hood and jogged towards the little family.

Junsu didn't waste his time as the man ran after Changmin while Yoochun just shook his head a bit at the excited men to see their baby princess. The man climbed out of his car with a bag of drinks in his hand and joined everyone on the beach with a greasy smile painting on his lips. He was happy to see the three of them with this peaceful atmosphere between them.

"Oww! How is my baby?" Junsu cooed as he was trying to get Capucine from Changmin's arms as the maknae had taken the baby girl from her father's arms once he was stepping in the circle of the little family.

"...am-chun..." The baby girl said with a smile as she pointed her finger towards the man.

And Junsu shrieked at baby Cap calling him samchon in her baby way. "Nae! I'm your samchon! Oooh!!! My baby is growing so well." The man added while cooing at the baby girl.

"Yah! Stop that! She's not your baby but mine!" Changmin growled as he turned around Yunho and Jaejoong, trying to keep the baby girl away from his hyung's arms while Junsu was following them behind with Capucine giggling softly at being jolted from right to left. "And she doesn't call you samchon. You heard wrong! I heard her calling Yoochun hyung." He snorted.

"I heard it too. Am-chun!" Yoochun mimicked her with a smile.

"Aish! She said samchon! Samchon!" Junsu denied. "And don't be jealous! And give her to me!" He added as he tried to get baby Cap from Changmin's arms. But the latter always stepped away from him. And now, he was following his maknae around their two hyungs. "You have your time. Now, it's my turn!" The man complained as he was trying to kick Changmin.

"Aaah! Children!" Yoochun said with a shake of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter