The best moment of their lives.

Survive You Until A sunny Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- Chapter Twenty nine - "The best moment of their lives."

 

Crouching down on the earthy soil in front of a plant of chili peppers, Yunho was thinking hard if he should pick the one on the left or the one at the bottom. Should it be better to let them rip from green to dark brown red?

The man really didn't know.

And why was he in this field of chili peppers in the first place?

Yeah... after the unpleasant episode in the Nami island, Yunho had decided that Jaejoong and him with baby Cap were going to only rest with the old folks of their countryside not in a hotel where they could encounter their fans in their trip around South Korea.

The reason behind that decision?

The picture their international fans had taken of them at the Gangchon rail-bike park had alerted all their fans in the country. And the next day, the two men and the baby girl couldn't even step a foot on the ferry which was going to get them to the Nami island for sightseeing. Many of their fans were waiting for them as those young girls and less young girls had thought that being in Chuncheon, the three of them could only stop in the next must-go attraction of the town.

So, that's why, Jaejoong, Capucine and him were now travelling quietly by small roads and rural towns, avoiding big cities with their hysterical fans who were aware of their little trip around Korea during their long month of vacation.

"What are you waiting for?" Jaejoong asked as the man was now standing next to his friend with his baby girl propped against his right hip. Capucine was all cute with her printed pink floral trousers, white long sleeves t-shirt, black rubber boots and sun hat covered all her head leaving only her chubby pale face being seen.

"I don't know." Yunho frowned then looked up at his ex-lover. "The green one or the slightly red one?" He asked quietly. "There's even some yellow ones."

"It depends on what you want to do with them. But green or red everything is good. So don't think too much like you want to make love to them. Just pick them."

"Aaaah!" Yunho let out annoyingly. "You don't have the same trouble like me. Green or red you can eat all of them. But me..." The man said with an offended tone. "I am going to cry hell because of the spiciness of those chili peppers."

Jaejoong laughed as he patted Yunho's head softly. "Pick the green ones then. But this kind of chili peppers are good when they turn dark red."

"You’re the expert on spiciness!" Yunho nodded with a smile.

"Let hurry before it's time for dinner. We have to go pick a few things before returning to our hosts."

"Yeah. You want to cook something for them for their hospitality." The younger man said quietly as he picked a few green chili peppers. But, he was in the mood to get some yellow peppers. So, he filled the quart of his basket with what he could find.

"Yes. It's what you do by politesse."

"Talking about red and green... Do you know when we can go pick some strawberries?"

"We're in the middle of April. As I know, you harvest them from May to August. But, now, with technology, there's no season anymore as people grow them all the year around."

"Good!" Yunho nodded then he stood up quietly. "When we get to a strawberry fields, they will be good enough. So? What else?" He asked as he turned to the young father and the baby girl who was gurgling with her forefinger stuffed in . And Yunho could not help but twisted his nose making fun at the baby girl who leaned towards him with a grunt.

Jaejoong laughed softly at those two having time to play around with each other. Then, he added, "Spinaches. Potatoes and radishes."

"Carrots too?" Yunho demanded as he looked up at his friend and ex-lover.

"Yes, please!"

"Good that you say please!" Yunho grinned as he bumped his forehead against Jaejoong's making the latter grunt at the slight pain and Capucine slapping his cheek for being mean to her father. This couple of father and daughter were so adorable in his eyes. "Fortunately for us, we live in the big city of Seoul not in the countryside. I can imagine you staying at home with our children while I am the only one busying myself in the fields."

"Are you saying that I am a lazy ?" The young father punched the other man playfully on his shoulder. And baby Cap did the same.

"Yes!" Yunho chuckled at how the baby girl was fond of her father. Who would not? Even him, he was head over heels towards that man.

"Well, it's not my fault if I have a lenient partner who is ready to do whatever I want." Jaejoong grinned.

"I am like that?" Yunho asked as he walked toward the spinaches' field with Jaejoong and baby Cap following him behind.

"You are."

"That's why people love me a lot."

"Yes. And that's why women see you as a boyfriend material." The young father said quietly. "I still remember those young female idols looking at you with the hope that you would notice them one day every time we walked through those corridors. Even some of the girls in the Girls Generation had a crush on you. You were always seen with Tiffany. In our trainees days there were a lot of pictures of the two of you taken by everyone and the agency."

"I don't know." Yunho said as he was now crouching down next to a plant of spinach. "I took a lot of pictures with everyone. As one of the most ancient trainees in SM Entertainment, I saw a lot of trainees going and coming from the agency with success or not."

"Sure, you did." Jaejoong nodded with a smile painting on his lips as he was looking at Yunho who was now tilting his head on his left as he was thinking of how to pick those spinaches before his eyes. "Dig a bit around the roots and tug them real good as to have the roots coming with them."

"Okay!" The leader of Dong Bang Shin Ki nodded ready to do what his friend had said. But he stopped in his tracks and looked up at Jaejoong. "But doing that it means that there's no spinaches to grow again."

"Don't worry. To have other spinaches, you have to let a few plants bloom. The flowers will mature until it let out some seeds. And you sow the seeds until they sprout. Then, you proceed to plant the sprouts in the field. Look!" Jaejoong pointed his finger toward a row of spinaches plants who seemed to be more mature than the ones they were facing. "Soon, flowers will bloom and farmers will proceed to collect their seeds."

"Oh! You know a lot." Yunho nodded with a smile.

"Well, you have to know how all vegetables grow when you are a chef. It was a part of the materials in culinary course."

Yunho hummed and nodded, then he looked at the spinach's plant before his eyes. "I dig a bit around the roots and tug them good, right?"

"Yes."

"Good that I fell in love with you. I will never starve until the end of my life."

"And don't forget Changmin who will tag along."

"Can we not talk about him?" Yunho smiled as he was trying to tug the spinach's plant.

"Too bad!" Jaejoong said as he fished out his phone which was ringing with his left hand and showed Yunho the name of the caller ID. "Hello?" The older man frowned for a while then nodded even if his interlocutor could not see him. The young father put the speaker on and soon the voices of their dongsaengs were resounding from the device.

"God! Yunho hyung! You're good with those bright floral trousers!" Changmin let out as he was laughing.

"Are you trying to invent a new style?" Yoochun added with Junsu's laugh echoing from behind the man's voice.

"...Hyung..." Junsu was trying to talk but he was laughing hard. "...those pants are too... too tight..."

"You didn't rip them yet?!" Changmin added and they could hear the three men burst into laughter.

Jaejoong chuckled as he was looking at Yunho who was now glaring at him. The only culprit of this hilarious moment for the three other men could only be this beautiful man who was now grinning at him. While he was working hard in the field, Jaejoong had taken pictures of him before sending them to their dongsaengs.

"Stop mocking me. Your Jaejoong hyung isn't different than me." Yunho growled, then he fished out his phone and snapped a picture of the father and baby girl before sending it to one of their three dongsaengs.

Now who was a joke?

But unfortunately for the man, he heard Junsu squealed and Yoochun and Changmin's voices beamed through the speaker asking what the other man was squealing for.

"Show me!" Changmin ordered more than asking.

"Get your hands away." Junsu said as it seemed that the man was trying to get away from their maknae.

"Oh! God!" Yoochun spoke in with a joyful voice as it seemed that the man had succeeded to snap away Junsu's device from the latter. "Baby Cap? Marry me!"

"Send it to me!" Their maknae exclaimed. "Palli!"

"...Done..." Yoochun said after a while as the two older men could hear some rustled sounds echoing through the speaker. Yunho and Jaejoong had guessed that the man has fought hard against the owner of the hand phone to be able to send the picture to his own hand phone and Changmin's device.

"Aaah!" Changmin squealed this time. Surely after opening the photo he received from Yoochun, or should they said from Junsu's cell phone. "Jae hyung! You look really good with that farmer trousers. Pink was always a color for you." And then they could hear their maknae laugh softly. "She's too cute with that hat. Oh my God! That pout! Guys! Look at that pout!"

"I tell you! This little girl is a jail bait!" Yoochun added seeming happy. "My heart is failing me!" He cooed.

"My baby girl!" Junsu replied with his famous laughter. "Hey? Guys? Let dress her with princess hanboks at her return."

"Deal!" Yoochun and Changmin yelled with enthusiast.

And Yunho could only be annoyed by their carefree attitude. "Get lost!" The man growled and ended the call quickly with Jaejoong bursting into laughter and Capucine growling like him. "I'm going to kill them once we get back."

"Stop stressing around for nothing." Jaejoong put his device in the pocket of his trousers. "You are the king of ripping pants. How many pants did you rip since we started being Dong Bang Shin Ki?"

"Too many!" Yunho returned to his spinaches with a grunt. "They never found pants stretched enough for me to wear."

"You dancing with large sweatpants is not a bad idea next time." The young father crouched down next to his ex-lover. "Your fans will find you attractive enough to cry your name heartily." Jaejoong added as he put his baby girl on the ground between them, then he helped Yunho to pick a few plants of spinaches. "Yunhoooo! Yunhoooo ooooppppaaa!" He mimicked his friend's fans.

"They like you too you know." The leader of their group flipped his lead singer's forehead playfully.

"Not like before." The lead singer jutted his lips a bit, making Yunho pinch them with an amused smile on his lips.

"Don't be silly!" Yunho shook his head. "Don't we have enough proofs that those girls like you enough to try to find you in our little trip around our country?"

"What if they are trying to find you not me?"

"Well, they would not want to pose with you. But they did. And how could they are so blind? I would give anything just to be with you." The younger man said as he pressed a kiss on his friend's cheek. "Is it enough?" He, then, asked as he turned to look at their basket. And, Yunho could not help chuckling at baby Cap throwing away what they had picked up from the basket.

Jaejoong laughed in turn as he watched amusedly at his daughter. "Oh!Oh!" He let out when the baby girl grabbed a chili pepper in her small hand with her most beautiful smile painting on her lips. "I have a bad feeling..."

And the man was right. Capucine stuffed the chili in and with the few teeth she had, she tore the plant with a satisfied smile with Yunho shrieking at her act. Of course, soon, the two men heard a horrendous cry coming from the baby girl.

"God! What to do?" Yunho panicked as he stuffed his fingers into , trying to get rid of the piece of chili as quick as possible. But, it didn't stop Capucine to wail painfully with all her small body trembling causing by the spiciness of the chili pepper still lingering in .

"Let find some sweet for her." Jaejoong said with quietness as he followed Yunho. The latter didn't lose his time as he left the field in the search of whatever he could give her to subdue the scorching feeling on with the baby girl in his arms.

"We aren't going to give her sugar for all that."

"No! But ice cream." Jaejoong added as he jogged trying to cope with the long strides of the younger man. "Yes ice cream can be good. It's cold and sweet. The best is yogurt. But she can't tolerate more than two spoons."

"Where to find some ice cream? I bet our hosts don't have any." Yunho said while looking around the area they were.

"The convenient store."

"Okay! Let try that." Yunho replied as he started to run with a still crying baby Cap in his arms and the young father running behind him.

The two men were running through the small rural village located near the city of Icheon in the Gyeonggi Province with a sobbing baby who wailed and coughed painfully as she could still feel the scorching feel in and lips. In their haste, they attracted the attention of the few inhabitants of the village coming to meet their path.

"I'm going to cry." The strong leader of Dong Bang Shin Ki said with a painful grimace as they were still running toward the only convenient store of the village which was still far from where they were. "We should have reacted faster. God! She has red and swollen lips now. And her eyes... My poor baby..."

"You're too dramatic."

"Hey! Coming from the man who can't sleep without his baby girl, I find it a bit funny."

"What do you want to do?" The young father asked while rolling his eyes. "It's done and we can't redo it. Sure we could be faster. But, yeah, my daughter is a bratty replica of her mother." He huffed.

Yunho chuckled amusedly at how babbling Jaejoong could be. The man seemed cool but he was worried about how painful his daughter was at this moment. And when they stomped into the convenient store, Jaejoong was the one to run toward the freezer compartment and grabbed whatever ice cream he could find for his daughter.

"What happened?" The older lady at the cash register asked as she was looking at the crying baby who wanted to be in the arms of her father this time. "Did she hurt herself?"

"Chili pepper." Yunho answered as he gave Capucine to Jaejoong.

"Oh my!" The owner of the convenient store laughed softly. "She ate it?!"

"Biting on it." Jaejoong replied as he cooed his baby girl softly in his arms.

"Sorry." Yunho said as he was opened a packet of melon popsicle without paying it beforehand.

"Go on." She said with a smile. "She needs it at this moment. Poor baby."

"Here." The younger man held the popsicle before her. But Capucine turned her head away from the sweet, cautious of her bad experience with the chili pepper. "She doesn't want it." Yunho heaved a sigh, not knowing what to do now.

Jaejoong acted quickly and took the popsicle in his hand. Then, he pressed it against his baby's swollen lips, hoping that the cold feeling was helping her a bit with her swollen lips.

"It's cold right baby?" The man asked with a smile. "Look! Papa is going to eat it." And he bit onto the ice cream to show her that it was safe. "Hmm… Want some?" Capucine was still skeptical but she wasn't crying anymore. "Let give it a try appa!" Jaejoong tended the popsicle to Yunho. And without ado, the later bit onto the ice cream, humming with delight showing that it was safe for her to eat the cold and sweet popsicle.

"Baby-ah?! Your turn." Yunho said softly with a smile.

And this time, Capucine opened for her father to feed her. At the cold sensation in , baby Cap nodded a bit. Then, the remnant of the popsicle around her lips, she smiled and was happy when her father fed her once again.

"The sweetness of the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter