Eight

Embracing You

Jinyoung wanted to stay in bed forever…he didn’t want to get up and go to work. He seriously thought about quitting and finds another place to work…or even move to another province for all that matter.

            “Hyung…you’re not going to work?” Youngjae stood at the door.

            “Nope…”

            “Are you sick?” he walked in at sat on the bed next to Jinyoung.

            “No…just taking the day off…are you going to school?”

            “What else could I be doing other than go to school? You would’ve whip my if I didn’t…”

            “You got that right…”

            “I’ll see you later hyung…”

            “Careful Youngjae ah…”

            “Nae…”

When Youngjae left, Jinyoung got up and went to the balcony. This must be some weird twisted fate that god must’ve set on him.

Mark smiled looking at the computer screen in front of him. Jinyoung’s profile was opened and he was glad that he worked at the same place as him. Now Jinyoung has nowhere to go and Mark has no plan of letting him go either.

            “Jieun ah, come in for a sec…” Mark said pushing the intercom button.

A few seconds later, a tall woman walked in.

            “Yes Mr. Tuan…what could I do for you today?”

            “Please draft me a formal letter…”

            “Certainly sir…may I know what is it for?”

            “Yes…I have someone that I want to be my personal assistant…” he noticed that there’s a worried look on Jieun’s face. “Don’t worry, you’re not fired…it’s just that I need an extra arm to help me around…”

            “Good to hear that sir…”

*No you’re not going anywhere ever again…* Mark smiled.

Namjoon was browsing through the pages in his computer when a knock came to his door.

            “Come in…”

            “Mr. Seo…” a man bowed.

            “So, did you found the thing I’ve told you to search?” Namjoon asked.

            “I’ve checked the company’s list of employees and there’s no one goes by the name Junior.”

            “Are you sure?”

            “Yes sir. I’ve check twice but nothing came up…are you sure that’s what his name was?”

            “Yeah…know what, let me have the file and I’ll check it myself…”

            “Yes sir…”

*I’m gonna find you Junior...*

****************************************

Jinyoung decided that he have to quit working at the company. He hated to leave but he didn’t want to risk anything that could expose his past life to people.

            “Hey, Mr. Ki wants to see you…” Jia said as soon as he arrived at the office.

            “Mr. Ki? Okay…”

He knocked on the door and a voice telling him to come in. Jinyoung took a deep breath and exhaled.

*Here goes nothing…*

            “Have a seat Jinyoung ah…” Mr. Ki said with a smile on his face.

            “Mr. Ki…I…”

Before Jinyoung could finish, his boss slide an envelope in front of him.

            “Here…have a look…”

He took the envelope, opened it and took out a letter. After reading it, he looked at his boss.

            “Department change?”

            “Yes…apparently, someone upstairs is impressed with your work and wanted to be their personal assistant.”

            “But…I’m here to hand over my resignation letter…”

            “Resignation letter? Sorry but I was told to withhold any resign letter from you until further notice…”

            “But sir…”

            “No buts Jinyoung ah…you’re new job starts right away…clean out your table because they’re waiting for you…”

            “Yes sir.”

Feeling dejected, Jinyoung walked out from the room back towards his cubicle.

            “What happened?” Jia asked.

            “Looks like I won’t be next to you from now on…” Jinyoung took a big box from under his desk and start shoving his stuff inside.

            “What do you mean? Are you quitting?”

            “They changed my job…I’m gonna be a personal assistant…”

            “What? Personal assistant? For real?”

Jinyoung gave Jia the letter he received. She scanned through it and her eyes widened.

            “You know where you’re going right?”

            “I guess…”

            “Maybe this isn’t so bad…I could visit you during lunch…”

            “Just don’t forget me Jia…”

            “Hey, it’s not like we’re going to be a different company…just different floor…” she hugged him.

 Jinyoung stepped out of the elevator with heavy heart. He really wanted to leave but looks like his plan is haywire.

            “You must be Park Jinyoung…” a woman greeted him. They shook hands and exchange smiles. “I’m Jieun…Mr. Tuan’s secretary…”

            “Mr. Tuan?”

            “Yeah…you didn’t know that you’ll be working for him?”

            “Well…it doesn’t state so in the letter I got…”

            “I must’ve forgotten to mention it then…my bad…come…I believe our boss is waiting for you…”

Mark couldn’t hide his excitement when he heard that Jinyoung was coming to his floor.

*We’re gonna meet again Jinyoung ah…* all sorts of things played in his mind.

Cold sweats run down Jinyoung’s temple when he finally stood in front of his new boss’ door. He knocked and deep voice answered. He carefully turned the door knob and entered.

            “Good…good morning sir…” he nervously greeted.

Mark slowly turned his huge leather chair around at Jinyoung’s voice.

            “Good morning…” he said.

Mark wished that he could snap a picture of Jinyoung’s face right then. A mixture of disbelief, shocked blended into indescribable expression.

            “Mark…” Jinyoung’s jaw dropped.

            “I believe that’s Mr. Tuan to you…” Mark crossed his arm. “Have a seat…”

Jinyoung sat down and he could feel Mark’s stares burning his skin.

            “It’s good to see you again Jinyoung ssi…” Mark said.

            “Nae…nae…”

            “Look at me when I’m talking to you… “

Mark’s stern voice startled him. Jinyoung looked up and their eyes met.

            “You’re here to work for me and I expect that you will follow the rules…as my assistant I want you to be with me whenever I go…do you understand that?”

            “But I see that you already have an assistant…Jieun ssi…” Jinyoung finally talked.

            “Are you questioning my order?”

            “No…I was just stating the obvious…why would you need two assistant?”

            “Jieun have to be here at the office and you will come with me every time I go out…now, I suggest you get comfortable at your new workplace and stop questioning my decision…”

            “Yes sir…”

Jinyoung got up, bowed and head to the door.

            “Where do you think you’re going?”

            “You said to go to my workplace…”

            “Your workplace is right there…”

Mark pointed towards a desk at far corner of his huge office…complete with computer and everything needed.

            “You can’t be serious?”

            “I’ve told you not to question my decision didn’t I?”

            “Yes sir…”

This has gone from bad to worst. Jinyoung silently prayed that he would vanish from the earth immediately.

Mark had resist from launching himself towards Jinyoung and kiss him silly to his heart content but something tells him that it would make Jinyoung ran away again and he couldn’t bear it to happen again.

 

Another update...(I wrote the whole chapter in 3 hours...surrounded by people in fast food restaurant...idea pouring like rain...)

So I said previously that this would be a short story not more than 8 chapters but I guess I was wrong...it's gonna get longer...how long you might ask, I honestly don't know...

Anyway, happy reading and do leave your comment...

ANNYEONG!!!