Twenty-Two

Embracing You

Mark woke up to an empty space next to him. He bolted right up and saw Jinyoung wasn’t inside the room. He grabbed the sheets and wrapped it around his body. His worries soon faded out when he heard soft humming came from the kitchen.

He approached and saw Jinyoung in front of the fridge looking for something.

            “I thought last night was a dream…” Mark wrapped his arm around Jinyoung’s waist. The memory of his encounter with Jinyoung back in Seoul flooded his head.

            “Well…trust me it’s not a dream…” Jinyoung turned around and chuckled. “Where did you come from? Toga party?”

            “Kinda…” Mark smiled.

            “y…”

            “What are you doing waking up so early?”

            “I’m just thirsty…um…do you have to go home early today?”

Mark glanced at the wall clock.

            “Um…not really…why?”

            “I thought maybe we could go out and have breakfast together. I know this great place…they have the best waffles…”

            “Sounds good…but I don’t have anything to wear other than the clothes I had on last night…”

            “I’ll find something for you…”

            “Care to join me in the showers?” Mark extended his hands.

            “I thought you wouldn’t ask…” Jinyoung happily took it and made their way to the bathroom.

At the café…

            “You’re right…they do have the best waffles…” Mark said as he took the last bite of his blueberry waffles.

            “I know right? My brother discovered this place with his friends and now I’m one of their regulars…”

            “So, what do you for weekend?”

            “It depends…sometimes I would go to the library and catch on a good books or just lazing around at home with brother…if he didn’t have any plan with his friends…”

            “I saw Choi Youngjae’s name on the framed certificates hung on the wall…did you two have different fathers?” Mark asked. He wanted to know more about the man in front of him.

            “Different parents…we grew up at the same orphanage…”

            “Sorry…” Mark apologised.

            “No…it’s ok…he was 10 and I was 17 when he arrived at the orphanage…other kids bullied him because he was so small and shy…it reminded me when I first came...so I took him under my wing…become my younger brother.”

Mark reached for Jinyoung’s hand and gave it a light squeeze.

            “It takes someone with a big heart to do what you did…” he said and looked in Jinyoung’s eyes. He knew he made the right choice staying with Jinyoung.

            “What about you? I never actually know about your family…and I supposed to be your boyfriend.”

            “Well…I’m the only son…my mom passed away when I was 15…you know what happened to my dad right?”

Jinyoung nodded.

            “Namyong samchun was the only siblings that dad has and his most trusted person on earth…I’m supposed to be music major…but you already know that…” Mark smiled.

            “But when he passed away…I had to take over since I’m his only heir…I used to hate it but now I’m glad that I did…”

            “Why?” Jinyoung asked.

            “I get to meet you again…” Mark laced their fingers together. “And I'm grateful for that…”

******************************

Jinyoung looked at the address on the small paper inside his hands and then to the large white mansion in front of him.

*This has to be the right place…*

He made his way inside through the tall iron gate. He saw rows of luxury cars parked along the driveway and people coming in.

            “Jinyoung ah…”

Mark came running towards him.

            “You’re here…” Mark hugged him and after making sure no one was around, he kissed him.

            “Sorry…I’m late…”

            “It’s okay…I wanted to bring you here but there was so much to do…”

            “What’s with the party anyway?”

            “My uncle decided to have a party to celebrate our hotel opening in Jeju…let’s go…”

There are heaps of people inside. The humongous living room looked like a hotel grand ballroom. Beautiful chandeliers hung from the ceiling and Jinyoung can’t help but awed in amazement. Most of the executives and board members were at the party and Jinyoung felt out of place.

            “Don’t worry…if things got boring, we can just go and chill in my room…” Mark said as he saw how nervous and uncomfortable Jinyoung was.

            “But you’re the CEO…one of the most important people here…”

            “I am…but you’re far more important to me…”

They were talking when Namyong came.

            “There you are…Yi-En…would you come with me for a second? There’s people I want you to meet…”

            “But samchun…”

            “It won’t take long…c’mon…” Namyong pulled Mark away.

            “I’ll be right back…” Mark said with sorry expression.

Jinyoung just smiled. He was alone having a drink at a corner when he noticed someone standing next to him.

            “Hey y…”

It was Namjoon.

            “What are you doing here?” Jinyoung was surprised. Namjoon was the last person he wanted to see at the party.

            “I got invited…I didn’t know that you gonna be here…”

            “Neither was I…” Jinyoung put down his glass and walked away.

Mark was anxious when he saw Namjoon near Jinyoung. He wanted to go over and took Jinyoung away but he can’t.

            “Well…this is Huang Zitao…his family is our main partner in Macau…he’s the manager of their branch in Busan.” Namyong said as he introduced Mark to a man that Mark never seen before.

            “Hi…call me Tao…”

             “Mark…”

The two men shook hands.

            “I’ll leave you two to talk ok?” Namyong patted Mark’s shoulder and left.

            “Samchun…” Mark called but the older man just ignored him.

            “So, I bet there are tonnes of work to do as CEO huh?” Tao said. He was eyeing Mark from head to toe. The man was gorgeous.

            “It came with the title…” Mark looked again at the spot Jinyoung was but he was gone.

            “Your uncle said that you used to do martial arts…still doing it now?”

            “Not really…I haven’t got any time to practise…I bet I’m all rusty right now…”

            “I did some wushu back in college…”

            “You did? Cool…I’ve always wanted to learn wushu…”

            “Really? I could show you…maybe we could hang out sometimes if you want to…”

Jinyoung came back from the garden and saw Mark was talking to a man. He was laughing and the guy would have his hand on Mark’s arm and shoulder. A waft of jealousy hit him.

            “They looked good together don’t you think?”

Jinyoung turned and saw Namyong.

            “Err…Mr. Tuan…” he bowed.

            “That’s Huang Zitao…the only son of Huang family…the biggest trade business owner in Macau…”

Jinyoung looked and he knew the guy was into Mark.

            “If you ever think that you could the one standing next to Yi-En…you’ve been wrong…”

Jinyoung’s breath hitched at the words.

            “I know everything about you…what you did before…being an …slept with men for money…acting like a with no dignity…how did you thought that you could be with Yi-En?”

            “Mr. Tuan…”

            “If it’s up to me I would fire you the moment I know about your past…I don’t like having someone as filthy as you are in my company…I wonder what Yi-En even saw in you…”

A single tear drop formed at the corner of Jinyoung’s eyes and he quickly wiped it off.

            “You don’t talk to him like that!”

Namjoon was looking for Jinyoung and he saw Namyong talking to the guy. He walked closer and heard every word the older guy poured. His chest heaved with anger.

            “You don’t know anything about him…” Namjoon said and pulled Jinyoung behind him.

            “Mr. Seo…”

            “I can’t believe someone like you could say those harsh words…you don’t know what he went through…”

            “This doesn’t concern you…you’ll be disgusted with him if you knew what I knew…”

            “Well Mr. Tuan…I already know about it long before you did…Jinyoung ah…let’s get out of here…”

Namjoon grabbed Jinyoung by wrist and dragged him out. Like a child, Jinyoung followed him.

            “The guy tumbled over and cried…and I just pinched his pressure point…” Tao said followed with Mark hearty laugh.

            “Did he sue you after that?” Mark asked, clutching his stomach, hurting from laughing.

            “He wanted to but his family said no…apparently, he was known as a trouble maker in the family…”

            “Serve him right though…”

Mark was looking around when he saw Jinyoung got dragged away by Namjoon.

            “What the…”

            “What’s wrong?” Tao looked at the direction he was looking.

            “Nothing…look, I gotta go…”

Mark was about to walk away but Tao held his hand.

            “Can I take you out on a date sometimes? A dinner…”

            “I know you’re a great guy Tao but unfortunately I’m taken…” Mark gently pushed Tao’s hand away.

            “You are? But your uncle said that you’re single…”

            “He did?”

            “Well, I’m not…excuse me…”

Mark quickly rushed out. When he arrived at the door, Jinyoung was already in Namjoon’s car and sped away.

            “Jinyoung ah!” he called but no answer as Jinyoung was already far away.

Namjoon stopped his car at the empty parking lot. He looked to his side and Jinyoung was just sitting there with his hands clasped together, head hung low.

            “Jinyoung ah…” he said.

Weak sniffles were heard and Namjoon could see tears falling on Jinyoung’s lap.

            “Jinyoung ah…” Namjoon unbuckled his seatbelt and pulled Jinyoung into his embrace. “Cry…just cry all you want…I’m here for you…let everything out…”

Namjoon rubbed Jinyoung’s back as he broke into tears.

*It’s ok Jinyoung ah…I won’t let anyone hurt you anymore…*

 

Another update!!!!

Wrote this at 3am...ideas came pouring...hehehe....

Tell me waht you think about this chapter and don't forget to flood the comment box!

ANNYEONG!!!