Thirteen

Embracing You

            “It’s freaking Saturday and you have to work? That !” Jaebum said as he raided the fridge taking out a pack of milk.

            “I have to…my boss is having a meeting with the developers and I have to be there…”

            “I was thinking that I could hang out with you today and check out the city…”

            “You’ll be here for two weeks…we got plenty of time to do that…”Jinyoung handed Jaebum a mug.

            “Hey…are you sure it’s ok for me to stay here? I mean…wouldn’t I be some kind of burden or something…”

            “Yaa! You’re my best friend! Besides, I’m glad you’re here…we have a lot of things to catch up…”

            “We could do that if you don’t have to work today…” Jaebum said with a pout.

            “Jaebum ah…”

            “It’s ok dude…” Jaebum smiled. “I’m just playing with you…” he chuckled.

            “That is so not funny…” Jinyoung smacked Jaebum’s arm.

            “Whatever…have fun at work…”

Mark half listened the representative from the GK Inc. explaining to him about the new project that taking place in a few months. He occasionally glanced over at Jinyoung and the images of the guy that he saw yesterday kept playing in his head.

            “So, do you have any questions?” Mr. Han asked.

Jinyoung looked at Mark and he just sat there spacing out. He gently nudged Mark’s arm and the guy looked at him.

            “What?” Mark whispered.

            “Mr. Han…” Jinyoung said signalling Mark to look at the front. “Do you have any question…”

            “Oh…yes…” Mark diverted his attention back to the young man standing in front of the board room. “Um…what about the properties around the new establishment? I was informed that the owners are against with the area being develop…”

            “Well…we’ve already talked to them…after we explained that we’re only use a small fraction of the land and it was an environmental friendly building, they agreed to cooperate…”

            “Great…I hope to see the progress in the coming months…” Mark said with a smile.

Jinyoung and Mark were walking out of the elevator when a call came to Mark’s phone.

            “Nae samchun…the meeting? Just ended…um…just heading out…why? Lunch? Sure…okay…” he said and hung up. “My uncle…he asked me to meet him over a lunch…”

            “Okay…so I’ll see you at the office on Monday then…” Jinyoung said. He was ready to go home and chill with Jaebum and Youngjae.

            “Um…you wanna join me for lunch? I’m sure my uncle won’t mind…” Mark asked.

            “It’s okay…I better get home…besides, I’m not that hungry…”

Rumbling sound came from Jinyoung’s tummy. Mark chuckled.

            “I see that your stomach has different opinion…c’mon…” Mark pulled Jinyoung’s hand.

They arrived 15 minutes later in front of restaurant downtown.

            “Yi-En ah…over here…” Namyong waved as he saw mark walked into the restaurant.

            “Samchun…” Mark looked at the table and saw a young woman sat in front of his uncle.

*Who is that?* he wondered.

            “Yi-En ah…have a seat…” Namyong looked at Jinyoung.

            “I brought Jinyoung along if you don’t mind…I can’t send my assistant on empty stomach…” Mark said.

            “Sure, sure…the more the merrier…by the way, this is Ayeon…she’s the head of consultant from Baek&Co., they handle all of our legal issues…”

            “Hi…nice to meet you…I’m Mark…” Mark bowed and shook the woman’s hand. “This is Jinyoung…my PA…”

            “Hi…” she said shaking Jinyoung’s hands next.

            “Now that everybody knows each other, shall we order something to eat? I’m so hungry I could eat a horse…” Namyong said calling a waiter to their table.

While eating…

            “I heard from samchun that you’re a music major in college…” Ayeon said looking at Mark.

            “Yeah…but we both know where I end up…” Mark laughed. He glanced at Jinyoung and the guy was quietly eating his lunch. “I didn’t see you at the inauguration…”

            “I was in Japan…handling one of my brother’s cases…”

            “Oh…”

Jinyoung could hardly swallow his food. The sight of Mark being extra friendly to the woman in front of him is like watching a dying animal…pure torture. He quickly finished his meal and decided to leave before he witnesses any ‘sweet moments’ between the two.

            “Um…it’s getting late…I should be going now…” Jinyoung said. 3 sets of eyes were on him.

            “Already? I’ll drive you home…” Mark said.

            “It’s okay…I’ll just take the subway…besides, I have some errand left to do…” Jinyoung got up. He bowed. “Have a nice day everyone…” he looked at Mark. “I’ll see you at the office on Monday…” he bowed again and smiled.

Mark felt guilty towards Jinyoung…he didn’t know that his uncle gonna bring a girl together for lunch. Ayeon was a nice girl he had to admit but she’s not what he’s looking for…his heart belongs to Jinyoung…and Jinyoung alone.

            “Samchun…um…I wanna talk about Ayeon…” Mark said as he sat down in front of his uncle’s desk in the private library.

Namyong put down the book he was reading, giving his attention towards his nephew.

            “Ayeon? What about her? Do you like her?” Namyong was hoping that Mark actually took interest in Ayeon. She’s a successful young woman, beautiful and she would be a perfect match for Mark.

            “Um…I do…but not in the way you’re hoping for…”

            “Why?” Namyong face fell in disappointment.

            “Actually…I already have someone that I like…and I like him a lot…”

            “Him? As in a guy?” Namyong’s eyes went wide. Mark nodded.

            “Yeah…I knew him for a while right now…actually, I met him since I was in college…”

A long sigh escaped from Namyong’s chest.

            “Why did I only know about this now? Why didn’t you tell me sooner? Now what am I gonna say to Ayeon…”

            “I talked to Ayeon about this…”

            “When?”

            “When I send her back after lunch…”

Another long sigh.

            “Samchun…you’re not mad are you?” Mark said with concern look.

            “Mad? No…maybe shocked a little…so you liked guys?”

            “Yea…”

            “Ray hyung never told me directly…we talked a little about it…but he did have the suspicion…I think that was it, a mere suspicion.”

            “I didn’t have a chance to tell him…” Mark looked at his uncle. “Samchun…”

            “It’s okay Yi-En ah…I know what you wanna say…well…I honestly don’t care…you could be in love with an alien and still be my nephew…”

            “Really samchun?” Mark smiled.

            “Yeah…I just want you to be happy…if it’s a guy that makes you happy, than I’m happy with it…”

Mark was grateful that his uncle understands…it feels like a heavy weight has been lifted off his shoulder.

            “So, when do I get to meet this special guy?”

            “Soon…”

The next morning…

Mark happily walked out of the elevator, heading towards Jinyoung’s apartment with heaps of food on both of his hands. He arrived and pushed the doorbell. Raspy voice from the other side making Mark flutter with anticipation…he hoped that Jinyoung will surprise to see him.

            “Yes…”

A guy clad only with a pair of boxer opened the door, looking all sleepy stood in front of the door. It was the same guy Mark saw with Jinyoung the other day at the office.

            “Yes…” he yawned. “Can I help you?” he rubbed his eyes.

            “Um…is Jinyoung in?” Mark asked.

            “Yeah…he’s in the bathroom…c’mon in…” Jaebum make way for Mark. “Jinyoung ah…someone is here to see you…”

Mark just stood there as Jaebum disappeared to the back.

            “Yaa, put some short or anything…jeez!” Jinyoung said as he got out of the bathroom and saw Jaebum walking in his boxers.

            “Why? You like it when I look like this…” Jaebum said leaning against the wall striking a pose.

            “Pfft…as if! You said there’s someone here to see me…”

            “Yea…he’s in the living room…”

            “Thanks…”

Jinyoung’s steps halted when he saw Mark.

            “Mr. Tuan…”

            “I brought food…”

In the kitchen…

            “Nice place you got here…” Mark said as his eyes wondered around Jinyoung’s apartment.

            “Thanks…what are you doing here? Other than bringing me food…not that I don’t appreciate it or anything…” Jinyoung took out several plates and cutleries and put it on the kitchen island.

            “I’m so sorry about yesterday…I shouldn’t let you go home like that…” Mark said with sorry eyes.

            “It’s okay…I wasn’t supposed to be there at the first place…” Jinyoung shrugged. He could see the images of Mark and that woman getting cozy together in his head.

They ate in silence. Mark was raking his brain trying to search what’s to say to Jinyoung.

            “Jinyoung ah…” Mark reached for Jinyoung’s hand. He slowly pulled his hands back away from Mark.

Jaebum walked in.

            “Um…is this a bad time? I totally could come by later…” he looked at both Jinyoung and Mark.

            “No…it’s okay…my boss is about to leave anyway…Mr. Tuan…thanks for the food…you shouldn’t have…”

Mark took his cue. He needs to find the perfect time for him and Jinyoung to have a talk about their relationship…if there is one though.

After Mark’s gone…

            “Okay…what was that about? That guy totally has the hots for you…” Jaebum sat in front of Jinyoung.

            “He’s my boss…’

            “So? What…you have those silly policies about dating with officemates or something?”

            “Not that I know about…it’s just…we’re two completely different leagues…”

            “You my friend seriously…stop watching those sappy dramas during your free time…” Jaebum shook his head. “Love doesn’t know status…”

            “True…but we just don’t belong together…”

            “You’re still thinking about that music major guy back in college?”

Jinyoung’s eyes met Jaebum’s.

            “What if I tell you that the guy in college is the same guy that just left my house?”

Jaebum’s jaw dropped.

            “Wait…seriously?”

Jinyoung nodded.

            “Then what’s the problem? You like him and he liked you…everything solved…”

            “Well…not everything…I guess it’s time for you to know one of my deepest secret…”

            “Secret? What secret?” Jaebum frowned.

            “A secret I’ve been hiding all this time…I will understand if you decided to stop being my friend after this…”

            “Jinyoung ah…you’re freaking me out…you’re not sick or something right? Cancer or s like that…”

            “No…but let’s get comfortable first…”

Jinyoung dragged Jaebum to the living room. Sitting on the sofa, he took a deep breath.

*Here it goes…*

            “Actually…I was an during college…”

 

Finally...an update after almost two months of going hiatus....my apologies....huhu...

It's already 2015 and just think this as my New Year's gift to all my readers and loyal supporters...(I hope you guys like it though)

I will try and finish this story as soon as I can..so keep on supporting me ok? Don't forget to flood the comment box below....><

LOVE Y'ALL!!!! Bear hugs and kisses for everyone!!!!!

ANNYEONG!!!!