Seventeen

Embracing You

Mark leaned against the huge leather chair with pounding head. He felt like all of his energy has been drained off to nothing. He thought it will only be a simple family meeting but it escalades to a full on investigation on his life…from his work to his love life. Various questions came to him one after another like SWAT team on fire drill…luckily Namyong was there to save him.

The door opened and Jinyoung walked in. Even the sight of the guy made him calm a little.

            “Mr. Tuan…” Jinyoung bowed.

            “Jinyoung ah…can you cancel all of my appointments for the day? I don’t feel like meeting people today…”

            “Sure…is everything ok?” Jinyoung asked when he saw Mark with a frown on his forehead.

            “Yea…it’s just that I’m tired…” Mark sighed.

            “Is there anything else? Maybe you should cut the day short and go home…”

            “It’s okay…I just to rest for a bit and I’ll be fine…”

            “If you say so…” Jinyoung bowed again and went outside.

Back to his desk, Jinyoung can’t help but felt worried for Mark. Does something happen when he was away today? He pulled out his desk and found a bottle of aspirin that he kept for emergency. Taking a bottle of water he went inside Mark’s office.

            “Mr. Tuan…”

Mark wasn’t at his desk; instead he was sitting on the plush sofa at the corner of the office. His tie was loosened with two buttons of his white shirt opened and both of the sleeves were rolled up to his elbow. Jinyoung never saw anything more y than that. His mouth watered and he quickly noticed that blood rapidly rushed to the southern region of his body.

*Get your mind straight Jinyoung ah!* he shook his head to erase the rated images that began to flood his mind.

            “What is it Jinyoung ah?” Mark said as he sat straight.

            “Here…” Jinyoung handed Mark both of the aspirin and water. “I thought you might need this…”

            “Thanks…” Mark gladly took the aspirin and gulped it down with water.

*So he was worried about me after all…that’s a good sign.* Mark smiled.

            “Thanks again Jinyoung ah…”

            “No problem…is there anything I could do?”

            “Yeah…come and sit over here…” Mark patted the empty seat next to him.

Jinyoung followed Mark’s order. He sat on the sofa…wondering what Mark wanted.

            “Good…”

Mark lay down on the sofa with his head on Jinyoung’s lap.

            “Mr. Tuan…” Jinyoung stuttered, rather shocked with Mark sudden action.

            “I need something to put my head on and this…” Mark wiggled his head against Jinyoung’s lap. “The best thing I could find…”

            “But…you can’t…we’re in the office…you…I…I mean…”

            “Just let me stay this way for a while okay? My head is killing me…”

Jinyoung just froze at his spot not knowing what to do.

            “Just relax Jinyoung ah…breathe…your body is so tense…”

            “Could you blame it on me?” Jinyoung slipped. “I’m sorry Mr. Tuan…I didn’t…”

            “Shh…” Mark put his finger on Jinyoung’s lips. “10 minutes…that’s all I’m asking for…” he closed his eyes and snuggled closer to Jinyoung’s belly. “You smell good…”

            “Err…thanks…”

A few minutes later, soft snore came out from Mark and Jinyoung was able to relax. His hands were itching to run through Mark’s silky hair. He slowly caressed Mark’s cheek, tracing the sharp jawline to those pink luscious lips that could be both his poison and cure…

*You deserve someone much better Mark…not me…* his brain repeated the words.

Half an hour later, Mark slowly woke up from his brief nap. His head doesn’t feel like it’s gonna explode like before. He looked up and saw Jinyoung had fallen asleep… Jinyoung’s head had tilted to the side with his arms crossed…he chuckled at the sight.

*So adorable…* Mark smiled as he planted a soft kiss on Jinyoung’s nose making him scrunched.

After dinner…

            “You wanna see me samchun?” Mark said as he peeked his head at the door of Namyong’s private mini library.

            “Yeah…c’mon in…and close the door behind you.”

Mark closed the door and plopped down on the small bean bag at the corner.

            “So, what’s up?” he asked.

            “I wanted to ask you something…”

            “Okay…shoot.”

            “Is there something going on between you and that assistant of yours that I should know about?”

Mark gasped.

            “Samchun…”

            “I found something rather interesting today…you were sleeping on his lap…mind to tell me what’s been happening between the two of you?”

            “Err…samchun…”

            “I don’t mind dating among employees but this is serious Yi-En ah…it will be awkward if things turn sour between the two of you…”

            “You don’t have to worry samchun…I know what I’m doing…” Mark assured.

            “Are you sure?”

Mark nodded.

            “What about the guy you told me about? You’re not seeing him anymore?”

            “Well…there’s one thing I didn’t tell you…actually, they are the same guy…”

            “You mean…that guy…your assistant…” Namyong eyes widened.

            “Yup…”

            “I would never guess that…”

**********************************

Mark was in an important meeting but he was having a hard time focusing on it. He kept fidgeting at his seat as if something were biting the flesh on his . The only thing that he saw right now is how Namjoon is eyeing Jinyoung who’s sitting across the room along with other assistants.

            “Yi-En…is something wrong?” Namyong whispered as he was noticing the look on his nephew’s face.

            “Huh? Nothing samchun…” Mark said still looking at the rather irritating sight in front of him.

            “Your boy is not going anywhere Yi-En…will you calm yourself down? When this meeting is over, you can have him all you want…”Namyong directed his gaze towards Jinyoung and back to Mark.

Mark looked at his uncle and received a wink from the old man.

            “Been there done that…if you know what I mean…” he smiled.

The meeting is finally over with Mark barely had any input of what’s going on in the meeting. He was about to go towards Jinyoung when some of the board senior executives stopped him.

            “So, are you free tonight? Maybe we could go out for dinner and a movie…” Namjoon said sitting next to Jinyoung.

Jinyoung just gave Namjoon a glare and continue arranging his papers.

            “Is that supposed to make me mad or something?” Namjoon chuckled. “Look, it’s just dinner and movie…like any normal date…”

Namjoon intentionally said the ‘date’ word a little louder causing other employees that close by looking at their direction. Jinyoung noticed the eyes and whispers and silently cursing.

            “Would you just stop? I’m not interested!” Jinyoung glared again.

            “You know, you looked super cute getting mad like that…it such a turn on…” Namjoon winked.

            “Can you please stop? We’re at work…”

            “Yeah…but the meeting is already over…” Namjoon put his hand over Jinyoung’s palm. “Look, this is me sincerely asking you out on a date…”

            “You? Sincere? Since when?” Jinyoung scoffed. He never knew that word could came out from Namjoon’s mouth.

            “Since I met you…just one date…that’s all I’m asking…no ulterior motives or so whatever…I even send you home before midnight…just like Cinderella… so, what do you say?”

Before Jinyoung could answer, Mark came.

            “Mr. Park…let’s go…” Mark grabbed Jinyoung by the wrist and dragged him to the exit.

Mark didn’t say a word when they got into the elevator and heading towards their floor. Jinyoung wanted to pull his hand back but Mark wouldn’t let him.

            “Mr. Tuan…you’re hurting me…” Jinyoung muttered.

They arrived at the office and Mark slammed the door shut and locked it.

            “What was that about? Did he just ask you out on a date?” Mark said, heaving hard trying to contain his anger. He wished that he could beat Namjoon into pulp back in the meeting room.

            “How did…”

            “Anyone within 2 feet could hear him…did he just asked you out? Did you agree to see him?”

            “I think that’s a personal matter Mr. Tuan…”

            “Ok…” Mark lets out a heavy breath. “Let’s leave the work thing behind and we’re just two adult talking…do you wanna go out with him?”

            “Maybe…”

Mark pushed Jinyoung against the door.

            “Why would you go out with a scumbag like him?” Mark had both of his hands on Jinyoung’s side. He was not letting Jinyoung going anywhere. “Have you forgotten what he almost did to you back in Seoul?”

Jinyoung stayed silent. The night when Namjoon came back to him replayed in his head.

            “Jinyoung ah…please…stop doing this to yourself…do you even like the guy?” Mark asked, staring right into Jinyoung’s brown eyes.

An abrupt kiss stunned Jinyoung for a second. The way his lips and Mark’s melted together almost made him weak in the knees. He tried to hold back from kissing back but Mark’s lips tasted so good that he lost into the feeling and gave away.

Mark was so happy when Jinyoung responded to his sudden kiss, he was expecting a slap or maybe a push but when Jinyoung kissed him back, he swore sparks went off inside his head.

            “I love you Jinyoung ah…just give me a chance to prove it to you…” Mark said as they broke the kiss.

            “I…I…I can’t…I mean we can’t…” Jinyoung stuttered. His heart racing wildly.

            “Why not? Tell me one good reason…”

            “You can’t be with someone like me…my past will haunt you back…”

            “I love you…everything about you…flaw or not…I don’t care about your past…never did…”

            “Are you sure? What if one day everything was up in the open and everyone knew about it? Won’t you regret it?” Jinyoung asked.

That night…

            “Samchun…can I ask you something?” Mark said as he and Namyong were sitting at the living room watching baseball game on the TV.

            “Sure…”

            “What would you do if you love someone with a dark past?”

Namyong turned to his nephew.

            “Yi-En…”

            “I’m just asking samchun…out of curiosity.”

            “Well…for me personally, the past is not important, dark or not…things happened for a reason and we should focus on the future…because that’s what matters the most…”

            “You really think so?”

            “Yeah…should I be worried?” Namyong furrowed his eyebrows.

            “Not really…”

Mark smiled. He knew deep down that what Jinyoung did before doesn’t matter for him. Just like his uncle said, everything happened for a reason and he was ready to embrace every painful and dark side that Jinyoung had.

Next morning…

Jinyoung was reluctant to go to work this morning. He seriously thinking about quitting and move to another side of the world after yesterday’s incident with Namjoon and Mark. He love Mark with his heart but being with him is something impossible.

            “You ok Jinyoung ah?” Jaebum asked.

            “Not really…” Jinyoung idly stirring his bowl of cereal.

            “Is this have to do with that CEO slash almost lover of yours?”

            “Could be…why would he want to be with someone like me? I mean…look at me…what have I done in the past…it should be disgusting for him…even I felt disgusting with my past…”

            “You’re really underestimating what love can do to a man…” Jaebum shook his head. If only he could make Jinyoung stop degrading himself like that.

            “Do you think he loved me?”

            “That’s the only thing to describe the guy…do you know how worried he was when you…” Jaebum made air quote. “Disappeared that night? He looked like a mother cat that just lost her kittens…he was ready to call the authorities if Youngjae and I didn’t stop him…”

Jinyoung stood silently listening to Jaebum. Jaebum got up and patted Jinyoung’s shoulder.

            “Stop giving yourself a hard time, just forget the past and move forward…this chance of love might not come for the second time…”

 

Sorry that this update took such a long time...been busy and kinda stuck with idea...that damned writers' block...

Hope you guys like this chapter and do leave a comment below...tell me what you think...

ANNYEONG!!!!