Twenty-Five

Embracing You

Jinyoung sat alone at the bus station with his head down looking at the ground beneath his feet. He felt lost and there’s one thing that he knew for sure, he wanted to quit his job at the company. There’s no point heading back there when you knew you will get insulted.

Someone came and sat next to Jinyoung on the bench. He looked aside and sighed.

            “You don’t like seeing me here?” Namjoon grinned.

            “No…just surprised…”

            “So, what are you doing here? As far as I know…it’s still office hour…” Namjoon said, scooted closer next to him. “You’re not the type that played hooky at work…”

            “I had my own reason…what about you?”

            “I saw you coming out so I followed you here…is there any problem?”

            “No…I just don’t want to be there…” he looked at the building. “Or anywhere near that…”

Jinyoung was ready to hail a cab when Namjoon left but when a black sedan stopped in front of the station, he frowned. Namjoon got out from the drivers’ seat and walked towards him.

            “C’mon…” Namjoon pulled Jinyoung by the wrist.

            “Huh? Why?”

            “Just follow me…c’mon…”

            “I just wanna ago home Namjoon…

            “I’ll send you home but we have to go somewhere else first…c’mon…”

            “What about your work?”

            “Don’t worry about that…lets go…” Namjoon opened the door and ushered Jinyoung to the passengers’ seat.

            “Namjoon ah…” Jinyoung said looking at Namjoon as he slides in at the drivers’ seat.

            “Just sit back and relax…ok y?” Namjoon winked.

A while later, they arrived outside Sea Life Busan Aquarium.

            “What are we doing here?” Jinyoung said they get out of the car.

            “To see lions and tigers…” Namjoon rolled his eyes. “Of course we’re here to see marine life…Busan is a city by the sea after all right? C’mon…”

Jinyoung was amazed to see various sea creatures inside the huge aquarium…since it the weekday, there’s less people around and he can take all the time he wanted at each stops.

            “It’s cute isn’t it?” Namjoon said as they reached the penguin pen.

            “Yeah…” Jinyoung smiled as he watched cute little penguins diving and swimming in the water.

            “I’ve always wanted to be a penguin in my next life…” Namjoon knocked on the thick glass, trying to catch the attention of the creature.

            “Huh? Penguins?” Jinyoung frowned.

            “Yeah…don’t you think it’s cool? You’re cute as hell, fast…and can live with the cold even on the Antarctic…”

            “And getting eaten by seals?”

            “Hmm…that didn’t occur to me before…what’s the point of being cute when you end up being eaten alive by ugly seals?”

Jinyoung laughed.

            “What’s funny?” Namjoon asked.

            “Nothing…I never thought someone like you wanted to be a penguin in your next life…”

            “Is it weird?”

            “No...just peculiar…” Jinyoung smiled.

They moved to other section of the aquarium looking at the hundreds of fishes swimming freely in a huge clear glass tanks.

            “Thanks for bringing me there today…I had fun…” Jinyoung said as Namjoon stopped his car in front of Jinyoung’s apartment building.

            “Aren’t you glad that you listened to me?”

Jinyoung nodded.

            “So, what happened at the office today? You wanna tell me?” Namjoon knew something was up.

Jinyoung sighed.

            “I don’t think I can work there anymore…I need to be somewhere with less people around…people that didn’t know about me or finding out my past…”

            “Jinyoung ah…”

Namjoon took Jinyoung hands and squeezed it.

            “How about you gave me a chance? I could make you happy…”

            “Namjoon…stop kidding around…I’m so not in the mood.”

Jinyoung tried to pull his hands away but Namjoon held it tighter.

            “I’m not kidding Jinyoung ah…when I say that I like you…I really did…we can leave everything behind here and start our life somewhere else…if you just give me a chance…”

            “I dunno Namjoon…with all things happening around me right now…”

            “Take your time…I will wait for you…”

            “Don’t…waiting can hurt you…”

            “I don’t care…as long as I could have you…”

            “You’re being stubborn…”

            “People said that about me before…” Namjoon grinned.

Jinyoung get out of the car.

            “Thanks again for today…I really owe you one…”

            “Then accept me…”

            “Namjoon…” Jinyoung glared.

            “Ok, ok…” Namjoon leaned and planted a kiss on Jinyoung’s cheek. “I’ll call you later…”

Jinyoung turned towards the entrance when he saw Mark standing at the staircase.

            “Mark…what are you doing here?”

            “I was here waiting…half sick worried about you but what did I just saw? You were going out with that scum…” Mark said in anger.

            “He’s not a scum…”

            “So he’s the good guy now?”

            “At least he was good to me…”

            “What’s that supposed to mean? Am I not good enough to you?”

            “That’s not what I mean…”

            “Then what? Tell me.”

            “I just can’t deal of the people around you that always looked at me like I’m some kind of pathetic man doing filthy job in the past…”

            “Just ignore them…”

            “You think that easy when they come to you rubbing it to your face? Even that new friend of yours knew about me…soon enough, the whole company will…”

            “Tao knew? How?”

            “Ask him…he even asked me if you’re any good in bed because you used to hire me before…”

            “Jinyoung ah…”

            “I’ve had enough of this kind of insult Mark…all my life…I’ve never been ashamed of my past…for a reason, it made me what I am today…but if there’s something I could do to change it, I gladly do it…I would even sell my soul to the most devilish demon out there if I had to…but none of that can happen…”

            “So what are you saying? You wanna stop what we had right now?”

            “There’s the only logically thing to do isn’t it? Obviously, your uncle won’t be accepting me anytime soon and I can’t possibly go back to the company…”

            “Are you for real babe?” Mark stared at Jinyoung with disbelief. “I’ve fought so hard for this and you gonna throw that away?”

            “I’m just stating the reality here Mark…you might be accepting to my past but what about the people around you? You have a family Mark…a legacy to look upon to…with me next to you…we both know nothing good can come out from it…anytime soon someone will uncover my past life and there will be more harm when the past bite you back on the …”

            “Just hang in a little longer…” Mark held Jinyoung’s hand. “I know I can convince my uncle…he just need more time…”

            “You really think that? You should’ve seen how he looked at me…as if I’m worse than stray dogs…”

They both looked at each other.

            “I love you Mark…I really do…I love you more than I love myself…but let’s face the truth…you and I can’t be together…”

            “Please babe…”

Jinyoung pulled his hand back.

            “I’ll send my resignation letter first thing tomorrow…”

            “I won’t accept it!”

            “It’s up to you…”

Jinyoung turned around and head out to the elevator. He almost stumbled down on the floor when the elevator door closed. Just like back in Seoul, he will never be with Mark…

That night…

            “Yi-En…can I see you for a while?” Namyong walked into Mark’s bedroom.

            “What is it samchun?” Mark was at his dead end with Jinyoung leaving him and he’s trying his best to make the guy stay.

            “Tao just called me that you’re not answering your phone…he wanted to ask you out for lunch tomorrow if you’re free…”

            “I’m not in the mood samchun…I had enough problems and I don’t need him to add on my list…”

            “If this about that cheap ex-…you better be forgetting about him.”

Mark looked at Namyong.

            “I won’t accept him into our family…”

            “Samchun!”

            “I’ve said it and I’ll say it again…he’s not suitable for you…what you see in him is not love…he might be after your money for all we know…”

            “Jinyoung is not like that.”

            “Are you sure?”

            “I know Jinyoung…” Mark got up from his seat.

            “Where are you going?”

            “To clear my mind…” Mark grabbed his keys from the dresser and walked past Namyong, heading towards the stairs. He needs to do some deep thinking.

The next day…

It was early morning when Jinyoung came to the office and pack his stuff up. He determined to quit his job at the company and leave everything behind. He cried to sleep last night at the thought of leaving Mark…but that’s the only right thing to do…he don’t want Mark to get hurt just because he wanted to be with him. He left his resignation letter on the desk and walked away with a big box in his hands.

Couple hours later…

Mark was hoping to see Jinyoung at his desk that morning…but when he saw the letter, his heart sunk. Jinyoung was determined to leave him for good.

He went into his office and dialled a number.

            “Hello…Ayeon? It’s me, Mark oppa…are you free today? There’s something I need to talk to you…”

*I’m not gonna let you leave Jinyoung ah…I will fight for our love…*

 

Another update...it's coming to an end in one or two more chapters...but don't wprry...another MarkJin story is coming right up after this...

Anyway...don't forget to flood the comment box below and HAPPY READING!!!

ANNYEONG!!!!