Twenty-Six

Embracing You

            “Oppa, are you sure about this?” Ayeon asked as she watched Mark putting down his signature on the papers.

            “Never been more in my life…” Mark glanced at her with a smile before continue to next pages.

            “But this is your father’s company we’re talking about…he built it with his own blood, sweat and tears…isn’t it unfortunate that it will fall to someone else’s hand?” Ayeon sounded worried.

            “I believe that these people could continue his legacy and the company will prosper for a long time to come…”

            “But oppa…it’s not the same…you’re his son…his flesh and blood…”

            “Ayeon ah…my dad always says this one thing…people doesn’t always find that one person that could put a smile on his face just by thinking about them…if you find one, don’t let them go…” Mark closed the documents and handed it over to Ayeon.

            “He’s a lucky guy I gotta tell you…” Ayeon smiled as she put the document inside her briefcase.

Mark’s eyes met Ayeon.

            “What? You think I didn’t know about it?” she chuckled. “You’re so not discreet about your feelings oppa…”

            “Am I?” Mark grinned.

Ayeon remembered how Mark looked at that cute assistant of his when they first met over lunch that first time. From the way Mark kept stealing glances and those little gestures, she knew there’s something going on between the two. When the guy left, Ayeon was sure of her assumption.

            “Are you really sure about this oppa?” Ayeon asked again.

            “That’s the second time you asked me that Ayeon ah…”

            “I just don’t want you regret this…”

            “I will if I don’t do this…”

            “There’s nothing could change your mind isn’t it?” Ayeon stared at Mark.

            “Yup…” Mark closed the file and slides it over to Ayeon. “Here…it’s all done…”

Ayeon flipped the pages, looking at the words.

            “Is that all? Is there anywhere that I missed?”

            “Nope…this would be all oppa…” Ayeon looked at Mark with pleading eyes. “Oppa…”

            “Ayeon ah…I know you’re worried about me but I’ve done a lot of thinking and this is the best way for me…I still have my trust fund money to keep me alive for the next years to come and truthfully said…my heart was never in this business from the beginning…”

            “Well…in that case, I can’t say anything else then…I just hope you find the happiness that you’re looking for…”

            “Thank you Ayeon ah…”

Meanwhile…

            “Thank you Jaebum ah…I will call you as soon as I could I fly out…” Jinyoung said over the phone. Youngjae just looked at his brother while leaning on the wall not far away. “I’ll see you soon…” Jinyoung hung up. His eyes met Youngjae’s.

            “Hyung…” Youngjae said. “Are you sure about this?”

            “Not really…but I have to do it…” Jinyoung collapsed on the couch. “I knew getting back together with him was wrong at the first place but my heart just won’t listen what my brain had to say…” Jinyoung closed his eyes and the memories of good times he had with Mark came flooding his head.

            “Well…they say love could do things to you…I guess that was right…” Youngjae sat next to Jinyoung. “I guess we’re moving to Ilsan now…”

            “Looks like it…Jaebum offered me a job at his new company and the conditions seem pretty good…”

            “You really love that guy huh?”

            “More than I thought I would I ever be…”

The doorbell rings.

            “It’s ok…I’ll get it…” Youngjae got up and went to the door when he saw Jinyoung was about to do it.

Jinyoung closed his eyes and tried to calm. Thousand things running through his mind. Leaving his current job was his first step in trying to forget about Mark.

*Would I be able to really forget about him?* that remained as a big question in Jinyoung’s head.

            “Hyung…your friend is here…” Youngjae said. Jinyoung turned and saw Namjoon standing next to his brother.

            “Namjoon…what are you doing here?” Jinyoung asked.

            “Looking for you…is that true that you resigned?” Namjoon said and marched towards Jinyoung at the sofa.

            “Yeah…there’s no point for me to be there anymore…”

            “Er…hyung, I better leave you two alone to talk…I’ll be back later ok?” Youngjae said and left the room.

            “Careful Youngjae ah…”

After Youngjae left…

            “Did anything happen in the company that I should know about?” Namjoon asked.

            “Let’s not talk about that anymore…”

            “I just know that spoilt CEO is good for nothing other than being his uncle’s puppet…is that the kind of man you want to be with the rest of your life?” Namjoon stared at Jinyoung.

            “Don’t worry about that…it’s already over between him and me…”

Namjoon was trying his hard not to show his happiness at Jinyoung words. His wish is finally coming true.

            “Come with me then…” Namjoon kneeled in front of Jinyoung holding his hands.

            “Namjoon…” Jinyoung was surprised with Namjoon sudden action.

            “Hear me out first…” Namjoon looked into Jinyoung soft eyes. “It’s not like I’m asking you to marry me right now…not that I don’t want to…it’s just…let’s get out of here…start our new life together…I can get your brother into a good school…”

            “Where would we go then?” Jinyoung said.

            “Anywhere…we could go abroad if you want to…you have passport with you right?” Namjoon smiled when Jinyoung slowly nodded.

That night…

Jinyoung was alone in living room when he thought about Namjoon. His offer sounded tempting but he kept thinking something was definitely missing from it. He listed all the pros and cons but it seems like he was uncertain.

A text came to his phone.

From: Namjoon

Hey y…

About my offer…I’m being serious about it…I’ll give you three days to think about it…that’s plenty of time if you ask me…hehehe…I have everything set up for us if you decided to come with me…I’ll be waiting at the airport…all you need to bring is your y smiles and your stuff…leave the rest to me…and not to forget your brother…

I really hope that you will come with me…I truly can make you happy…if you only just give me the chance.

Jinyoung smiled.

The doorbell rings, and Jinyoung hurried to the door.

            “I thought you’re giving me 3 days to think Namjoon ah…” Jinyoung said as he opened the door.

            “Namjoon again?”

It was Mark. There’s a slight anger tone in his voice.

            “What is about him that you like so much huh?” Mark said with total annoyance in his expression.

            “What do you want Mark?”

            “You sounded like I’m the bad guy now…”

            “I thought everything between us is over now…” Jinyoung still cringe with pain saying that. He had no choice but to let go off Mark.

            “That’s what you think Jinyoung ah…you’re forgetting that I do have my say in this relationship…” Mark stood in front of Jinyoung.

            “There’s never been a relationship…we just sleep together…”

            “You know that’s not true…”Mark tried to hold Jinyoung’s hand but he pulled away.

            “Please Mark…let’s just end this…there are so many things in our way…that’s gotta be a sign that we’re not supposed to be together…” Jinyoung could’ve cried right then but he tried so hard to hold it in.

            “Why can’t you see that I’m doing everything I can for us to be together huh? Am I the only one that trying to make us work?”

            “I love you Mark…there’s no denying it but there’s something in this world that we just can’t have no matter what we do…”

            “You don’t mean that right?”

            “Just go Mark…don’t make this harder than it already did…I’ll be gone and we’ll never have to see each other again…get on with your life like it should be…”

Jinyoung turned around and slammed the door shut.

            “Jinyoung ah…” Mark knocked on the door. “Please don’t do this…I need you babe…”

            “Go away Mark…”

The tears finally rolling down Jinyoung’s cheeks.

**********************************

The 3 days passed like minutes and Namjoon was anxiously waiting at the airport lounge. He had a flight set up take off in two hours but Jinyoung was nowhere to be found. He tried calling and texting but no replied or what so ever.

He was sitting on the couch facing the big window when he heard set of footsteps coming from his back. His face lights up but then a frown formed when he saw a man in suit. It wasn’t Jinyoung like he hoped for.

            “Mr. Seo Namjoon?” the man asked.

            “That’s me…”

            “I have something for you…a man asked me to deliver this to you…” he handed over an envelope to Namjoon. He then bowed and left.

Namjoon hands trembled as he opened the envelope. A letter was inside.

Namjoon…

It’s me Jinyoung…I’m sorry to do this but I have to decline your offer…I know you meant well but I just can’t accept it. You need to be with someone that loves you as much as you love him…and I wasn’t that man. There’s no part in in my heart for you except for Mark…although I wanted to deny it but that’s the truth…I can’t love anyone but him…although we can’t be together, he will be deep inside of me…

Have a good life Namjoon ah…I hope one day you will find someone that cherish you like you deserved. I will you all the luck in this world. Goodbye Namjoon…

Jinyoung.

Namjoon crumpled the letter and felt a pain that he never felt before in the deep corner of his heart. His first real broken heart.

 

Finally...an update as promised.

Thank you for the well wishes and fortunately my mom is getting better now...yay!!!!

It's only one chapter left in the story...huhu....TT TT...

I'll post it up as soon as it finish and I will post my new story as well...

Flood the comment box below...

Happy reading!

ANNYEONG!!!