Twenty-Seven

Embracing You

It’s the 10th time that day Mark went to Jinyoung’s empty apartment hoping to see him…it’s been two weeks and it’s becoming his daily routine…but every time he went there, he would leave with empty heart.

*Where are you Jinyoung ah…* he cried inside.

            “Where have you been Yi-En? You left the office hours ago…” Namyong asked as he saw Mark walked into the mansion.

            “I had things to do…”

            “You’re still looking for that cheap ex of yours?”

Mark turned and glared at his uncle.

            “What? It’s true…” Namyong said crossing his arms.

            “I’m not in the mood to talk about it…”

            “Tao was here while you were gone…he was asking for you…”

            “I’m not interested…you can tell him to off…”

            “Yi-En!”

            “Why is it that you wanted me to get close with that sleaze ball so bad? He’s arrogant and full of himself…” Mark was appalled by the thought of Tao. He seemed like a good guy but he turned out to be a complete .

            “He’s a good guy once you get to know him…”

            “Then why don’t you go and date him instead…I’m off to bed…” Mark walked up the stairs with heavy steps.

He arrived at his room laid on the bed. Taking out his phone, he dialled a number. After a few rings the call was connected.

            “Hey Henry…any news?” he said while staring blankly at the ceiling above him.

            “Um…I’m sorry dude…I’m still looking…do you think that he don’t want to be found?”

            “Maybe…but could you just look for him? Don’t worry about the money…”

            “You know it’s not about the money right?” Henry’s voice sounded concern.

            “Just don’t stop ok?”

            “If you really want to…I’ll call you if there’s something came up…”

            “Thanks man…”

            “No problem…anything for a friend…”

Mark hung up.

*Where on earth are you Jinyoung ah?*

 ***********************************

            “How’s work Mr. Manager?” Jaebum said as he leaned at the door of Jinyoung’s private office.

            “Hey…” smiles decorated Jinyoung’s face.

            “Are you done? I’m hungry…let’s go for lunch…” Jaebum said without moving.

            “You’re buying though…” Jinyoung said happily while turning off his computer.

At a café down the street…

            “I hope everything is ok with you nowadays…” Jaebum said as they were waiting for the food to arrive.

            “I guess…Youngjae just got a part time job at the pet shop near the apartment…”

            “That’s good to hear…”

            “What?” Jinyoung frowned at Jaebum.

            “What do you mean what?” Jaebum raised an eyebrow.

            “I know you gonna say something…let it out already…” Jinyoung knew Jaebum for a long time to know that.

            “About that guy back in Busan…” Jaebum was careful with his words…afraid that Jinyoung might feel hurt.

            “What can I do about him? We’re not meant to be together…we’re on different league to begin with…”

            “Why don’t you try and date sometimes? Maybe it could do you good…”

            “I don’t think I can since he occupied most of my heart right now…cheesy huh?” Jinyoung chuckled.

            “Very…”

Truth to be told, Mark hasn’t left Jinyoung’s mind even for one second. He wanted to move forward but it’s always been Mark that brought him a step back.

Youngjae turned the door and walked inside. The place was dark and he saw Jinyoung’s shoes at the front.

“Hyung’s home…”

He went to Jinyoung’s room and knocked the door.

            “Hyung…” he called but there’s no answer. He slowly turned the knob and pushed. Jinyoung was on his bed sleeping, holding something in his hand. Youngjae walked closer and saw a picture in Jinyoung’s grasp.

*You’re still thinking about him and still telling me that you already moved on…* Youngjae shook his head. He looked closer and saw beads of tears at the corner of Jinyoung’s eyes.

*I had to do something…*

*******************************************

            “Oppa...are you sure about this?” Ayeon said looking at Mark.

            “Ayeon ah…” Mark sighed. “We’ve talked about this…”

            “I thought you’ve changed your mind since you did nothing for the past couple of weeks…”

            “I was waiting for the right time…”

            “I guess right now is the right time?”

            “Bingo!” Mark smiled. “Thank you Ayeon ah…you’re really like a sister I always wanted…” Mark hugged her.

            “Good luck oppa…I hope you find the happiness that you wanted…”

            “I’m planning to…so, I’ll see you in two days…”

             “Nae oppa…”

Mark walked out from Ayeon’s office with smiles plastered all over his face. An unexpected call he got at the middle of the night yesterday was like a prayer answered from the heaven.

It was already dark when Mark arrived home. He had something to settle before the big move happening. He was walking into the living room when he saw Tao was there talking to his uncle.

            “Hey Yi-En…” Tao said, getting up from his seat. “We’re just talking about you.”

            “Really?” Mark replied cannot be bothered by Tao’s presence.

            “I was thinking if you’re free right now…maybe I could take you out for dinner…”

Mark was getting fed up with Tao’s constant moves on him.

            “Tao…can I ask you something?” Mark said.

            “Sure…anything…”

            “How many times that you’ve asked me out?”

            “Four times I think…why?”

            “And how many times that I accepted your offer?”

            “Um…none…”

            “Then shouldn’t you get the picture by now?”

            “Yi-En!” Namyong said.

            “Just stay out of this samchun…this idiot right here had to face the fact that I’m not interested in someone like him…”

            “So you prefer some dirty cheap like your assistant instead?”

A solid punch landed on Tao’s left cheek sending the guy flung back a little.

            “Yi-En!” Namyong rushed towards Tao. “Are you ok Tao?”

            “Don’t you dare call him that ever again! You’re lucky it’s only my fist this time…otherwise you’ll be walking out of here on a stretcher with an ambulance…”

Mark turned around and walked up to his room.

***************************************

Mark was gathering his stuff inside a box when Namyong suddenly barging inside his office.

            “Is this true Yi-En?” he slammed a file onto the desk. Mark just smiled looking at it.

            “Yup…”

            “What the hell you think you’re doing?”

            “I’m handing the company over to someone that deserves it more than I do…”

            “Are you out of your mind? This is your father’s company we’re talking about? Not some roadside stall off the street!” Namyong’s voice echoed throughout the room.

            “I’ve made up my mind…I have zero interest in this company…I believe these people could run this empire more than I do…”

            “Yi-En!”

            “Look samchun…what done is done…I’m not gonna back out of my decision…”

            “Why are you doing this Yi-En?”

            “Simple…to get away from you…someone will get my things from the mansion soon…”

Mark picked up the box and walked to the door.

            “I’m doing this for my own happiness…”

****************************************

It’s the weekend and Jinyoung was alone at home since Youngjae are staying over at his friend’s house. After a routine morning exercise and a light breakfast, Jinyoung was more than ready to spend his weekend watching TV and lazing around at home.

He was changing the channel when news on TV caught his attention.

“In related news, it’s been confirmed that the only heir of Tuan Holding just stepped down from the current position as the CEO of the company. One source said the step down was planned by the young CEO himself for an unknown reason. Tuan Holding was one of the biggest companies in Busan majoring in development and other business ventures with high profit revenue that increased yearly.

The fate of the company now resides to the hand of Namyong Tuan, the younger brother of the late Raymond Tuan, founder of the company. As from now the whereabouts of the former CEO was still unknown.”

Jinyoung’s eyes stuck to the screen.

It’s very unlikely for Mark to just leave his work as he is one responsible guy.

His phone rings. It was Jaebum.

            “Hey man…”

            “Yaa, did you see the news just now?” Jaebum said.

            “I’m still processing it…”

            “What do you think happened back then?”

            “I don’t know…I’m confused too…”

Then the doorbell rings.

            “Yaa, I gotta go…there’s someone at the door…I’ll call you later ok?” Jinyoung hung up and went to the door.

When he opened the door, it’s the least someone he expected to see.

Another one chapter to go...

Stay tuned!!!