Nineteen

Embracing You

           “I’m sorry…” Mark said looking at the dark sea in front. He and Jinyoung were sitting on the sandy beach of Haeundae.

            “For what?” Jinyoung looked at him.

            “Everything…I wanted to make our first date memorable but…nothing goes according to my plan…” Mark sighed.

The dinner was supposed to take place at a high end restaurant downtown but when they arrived, Mark’s name wasn’t on the reservation list. They had to go to another place. They even missed the movie because of that. Mark was getting demotivated throughout the night so Jinyoung asked him to go to the beach instead.

            “Don’t be…” Jinyoung hold Mark’s hand. “I had fun…who knew that little café had killer food…”

            “I guess so…next time; I will make sure everything is perfect for you…”

            “I’ll be waiting…but for now, let’s forget about it ok?”

Jinyoung scooted closer to Mark.

            “I always come here if I need to clear up my mind…” Jinyoung said. He began doodling odd shapes on the sand. “The beach could make me calm…even if just for a while…”

            “I can see why…it’s so refreshing here…” Mark said breathing the sea breeze.

            “And this is the best spot you can find…”

            “Jinyoung ah…”

            “Mmm…”

            “Thank you…”

            “Thank you? For what?”

            “Giving us a chance for this…it means the world to me…”

            “You really liked me don’t you?” Jinyoung giggled.

            “Not everyone wants to admit but yeah…I liked you…a lot…since I met you at the cafeteria back in college…” Mark smiled. “It might sound cliché but when we first shake hands, I felt like electric shot going through my body…”

            “Really?”

            “Yup…” Mark nodded. “First time ever happened to me though…”

            “Maybe I was an electric eel in my previous life…”

They looked at each other and laughed.

            “Could be…” Mark got up and extended his hand out for Jinyoung.

            “Let’s take a walk…”

Later that night…in front of Jinyoung’s apartment…

            “I had fun tonight…” Jinyoung said as he stepped up the stairs leading to the elevator.

            “I’m glad…I’m thinking that this might be the worst first date for you…”

            “Believe me…this is one of the best night in my life…”

Mark pulled Jinyoung for a kiss.

            “I wanted to do that all night…” he said with a smile.

            “I have no objection…”

            “I gotta go…I’ll see you at the office…”

With a final kiss on the cheek, Mark left.

*********************************

Jinyoung arrived early at the office. He went to the train station to send off Jaebum and went to work right after that. He was surprised to see a bouquet of red roses on his desk. He looked around but the floor was empty. Jinyoung opened Mark’s office but there no one in.

*Who could’ve sent this anyway…* he just shrugged off the question and left the flowers on his table.

Mark walked out from the elevator and saw Jinyoung past him.

            “Jinyoung ah…” he called. Jinyoung stopped and looked at him. “Hi…”

            “Hi…” Jinyoung smiled. “You’re early than usual…”

            “Had a reason to come early…”

Mark wrapped his arm around Jinyoung’s waist and pulled him closer.

            “Yaa…what are you doing? We’re at the office for goodness sake!” Jinyoung tried to wiggle his way out but Mark wouldn’t let him.

            “There’s no one around…”

A kiss landed on Jinyoung’s lips.

            “I missed you…” Mark said.

            “You just saw me yesterday…”

            “I can’t help it can I?” he winked.

            “Whatever…”

Then…

            “Ehem…” Namyong cleared his throat as he watched Mark and Jinyoung a little carried away in their own little bubble.

Mark quickly broke the hug.

            “Samchun…”

            “Um…I just drop by to remind you about your lunch with me today…”

            “Nae samchun…” Mark nodded.

            “Fine…I’ll get going now…” Namyong smiled. “Go easy on that PDA stuff ok? It makes me feel a little bit lonely…” he winked and walked away.

            “Did your uncle know about us?” Jinyoung asked with wide eyes.

            “Yep…he actually saw me sleeping on your lap the other day…so I had to tell him…but he didn’t know anything beyond me liking you…”

Jinyoung lets out a long sigh as he put his head against Mark’s shoulder.

            “What is it babe? Anything wrong?” Mark tilted Jinyoung’s chin so that their eyes met.

            “Nothing…” Jinyoung fake a smile. Deep down he was worried.

            “Now…where were we…” Mark s his arm around Jinyoung’s waist again. But the other guy quickly squirmed out from his embrace.

            “No, no, no…we’re at the office…so work mode on ok lover boy?”

            “Fine, fine…” there’s a slight disappointment in Mark’s voice.

As Mark went to his office, he saw the flowers on Jinyoung’s desk.

            “Nice…who is it from?” he asked.

            “It’s not from you?” Jinyoung looked at him.

            “Nope…”

            “Maybe someone sent it here by mistake…”

*****************************

Jinyoung was about to head down for lunch when Namjoon came and visited him at his desk.

            “Hey y…” Namjoon said as he sat at the edge of Jinyoung’s desk.

            “Can I help you Mr. Seo?” Jinyoung cleared up his stuff. He wanted to come back before Mark returned from his lunch appointment outside.

            “Aww…that breaks my heart…” Namjoon pretended to cry. “You don’t have to be so formal with me…”

            “We’re at the office…so we have to be formal…I don’t want to be accused of being impolite to my superiors…”

            “So, I guess you liked the flowers…”

Jinyoung turned around and looked at the roses that he put on the desk behind him.

            “You sent those?”

            “Yup…do you like it?”

            “Why did you send it? I don’t need flowers…I’m not a girl…”

            “I just thought you needed something to cheer up your day…but I guess the CEO already makes up for it last night huh?”

Jinyoung stared at Namjoon.

            “Oh…don’t look so surprise…I came to your place to take you out for dinner but he beat me to it…saw everything…”

            “Why is that I smell another blackmail material from your words?” Jinyoung leaned back against his chair.

            “I’m not saying anything…” Namjoon raised his hands.

            “I know that look…”

**********************************

Namyong was in his office doing some file review when his door was knocked.

            “Come in…”

His assistant Jieun walked in.

            “Mr. Tuan…someone’s here to see you…”

Namyong looked up and saw a well suited man behind Jieun. He nodded.

            “Thank you Jieun ah…”

When Jieun left…

            “Have a seat Mino ah…”

            “Thank you sir…”

            “So…you have the thing I’ve asked?”

            “Yes sir…”

A big brown envelope exchanged hands.

            “All of the things you wanted to know are in there…”

            “Good job Mino ah…”

Namyong opened the envelope and checked the file inside it. As he turned the page, his face decked with frowns.

            “Are you 100% sure with this information?” Namyong asked. He seems find it hard to believe the things he read.

            “Yes sir…”

Evening…

            “Miss Song…is my uncle inside?” Mark asked as he arrived at his uncle’s office.

            “I’m afraid he’s not…he had a meeting with Mr. Choi from finance but he will be back in few minutes…you can wait inside if you want to…”

            “Ok…” he smiled.

            “Should I bring coffee or anything?”

            “No thanks…”

Mark went inside. He always amazed at how modest his uncle’s office looked like. Just a few basic furniture and all the normal things people would fine in ordinary office. He sat at the huge desk and the corner of his eyes caught something. Mark took a second look and saw file with Jinyoung’s pictures in it. He took it and his breathing almost stopped.

*How did he found out?*

Then…

            “Yi-En ah…what bring…”

Their eyes met. Namyong gaze shifted to the files in Mark’s hands.

 

I'm sorry it took such a long time for the update...I've been busy with work and my right wrist is killing me (it hurt so damn much these days...I don't what's wrong with it anyway)...

Anyway, tell me what you think of the chapter...

I'll try to update this as often as I could since I'm on break during the beginning of April...

Flood the comment box below ok?

Love ya'll!!!!