The Lead

{SHINee} Lee Taemin - One Last Wish(BOOK 2)

~It was already an early evening when the four SHINee boys sneaked out of their hiding place and moved to a black car that have just arrived in their favor. They were ducking their way through the narrow street with their wrapped up bodies and huge bag packs. 

Soon, each of them jumped into the seats. Then the car was invaded with heavy pants. They were hiding in that abandoned shop for hours, and by now, they have finally felt a bit of ease.

"Oh god, just why have I agreed with this." The driver mumbled while shaking his head.

It was Kai. He was convinced to lend some help because he too was worried about his bestfriend. It was such a trouble for him that Taemin didn't even told him about this runaway. Where in fact, they never hide things from each other. This time, he thinks it must be horribly serious.

Minho, who was in the front seat, shook Kai's shoulder. "Why don't you runaway with us too Kai-ssi?" 

The four were merely laughing now, finally realizing how evil they were. Though they were afraid of the outcome of this rebellion, they knew they would never back out from this burning chance.

"Should I ask my members too? They're only eleven you know." Kai joked.

The boys were sharing endless laughters. They never felt this kind of feeling before. Being in the edge of freedom, they have to live every second to the topmost level.

"By the way, why would you search for Taemin in Jeju island? Is he there?" Kai barged in their loud frolic.

"Uhm..." Jonghyun started. "We're not really going there for some search and rescue operation."

"Yeah. If we'll do that, omo he'll be too spoiled already!" Key chimed in, causing more chuckles to the others.

"It's for...somekind of love trip perhaps?" Onew gagged. "You know, we're an even number now. We could be paired." 

"Eeep. Disgusting hyungs.." blurted Kai.

"But before that," Minho halted. "We really hope we could catch our maknae in our first stop." 

So where were they stopping before going to Jeju? They're headed to the house of a Lee KwangSoon. Yes, to the house of Taemin's mother.



 

***
 

"....so that was what happened eomeoni. I wonder how is he now." Hannah ended with traces of tears on her cheeks.

KwangSoon moved in to hug her. She pats her back to soothe the young lady. "I thought you knew...that he ran away." She said, casually breaking her promise to his son, to never tell anybody about his whereabouts.

Hannah's eyes widened in shock. "W-What? He r-ran away?" She stood up from her seat, flustered. Only to receive a continuous hesitating nods from Taemin's mother.

"No." Was all Hannah muttered while she stared blankly on the bare corner of the room. She was worried that maybe for countless times, she was again the reason that urged him on doing this. Her eyes twitched. She couldn't believe she still was causing him torment until now.

She turned at his mother with worried eyes. "Eomeoni, please tell me where he is." She pleaded. Her hands, curling on KwangSoon's arm, slightly squeezing for petition.

"I need to see him." She said. Her voice, sounding persistent than ever.


 

***

Before Hannah could rush to him, there was a sudden knock by the house's entrance. They have no clue who it was until they came face to face with five handsome gentlemen.

"Whoa, Hannah-ssi, why are you here?" Jonghyun was the one to ask her more, while the others moved on to greet Taemin's mother.

"I-I..." She was in doubt on telling him what really was her reason on visiting the place.

"By the way, eomeoni, we're here to look for Taemin..." Key began explaining. "If you don't know, we're sorry to break it to you that he..." 

"...ran away?" KwangSoon finished it for him, gaining surprised looks from the boys.

The mother sighed a smile. "Well, since I already told someone where he is," She glanced at Hannah while the boys followed. "I think it's time to betray my son. He obviously don't know how much you care for him." 

Everybody was smiling in relief. Finally they have found the lead to where the maknae was hiding. They wasted no time, and bid their goodbyes and gratitude to his mother. They were about to move to their car when they notice Hannah. 

"You're going somewhere?" Onew asked, noticing the bag behind her. "Come on, we'll drop you off."

"Actually..." She began, and the boys all turned at her. "I'm heading out to see him too."

There was an awkward silence in the circle of people. Hannah was worried that they wouldn't let her see him again. After what she had caused the maknae, she knew it was hard for the boys to give the two of them another chance in seeing each other.

"Uhm." Onew cleared his throat. "What do you think guys? She could help us you know. Perhaps we could fix this mess if they're both with us."

"Yeah, and it's easier to clear things out between them." Kai seconded while the rest agreed.

"Then what are we waiting for?" Jonghyun called cheerfully. "Leggo!"

They all jumped in the car. With Hannah, occupying the front seat next to Kai, while the SHINee boys were settled in the back seat. If it wasn't for the ridiculous merrymaking of her sunbaes, the atmosphere could've been so heavy. 

Hannah was obviously treated with enough care and respect. The boys were gentle with her, almost treating her like a princess. Checking if her seatbelt was securely fastened, and asking her if the aircon was too much or too low for her. 

And it's not just for the fact that she was a girl, but also for the blazing truth that she was the only girl, that their dearest Taemin have loved this much.