Friends

{SHINee} Lee Taemin - One Last Wish(BOOK 2)

***
 

[Hannah]
 

"Aigoo...I don't wanna go home anymore." Key muttered to himself, while lying on the sand. His eyes, encasing the skies above.

It was already 9pm when we arrived in Jeju. And after renting car, we agreed to hangout in a deserted beach line and have some drinking session. Speaking of, Minho and Onew were the ones assigned to buy drinks. Also, because they didn't win in convincing Kai to go with us, it's only the four of us for now.

"Hannah-ssi, any development?" Jonghyun suddenly asked. He had obviously noticed me staring at Taemin the whole time. 

I gave him a suppressed smile. "We haven't really had a time to talk." I said while turning back to Taemin's silhouette before us. 

He was standing away from the three of us. His hands deep in his pockets, while he faces the mesmerizing cast of waves in the ocean. And the wind, fanning up his cascade of silky hair. 

"Why? You could approach him now, you know." Jonghyun suggested but he only received an unsure look from me.

"He's kind of...keeping distance from me." I admit. Then the two sighed in frustration.

"Really? Aissh.." Key exclaimed. He had now joined me and Jonghyun in a sitting position. "Don't worry, I have an idea." His eyebrows bounced mischievously. 

___
 

Soon, Minho and Onew arrived with bottles of dangerous drinks and some bag of crackers. They hoisted with us in a circle.

"Yah! Taemin-ah! Drinks are here!" Key called out to him. Taemin then went back with us and settled down between Minho and Jonghyun.

So...it's me...Key...Jonghyun...Taemin...Minho...Onew...then back to me. Making me not beside Taemin, but face to face with him. I could notice the others' reaction. And they obviously want us to sit together.

"Okay okay!" Key clapped his hands to draw everyone's attention. "We're playing a game tonight." He declared in an enchanting tone.

"Yah, what kind of dirty game is that again?" Onew scoffed.

"That sounds so fishy Kibum hyung." Minho added while he started doing the bartending.

"But before I tell you what we will be playing," Key continued, ignoring his hyungs. "We must finish one bottle."

"Call!" Most of them shouted. Then Minho began to pass the shots one by one.

It only took 3 alternate turns to finish one bottle. That means, each of us have already drank 3 horrible cruel-tasting shots. It made me want to puke by just the smell of it.

"Okay! All done." Key picked up the empty bottle. "So, the game we're playing for tonight is called...Spin the bottle." He introduced with a wicked pose, that made us all laugh.

"Hyung are you sick?" Taemin blurted out sarcastically. His eyes have turned into tiny slits because of smiling. That smile that would keep me happy too.

"Yeah that move was a scary one." Minho added, wagging his head.

"Wae?" I joined in. "It's y." I stated, gaining shocked faces from the others. Okay, that wasn't me at all. The alcohol. The alcohol made me say that.

"Oooooh! See?" Key pulled me to his side and rolled his eyes at the boys. "I know I'm y." We made a high-five.

"Whatever hyung. Just get on with the game." Taemin demanded. 

"Oooooooooooh..." They turned at Taemin and acted as if they were scared of him.

"Someone's a little grumpy." Key smirked, creating a slight tension in the circle. But he shortly went back to his cheerful tone. "Kaja! Let's start!" 

Everyone cleared up the space in the center, making the sand plain and flat. Then, Key placed the bottle in the center. And after glancing at me, he spun the bottle. 

All of us watched intently as the bottle slowed down its rotation. It became slower and slower, until the tip stopped and pointed at my direction.

"Hah! Bingo!" Jonghyun exclaimed.

"Okay, Hannah-ssi, Truth or Dare?" Key asked. He secretly mouthed at me to pick 'dare'.

"Uhmm...truth?" I laughed when Key rolled his eyes. I was messing with him.

So now, I have to pick someone who will give me a question. Onew, Minho and Jonghyun were hysterically begging for me to pick them. And I made it more thrilling while trailing my gaze at them one by one. 

"Hmmmm...you!" I pointed at Minho. "Jonghyun sunbae." All of them laugh.

"Yah! I'm Minho." He protested. "My name is Minho." He rapped his part in SHINee world. "Nega Minho, nega Minho!"

"Okay, I'll choose Onew sunbae." I ignored their frowns. And turned at Onew who flinched in victory. 

"Okay, are you ready?" Key asked. "If you couldn't answer the question, you'll have to do a consequence. And that would be to kiss one person, anywhere in the face."

"Sure! No problem!" The alcohol said. "What's your question sunbae?" I leaned at Onew's shoulder.

"What's the name of your boyfriend?" He bluntly said. And I could see the rest drop their jaws.

"Oh, ." I hear Jonghyun whisper.

I swallowed hard. But I keep the mellow smile on my face. Everybody was quiet now. Waiting intently for my answer. Seconds pass and all I did was watch their faces. 

Jonghyun...Key...Onew...Minho...and...Taem-

"I want to kiss Taemin!" I yelled, before I smiled creepily at him.

The four boys were making noise now. Cheering. Teasing us. And praising the beer. But though the deafening noise, my eyes were fixed to the quiet one. He too was staring at me. His expression showed how surprised he is to hear me say those words.

"Hannah-ssi." Someone shook my shoulder. It was Minho, handing me another shot. He was continuously passing shots throughout the game, and I couldn't remember how much I have already took from him. But I still accepted it.

I was about to gulp it all down when someone grabbed it away from me. I somehow felt annoyed when the drink was spilled on my face and shirt. 

"Yah! Why did you do that?!" I yelled as I turned to my side. There was Onew, but someone was now standing behind him. 

I looked up and saw Taemin with a stern expression. Then I knew it was him who threw my drink away when he suddenly pulled my hand. I was forced to stand in my feet. And before I could know what was his problem, he immediately towed me away from the group. 

"I'm genius right?" I hear Key talking to the rest. 

"Whatever. We should have invited girls for us. Look how sweet they are!" It was Jonghyun's voice I last heard, before Taemin dragged me further that I couldn't hear anything anymore, except for my panting and the roars of the waves.

I was already tired of half-running, so I shook his strong hold on my hand. "Yah! What is wrong with you?!" I was attempting for a mad tone, but my voice was barely standing. It was shaky, so as my legs that were struggling to keep balance.

"You're probably drunk." He mumbled. "Come, just relax for awhile." He said soothingly, while assisting me to sit on the sand. 

I don't know to myself, but I just didn't argued more and just allowed my body to sink down with him on the ground.

I then turned at him, studying his face. "Hey, why aren't you drunk?" I pointed out. He just giggled and wag his head. His eyes, turning into thick lines again. And his cheekbones, lifting high, causing his face to seem so fluffy.

What a wonderful sight.

"It's because..." He started. "I poured all my shots in the sand." He threw a finger against his lips. Asking me to never spill it to the others.

My mouth gaped open, before I laughed in amazement. It felt unfair though. But I was relieved that there was someone alcohol-free among us. 

My head was spinning, and his shoulder was calling out to me. So I let my head lean on it. 

My eyes close slowly. Being this close to him now, I could hear him breathing. Every single second it was like a melody, being played just for me.

"Hannah-ssi." He said my name. The sound of his voice, echoing in the unrecognizable space between us.

"Hmm?" I answered.

"Thank you for giving me a chance to be with you again." He said. I felt the depth of it and I nodded in return. My head, rubbing mindlessly on his bare shoulder because he was only wearing a tank top.

"You know.." He continued. "I could've waited for your kiss back there." 

I felt his fingers run through the strands of hair that was hanging messily on the side of my face. He combed it to the back of my ear gently.

"But it would never fix things up. You're not my Jagi anymore. And we could be nothing else but just friends." He mumbled before I heard him hum a laugh. A somber one.

This time, I kept quiet. My eyes remained shut but there was a lot of things going on inside me. My chest was heavy and I was crying inside. I was crying just inside, until a tear broke out and run down my cheek. 

"Hannah-ssi, are you asleep?" I felt him turn at me. Wrong timing. 

I propped my head away from his shoulder and secretly wipe some tears. "Huh?" I turned at him. The darkness have saved me from being caught crying.

He smiled and tossed his hand above my head. Shaking it up while softly giggling. 

"Yah, stop." I moved away from his reach. But he pulled me in his arm, and I didn't complained anymore when the way his side was pressed on mine, was giving me comfort. Too much comfort, that I became worried about it.

We went back to stare at the beautiful ocean. The moon, the only light that was purposely spilled over, for us to see such magnificent scene. It's amazing how he was right beside me now, witnessing the view together. 

Everything was romantic and I could almost smell rose petals all over the place. The strong growling wind, colliding us more to each other's side. Something that reminded me about how we came in each other's lives. Then disappeared, and back again. I almost believed my drunken self, that being with him was indeed the only thing I have always wished. 

I hear him heave a sigh, before turning blissfully at me.

"Hannah-ssi..." He smiled brightly before offering his hand for a handshake. "Friends?" 

I stared at his face, then his waiting hand, then back to his face. 

The face that have always been seen in my eyes, always been thought in my mind. He's always been living in me, but I had never gotten tired of him. I would never be tired of looking at him. 

Because it's only him, that keeps my heart pounding this way. My first love.

"F-Friends.." I answered as my hand reached for the touch of his.