Bad News

{SHINee} Lee Taemin - One Last Wish(BOOK 2)

~~~Taemin caressed her cheek with the back of his hand, as he pulled out from the kiss. They found each other's eyes and stared into it like forever.

"I love you.." Taemin murmured under his breath. He stared at Hannah's reaction. He didn't see anything but a glint of sadness in her eyes, as she put her hand over his. 

She wasn't pulling it off. She was holding it softly. Gently keeping his hand on her cheek.

"I-I..." Hannah stuttered. Their faces were still just inches away, and Taemin was looking at her expectantly. Hoping that somehow, she could say those words back at him.

"Taemin..." Hannah began again, now rubbing her thumb on the back of his hand. As if she was telling him the opposite of what he was hoping for. 

This was enough for Taemin to understand. He nodded his head cautiously while going back to his proper seat. 

"I think I have to go." She said.

"Yeah.." His voice came out low. "It's getting late."

She was shivering. Partly because of her soaked clothes, but more of the numbing pain, by the fact that she couldn't say those three words back, even if she was dying to say it to him again.

She suddenly stood up from her seat. She didn't turned at him as she hurriedly go for the front door. She could hear him call out to her, surprised on how she just went in a flash. But she didn't turn to look at him, and just opened the door and ran out in the rain.

Hannah burst out crying when she was sure Taemin couldn't hear her anymore. The heavy rain was muffling every loud sob she fails to hold. She ran in the dark streets. She can barely see through the drops of rain that was quite blurring her way, but she forced her legs not to stop. 

She have to get away from him. She have to get to Jimin to remind herself that she already have the man that is right for her. And she keeps on telling herself, that Taemin isn't right for her, that she doesn't deserve such a perfect guy like him. 

That being with him until her last breath was too good to ever happen.

___
 

Taemin found himself looking out the front porch. His chest was pounding hard awhile ago. He had thought of following her. Hold her hand again and beg her to not leave. But now, he knew he had to stop.

He knew, for the last time, he had to let her go. He had to stop from pushing himself to her. He had to let her live her life without being by his side. Because that's just the right thing to do. 

He was lucky to have bumped into each other again. But it's unfortunate that it's still not the right time and place for them. He thought that maybe they are really not meant for each other.

Taemin went back inside glumly. He slammed himself on the couch. His fists balled up as the thing he felt inside was eating him alive. The pain was unbearable. And so a struck of tears began to roll out from his blurring vision. 

Did he promised not to cry like this anymore? Yes he did. But there he is again, miserably hurting more than last time he shed tears for her.

He was in the midst of crying, trying very hard to get his tough self back. Just when he came to glance at the baggages that was laid wet on the carpeted floor, beside the center table. One of the dark duffel bags was Hannah's. And she obviously left it when she suddenly ran away from him like he's some criminal.

He was sober now. Battling in his head if he would go to her or not. If she was still in the streets, he could still catch up with her with his car. And in fact, he have a reason to call her out again. 

He jumped off the couch and grabbed the bag, then made his way fast outside. Somehow, he felt a bit of hope without any reason. And if it did have a reason, it should've been a dumb one, like the way he was now. 

He thought he was so stupid for running to her again. He knew he could just have someone else to deliver her bag tomorrow. But he was just so willing to do this on his own. 

He threw her bag in the passenger seat, then he started to drive fast. The tires of his car was squeaking against the slick ground. And the windscreen wiper was pacing back and forth, brushing off the ripples of raindrops that was bothering his view on the road.

It wasn't long when he notice another pair of a car's backlight ahead. And he was sure that it was Hannah who just went in the cab. Then it rolled off, leaving him a chance to tow behind it.

He followed the cab, keeping a safe distance from it. He was planning to just trail over to her house. And when she will be settled inside, he would put her bag on her doorstep, without showing himself to her again. He thought it was better that way.

And so, after long minutes, the cab led him to a peaceful village. He saw the cab stop infront of a nice and modern house, then Hannah went out of it after. He watched by the distance as the cab drove off while Hannah had just went through the gates and into her doorstep. 

It was still raining, and Taemin was still in his damp clothes, so he didn't mind going into the rain again. He parked his car in the shadows, then prepared himself for his sneak out.

___


 

[Hannah]
 

I took a deep breath as I turned the key in the doorknob. I'm lucky I didn't left my purse together with my baggage. 

The door creeped open as I stepped inside. It was my own house, but it feels like I was walking into a cliff. A dead end.

I know Jimin was waiting for me the whole day here, and I just can't help but get worried on what he would be telling me.

"Ji-" I was about to call out but then I found him lying on the couch. Legs spread and eyes already locked on mine.

"Oh-" I nearly jumped. "I-I got wet in the rain...b-because I was just planning to walk to here...but the rain started-" I reasoned out but it just showed him how nervous I am. 

"Where have you been..." He tranced. "...Jagi?" His voice was going creepily through my head. Like a pang of guilt was slowly wrapping my nerves up.

"L-Like I said." I gulped. "I went to visit a f-friend." 

My voice was trembling. Then I realize that I have to act normal. So I walked over to him and leaned in to plant a kiss on his cheek. 

But before I could straighten my back again, he suddenly grabbed my hair forcibly that I landed roughly on the couch beside him.

"A-Aw! J-Jimin, you're hurting me!" I cried.

He moved his face closer. I was expecting that he would kiss me, but no, he just stared at me with his eyes flaming with anger. Something that I've never seen before.

"Jimin...why are you like this?"

"You're asking me?!" He raised his voice. His lips pressed in a straight line, and his eyes, wide-shot. "You might as well share your secret romance with your ing idol.."