SHINee's Back

{SHINee} Lee Taemin - One Last Wish(BOOK 2)

***
 

[Hannah]
 

"Did something happened?" I slightly jumped when Jonghyun curiously peeked in my vacant eyes. All of a sudden, snapping me out of my thoughts.

The rest of SHINee have just arrived from our Jeju getaway. And seeing them looking all healed, satisfied and happy now, it made me think that they really did needed that kind of slight rebellion.

Jonghyun had moved to me in the couch to ask me that. While the other three were scrambled on the carpeted floor, laying lazily while watching news on tv.

I glanced at him once. "Huh?" Avoiding his suspicious gaze, I turned to the other three in front of me. They have turned their attention at me, casually picking up on Jonghyun's observation.

"What happened?" I threw them an unaware expression.

"What do you mean what happened? By just looking at you, it's obvious something's bothering you." Key pointed out. His accusing look caught me off guard. My eyes quivered.

"Gurae.." Minho nodded along. "You should tell us. We're really curious why Taemin's like floating in the air today." He said secretly in the circle.

"Yah...what were you asking her?"

We all turned at Taemin who had gone from the kitchen to grab some snacks. His unwavering bright smile brightening up the room again, making his hyungs' faces crunch up in wonder.

He happily gazes at us while placing the bag of snacks on the table. Then he sinks himself back to his seat beside me. He moves closer to me, and places one arm on the couch's back rest.

His hyungs were giving him prying looks that somehow bothered me. I checked on Taemin. He was sitting comfortably with crossed legs, fixing his eyes on the screen, munching up popcorn and ignoring the eyes of his hyungs.

Yet his cheekbones looks like it's about to pop out because he's holding in a smile, trying to put up a straight face. I smiled along with him and leaned cautiously on his side.

"Aishhh..." Key exclaimed with his usual tone. "You're not gonna tell us how you got back together aren't you?"

Taemin and I wagged our heads in unison. We giggled together, watching his hyungs' annoyed faces.

"Fine. We're not telling either." Onew murmured. "You know, a lot of exciting things happened when you two left." He glanced at us keenly, trying to intrigue us.

All the four agreed, letting us overhear contented comments, though it's obvious that they're doing it purposely. Soon they started to disagree with each other, exaggerating their argument on purpose.

We laughed while watching them all on the floor, trying to annoy each other. They have ended up hitting each other playfully and building a pile of their bodies, making it worst for the person laying on the very ground.

"Come on! Let's make the eldest suffer!" Minho called as he laid flat on top of Key.

Taemin jumped excitedly from his seat, looking at them with twinkling eyes, he gestured for me to join. I paused from laughing to throw him a questioning look.

He positioned himself on top of Minho's back. Minho and Key began calling me in too. Though hesitant, I moved smiling back at their hysterical evil faces. I decided to sit on Taemin's back.

It's like I'm riding some sort of a little donkey. My feet could barely hit the ground so I was keeping my balance by holding onto Taemin's shoulders.

I was amazed on how I enjoyed it like a little child. Well it's not just an ordinary ride though. I'm sitting on top of a pile of five gorgeous SHINee bodies! Who would think I'll get this some kind of royal opportunity?

The room was flooded with merciless laughs from the three man on top, including me, the only girl in this body pile. While the two on the very base were chanting mad but funny threats at us, keeping our laughs remain at the edge of breathlessness. 
 

"OH , I THINK MY BALLS POPPED!"

Onew suddenly shouted, creating a powerful burst of laughters from everyone. Our little tower soon tumbled down as we couldn't maintain balance anymore.

We all ended up laughing to tears on the ground, while Jonghyun and Onew started to get revenge from the others.

Ofcourse I was an exception, so I moved silently at one corner, trying to stop myself from laughing because I'm beginning to feel chest pain. I realized I've even teared out a little from laughing so hard.

The scene in front of me was absolutely an unavoidable overwhelming kind of bliss. Something that would get you giggling again once you set eyes at it.

But then I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket. Spontaneously, my attention was suddenly drawn to the clock that was hanging on the wall. My eyes widened in shock, looking at the clock's hands quartering to 12 noon.

I quickly pulled my phone out and stared wide eyed on the message sender. I was right. It's someone who would most likely send a message by this minute. I swallowed hard as I hurriedly opened the message.

"It's almost twelve. Don't you think it should've been done by now?" 

I almost tripped when I stood up all of a sudden, pushing my phone back in my pocket, I called out to the boys.

"Uhm, guys?!" I made my voice loud enough that I was able to cut through their little riot. They all paused and turned at me in surprise.

I made a huge gulp as I looked at their curious faces. "Uhm...uhhh...aren't you planning to show yourselves to your company right now?"

My eyes twitched from one member to another, then I turned at Taemin last. He was staring blankly at me, like he's trying to read my mind.

They all went silent for awhile, turning at each other like they're sharing the same thought in their heads. A dubious and worried look casting in each one of them.

I thought I had to explain more. "The rumors about you were getting heavier each day. I-I'm just worried."

I looked at them expectantly, hoping that I did sound considerate. I waited for anyone to speak out, but they were just gesturing secretly on themselves.

"Oh right." Onew finally spoke, letting me breath again. My eyes brightened watching him pull himself up to his feet.

"I'll call manager hyung to pick us up here." He said to the others. They all looked at the leader like they didn't believe him for a second. But then, they saw he was serious so they straightened themselves up too.

Suddenly, the brawling noise awhile ago have completely gone. There wasn't any trace of that moment of frolic anymore. It's strange how the atmosphere suddenly changed into something uptight and suffocating.

"Hyung, not here.." Taemin said to Onew. "I'm not going to make this place more public. Let's use my car."

Onew nods, putting his phone down. They were preparing themselves for leaving while casually discussing on how to explain their act.

Taemin sneaked out of their circle and moved out to me, smiling in a limp manner. I could tell that going back for work isn't the first thing in his mind.

I smiled reassuringly at him, then he hugged me tightly. "I'll call you everyday. And I'll try to visit you as much as possible. Gurae?" He said, leaning back to cup my face and looking into my eyes.

I nodded, brushing aside some wild hair out of his face. I stared at him in awe, realizing that I've been praising his handsome face in my head again, I couldn't help but speak it out.

"Oppa, you're so handsome..." I mumbled, gaining a shy smile from him.

He pinched my cheeks. "That's a relief...I could've been unworthy to have this beautiful lady right here." He said softly.

Colliding our forehead together, I could only see nothing but his face. I would've cared nothing but the way he was acting so sweet right now. But then, a sudden loud clanking noise blasted from behind me.

It was ofcourse his hyungs, clapping their hands real hard and then yelling kissing encouragements at us. We both turned at their watchful faces.

The way their eyebrows bounces, together with their knowing smirks didn't failed in making us embarrassed.

Soon Minho cut it off and grabbed Taemin's hand. "We'll just borrow your husband for a while okay?" He asked politely, bowing at me when he had dragged Taemin beside him.

I laughed and played along. "Sure! You could have him as long as you want.." I answered cheerfully, smiling ridiculously at Taemin's expression. He was frowning jokingly at me.

Then, they began to head to the front door. I trailed behind them. Taemin was turning behind from time to time, because they were now strangling both of his arms.

"Call me if you get in your house okay?" He called out to me.

"Yes oppa!" I stopped following by the doorstep of his house, while they all continued moving to his car.

"And don't open your door to anyone!"

"Gurae!"

"And call me okay-err-no I'll call you-"

I laughed when Key shoved his hand on Taemin's mouth, casually muffling his words. I waved at them when they all went inside the car. But then Taemin jumped out of the driver's seat and ran back to me.

For a second, I was worried of what's he's doing. Is he not going with them? But then I didn't had the chance to ask him when he immediately kissed me after reaching the door step.

He hungrily kissed me, like he's trying to my soul. I was caught in shock, but I responded right away. Loving how his lips was pressed roughly on mine, I thought if I should drag him back inside or not.

Our lips made a shrill sound when it broke off. We gasped for air while looking at each other's eyes. I somehow got my mind back.

"Yah! What are y-" He shushed me all of the sudden, crashing his lips to mine again. Making me lose my mind right away, because of the way his full lips moved against mine. I caught myself begging for more when he broke it off again.

"I love you.." He whispered before slowly stepping back from me, making his way back to the car.

He was glancing back at me from time to time. Until he was grabbed inside the car's middle seats with his hyungs. Jonghyun decided to take over on driving.

I was waving my hand and smiling my face out while watching the car disappear in one turn. Then I was all alone in Taemin's house. I sighed in relief.

I thought I couldn't convince them to show themselves back to their company now. I could've disappointed someone superior and highly respected.

After cleaning the mess left in the living room, I started packing up my things. Not long enough, the taxi I've ordered arrived to pick me up. I hurriedly went out of the house and got in the cab.

I'm now going back to my house. Praying that Jimin have left that place already, I was unsure if he stayed.



 

<<

Feeling my bladder almost bursting, I didn't had the choice but to wake up and walk myself. I shuffled out of bed and headed to the bathroom. The cold room, making me shiver by the time I flung out of the covers. I was all along.

I did my thing in the toilet without minding to close the door. I kept myself still, while my eyelids were threatening to shut down. Then I was startled by the sound of something vibrating somewhere in the bathroom. 

When I finished, I looked for my phone which could probably be the thing causing the sound. I remember putting it somewhere dry before I jumped in the shower room with Taemin.

I immediately caught sight of it on top of the sink table. I checked it and found two missed calls and one message from an unknown number. I quickly opened the message. It says:

"Good evening. Please call back to this number when you read this message. This notice is from SMent."

My eyes went all wide. I became completely awake all of a sudden. Staring at the message for a long moment, I started to get anxious. I realized it had been sent just a couple minutes ago. 

And so I shut the bathroom door close and decided to contact it. I paced back and forth as the line started ringing. Waiting nervously for someone to pick up, I was wondering if I should back out and just ignore the message..

But then, after a few thrilling rings, I heard someone picking it up, but no one spoke. It's like the person on the other line was silently observing my line first.

"Y-Yeoboseyo?" I was the first to speak out.

"Neh yeoboseyo." A low voice of a man answered on the other line. "Am I speaking to Ms. Li Hannah?"

"Uhhm...N-Neh. But how-"

"Okay then. I'll introduce myself. This is SM's CEO. I believe you were with a group of my artists that were missing for awhile now, SHINee?" He paused. I didn't know what to say so I ended up speechless.

He decided to continue, taking my silence for a yes. "I'll have to ask you a favor though. Everyone is worried for their whereabouts right now and getting them back in the company's management will be the best for their fans and for themselves as well." 

"So I'm asking you with all my courtesy if you could make them come back for the good. But...if you're not capable of doing that, it's fine. We'll have to figure out other ways." 

"Uh, no, no, sir. I-I'll do it. I'll try my best to convince them on coming back." My voice raced in a panic. I was uncomfortable on how someone superior like him was humbly asking something I obviously don't own. It's like he's begging me to surrender his own artists back.

I heard him chuckle in relief on the other line. "Okay. Thank you then. I'll be expecting to see them before noon tomorrow."

"Neh-" He suddenly hung up without further words. I froze and was left in complete shock. Did I just made an agreement with SMent's CEO? 

>>>End of Flashback>>>



 

When I arrived at my place, I first noticed my gate and front door partly opened. It wasn't properly closed nor locked. I cursed at Jimin. Right, who would care to secure my house after doing an immoral act to its owner.

I dragged my bags and went inside without hesitation. I don't know, but after last night, I somehow felt like I'm not afraid of anything. Somehow, Taemin was giving me a kind of hope, a kind of strength that only him could give to me.

I stepped inside and found the place like it was last night. The couch was disheveled from its original place, its pillows were thrown all around the floor, and the carpet have wrinkled messily underneath the round table that was toppled over. 

My living room was a complete mess. I sighed in exhaustion, dragging myself to lie on the couch. I was tired and sleepy. But before I could take a break and close my eyes, my phone went vibrating.

Could it be Taemin? I pulled out my phone too quickly like my life depended on it. I immediately checked the screen and found a message. 

My eyebrows clenched, feeling troubled when I found out that it's from the same number which made me speak to SM's CEO.

I opened the message and read it over and over again, like I didn't understood any words in it. I turned away and stared stiffly at a vacant space. 

There were a lot of things going on in my head, a lot of feelings flowing inside me. But it's just so strange to feel a sense of trouble that seems to lurk behind those affirmative remarks.

"SHINee came! I am completely grateful to you Ms. Li Hannah. But it would be great to deliver my gratitude to you personally. Please appear in a private meeting with me tomorrow. -SMent CEO"