Eomeoni

{SHINee} Lee Taemin - One Last Wish(BOOK 2)

***
 

"Okay. Look. Everyone. Don't panic. Please. Okay just shut up!!" Jonghyun roared between the loud debate of s.

Miraculously, they silenced and turned to the blinger. 

"I think we have to cover him up." He said.

"Yes, for the meantime." Key cautiously nods.

"I'll hire agents to help us look for him." Minho volunteered.

"And his phone!" Key chimed in. "Let's try tracking it."

The rest nodded in unison, but the unfortunate look in their faces never left.

"Great. Now let's all get moving before manager notice." The leader closes the discussion and they all scattered to prepare on leaving.

It wasn't long after Onew had barged in their dorm, looking reckless. After he realized that their maknae had ran away, he didn't know how to break it to his fellow members.

But he was able to tell them every single detail, including his girlfriend and her condition. They were fazed. They didn't know their leader was carrying such misfortune.

Though they were a little pissed off by sneaking out without them. What really worried the four, was the thought of Taemin, never coming back again.

"What could've been that jerk's reason?" Key murmured more to himself. He was paired with Onew to meet a friend who can do the phone tracking accurately.

The leader sighed and stared at the ground while they traipsed down the quiet neighborhood. "He's unpredictable. I didn't notice he could've been hurting a lot. I should have stopped him from seeing her again."

"Aishh! If he almost lost his life the last time, what would it cause him now?" The diva's eyebrows puckered. His nags were a lot stronger than usual. It's because it's their maknae who went missing. 

Though Taemin's 24 now, he still was the most fragile in the eyes of his hyungs. It's because he's most likely to break the rules, and would unknowingly risk his life.





 

***
 

"Found it!" Jonghyun called out with sarcasm. He ran back into the circle of his groupmates after finding Taemin's phone in his bed.

"He's smart like me." Key shook his head in dismay.

Now the four were back in their dorm. One pair bringing bad news that they tracked his phone, and it's not with him, but just in their dorm. The other pair, however have already paid secret agents to fly to japan and look for their maknae. 

If not, they also hired trusted people to roam around Seoul. But if Taemin doesn't really want to be found, it would take a lot of patience in waiting for any reports.

"Now what?" Minho sighed when they all went silent.

They were obviously thinking how to cover him up in their schedule later. And they couldn't think of any reason that could make their manager from looking and demanding for him.

"I have a crazy idea." Key dully said, and the rest turned expectantly at him. "Why don't we request a leave? All of us. By that, our managers wouldn't go further about our maknae. We just tell them he already went on vacation before us."

"Vacation? Leave?" Onew said with surprise. "The way you said it just sounds so easy to do."

"They won't let us. This week is fully packed with scheduled ." said Minho.

"Let's run away then." They all turned to Jonghyun, preying on his nonchalant reaction. Like it was normal to come up with such a suggestion.

"Are you nuts?!" Key spat at him. But deep inside, he thought of it again. 

He didn't know the others were anticipating it thoroughly too. Running away sounds too tempting for the idols. It's true that it was their utmost dream to be stars, but they too were human beings. 

They needed a break. They needed the chance, even the tiniest chance just to be in control of their own lives once more. They have been chained with their work, and have neglected their own desires. To the point that they weren't sure if they still know the person they would come to face in the mirror.

"A day or two won't hurt...I-I think?" Onew stuttered. 

Being the first one to consider the idea, he was uneasy. Since he was the leader, he should lead s to the right path. But this, it sounds so wrong but just seems so right.



 

***

 

[Hannah]
 

"Why are you being like this?" He tugged at my hand. "Hey, look at me Jagiya."

We were in the couch, watching television. My eyes were stuck on the screen, but my mind was drifting away that I couldn't make out the images in the screen anymore.

And Jimin, he was trying to wake me up from my deep thoughts, but I wasn't responsive until I decided to finally try my luck.

"Jimin?" 

He nearly jumped when I spoke. Then he immediately snuggled in my side. "Hmm?"

"I want to ask you something." My voice was dull. Plain. Emotionless.

"Tell me Jagi." He hugged my stiff body while kissing my neck. I could've flinched by now. I have always been ticklish, but now, I was feeling nothing. It was like I was dead. Well, I was quite dead. 

After what I did to Taemin, I didn't know it would cause me this kind of suffering. I said the wrong words. I did the worst thing. I just want to erase every single memory of him. I just want to disappear. 

"I need space..." I faced him. "I need time alone." 

"Wh-what do you mean, are you-" He leaned back. His eyes darting on mine in a strained manner.

"I want a leave from work. Just a couple of days." I cut in.

"Why?" His face softened. "Is father giving you too much work?"

"No. I-I just have to rest for awhile." I relaxed when he smiled. 

"Okay, I'll ask him. How long do you want? You must've missed me a lot Jagi. Don't worry, I'll stay with you here." He started caressing my arms, but I hold them off right away.

"It's not that. I'm not staying here. I have to go somewhere else Jimin. Please let me be alone, just this time." I pleaded. By now, I was looking at him with hope. My eyes, whispering how I was desperately in need.

There was silence. And it did felt longer when we just stared at each other. Every passing second, I was shattered little by little. I know my boyfriend was possessive. He wanted to know what I was doing in every single time. And what I am asking now, would probably keep me off his radar.

"Well, I couldn't say no to my Jagiya." He grinned while moving in to kiss me.

I almost yelp in surprise when I realize he was already letting me. I kissed him passionately in return, and we both smiled after the kiss. Leaning in each other's forehead, he raised one hand to cup my jaw.

"I trust you." He said lovingly.

 

___


 

The sound of the engine of the cab I rode had already zoomed farther. I was left, standing in front of the familiar place that brought up hundreds of memories in me.

I took steps forward. My baggage, fraying my one hand as I made use of the other to grab a knocker by the gates.

For the moment I hesitated, I had already banged it once. So I continued to knock for a couple of times.

I could hear my chest pounding hard as I waited for someone to open up. Because I know it could either be eomeoni, the one I came here for, or her son, whom I couldn't face yet, who would be welcoming me in.

For some reason, I wanted to lighten up the weight I was feeling in my chest. I wanted talk to someone who have always been a guiding help to me in the past. And since Taemin have already found me, there's no use of hiding from everybody close to him anymore.

"Neh? Who's there?" It was her voice. I was relieved it was her.

And when I answered that it's me, she opened the gates. Her eyes widened in surprise as she recognized the young guest she once had.

"Oh my god, Hannah?!" She exclaimed before she moved out to hug me.