Last Minute Romance

{SHINee} Lee Taemin - One Last Wish(BOOK 2)

[Taemin]

"What?" She gasped. "Wh-why do you want to go with me?"

I smiled at her reaction. "Why? Is it bad to go along with you? When we get back to Seoul, I could drive you to your house. I want to see your place too."

"O-okay." She finally said after hesitating. "But...I can't invite you inside the house."

"Sure, it's alright." I assured. 

___

It was early in the evening when we boarded for Seoul. My members decided to stay in Jeju until tomorrow, so it's only Hannah and I, taking the flight home.

She was somehow deep in thought. We didn't really talk much, until we arrived in Seoul. We rode a taxi and the plan was to drop me off first in my house, because it was nearer from the airport. Then she will be dropped next by the cab.

It changed right? I was supposed to drive her home personally, but she asked me once again. And I felt like I need to conform on what she prefers, so I agreed.

We were both in the back seat of the taxi, and our baggages were right between us. So we weren't really beside each other. It somehow pained me that I couldn't hold her now. Or at least tell her that I had a great time with her. 

Her eyes were fixed out of the window. Rain was now pouring heavy outside. Making it hard to look through the fog that had build up on the glass. But Hannah was still looking through the vacancy. 

Silence was flooding the cab. No sound, no movement, except for my eyes that turns at her from time to time. Staring at her side profile, and wishing that I could somehow see what she was thinking right now.

We were driving to another goodbye again. After I reach my place, we'll be separated again. And I have to remind myself every second that she's off limits now. 

I focused my eyes on the road. The place we were driving into was beginning to get familiar to me. We were probably nearing my place. 

But before we get right in front of my own house, the cab suddenly made a stop, and the engine died off in a flash.

We both turned to the driver who was sighing in frustration, as he made several attempts in bringing up the car's engine again and again. But it just roared to death, and never went back.

"I'm sorry ma'am, sir..." He turned at us. "But I think my car needs repair."

Hannah and I turned at each other. Worried look plastered on our faces, before we turned at the window to check the outside. And yes, it was still raining hard.

"It's okay, I could run to my house then I'll get you here with my car." I said, preparing myself to get out. But then, she grabbed my arm before I could jump out.

"No. I-I'll go with you." She said. 

"But it's raining hard-" I couldn't let her go out in the wet and dark streets with me. She might get a cold. But then again, her eyes were glistening with fear when I turned at her. They told me that we might as well go together for each other's sake.

"O-okay..." I gave in. "But...I have a favor." 





 

~~~Raindrops kept on drenching the two as they made their way to Taemin's house. They weren't running. Because there was only one pair of feet that was making steps on the sleek pavement.

"Oppa, you're tired. Just put me down." Hannah was worried on how she was tiring Taemin.

She had no choice when he offered her a piggyback ride to his house that was nearby. Though the heavy baggages strapped on her back, all of it, including her weight was carried by him under the pouring rain.

"No. If it's you..." He flicked his damp hair. "...I won't be tired."

He was grasping Hannah's thighs securely. Focusing on the heat she have lathered on his back as her arms embraced his broad shoulders. There was not a space between them. And this made him feel more somber, thinking that he couldn't stay like this with her forever.

Taemin was using this opportunity to hold her close, one last time. He knew that after he would drive her home, he don't know when will they be seeing each other after this. Or if she'll even allow bumping into him again.

They reached his house, without a dry thing in their hold. Even their bags were soaked and their phones were barely functioning well. 

Hannah was finally brought to her feet in the doorstep, and he helped her with the bags as they entered Taemin's secret place.

"Just sit here for awhile." He offered her the sofa in the living room, before he ran to the kitchen.

Hannah took a sit, lightly on the fine couch, making sure she wouldn't make it as soaked as her own clothes. She could hear the loud clanging of utensils in the kitchen. And she softly giggled, picturing Taemin out, being so clumsy as ever.

Soon, he went back to the living room with a tray of tea cups and a smoking pot. He smiled brightly as he found her in the couch, staring at him. Almost squinting her eyes like she was in the midst of an intense study of him.

"What?" He scoffed a laugh as he began to settle the drink on the table. Then he sank right beside her.

"Nothing." She avoided his gaze. She took her cup of tea awkwardly and made a sip. Well, a painful sip. She threw the cup back to its saucer as she stuck her swollen tongue out. God, how could she be dumb to drink a smoking hot tea?

She noticed Taemin chuckle beside her. "Yah! I-I'm just cold." She defended herself.

"Really?" He smirked knowingly at her. "I thought you're mind was preoccupied because of me."

Hannah gasped mockingly as she turned at him. But again, she was defeated by him before she could even make an attack. He was staring gorgeously at her. Sitting horizontally on the couch, he was facing her. His arm was over the back support, and one of his legs was disheveled across the cushioned seat. 

He was tilting his head out, locking his eyes at her enticingly, making her swallow hard. And his wet look didn't helped her either. Her chest was pounding like crazy when she noticed that his face was beginning to move closer.

Her eyes went wide. But she saw Taemin was still calm as he propped one knee together with his arms, to crawl closer to her.

Hannah leaned back as he drew closer. But the couch's arm rest held her in place while she began to feel Taemin's hot breath on her cheek.

She couldn't do anything but to shut her eyes. Okay, she could actually push him away, but she didn't know why she doesn't have the strength to do that simple thing.

She cursed herself mentally, as she stayed still while waiting for his lips to land on her own. 

He have gone on top of her. The cold of being drenched in rainwater was suddenly replaced with a burning comfort between their dripping bodies.

Just as she felt his chest slightly colliding with hers, his lips finally crashed into her. So light and smooth, that she began to soften down. Slowly they kissed each other, following a rhythm full of passion. 

Such a way that made the both of them feel how they were really into each other. How they longed for this, ever since the last time they had felt each other's lips.