Get Lost

{SHINee} Lee Taemin - One Last Wish(BOOK 2)

~It was late in the afternoon when Hannah stepped inside the SM building. She was here for two reasons. First, to meet with the CEO. And second, to visit her boyfriend in their performance shoot for a special music show.

The pretty dress she wore swayed together with her bouncing toes. She was excited to watch Taemin's live performance for the first time. 

After signing in the log book, she immediately went to check the bulletin board. Scanning the printed schedule, she easily spotted 'SHINee' and only took note of the floor and studio number. Since she succeeded earlier in finding out the time details from her clueless boyfriend.

She then started making her way to their location, leaping gracefully when she could already hear the loud cheers of the audience. She went in the hall and was greeted by a lady guard, pointing onto the vacant seats.

She thanked her and took the seat on the very back, where it's dark enough for anyone to recognize her. There were a few performances before SHINee finally took over the stage. Then the audience began screaming undying cheers at the five shining men.

Hannah's hands automatically move to cover up her own squeals. Her now watery eyes, immediately locking up at Taemin's perfect face. She stared at him, dazzled and starstrucked at the moment.

She couldn't hold herself from squirming excitedly in her seat just before the music starts. Being a huge fan of them for such a long time, she could easily figure out what song was being played.

The strong and passionate groove of 'Symptoms' was making everyone praise the good pick. And when they started moving flawlessly with the beat, everyone watched them attentively. 

Hannah sat still. She knew she had to calm down so she could absorb a lot from his every move. She didn't want to miss any expression on his attractive face when he's dancing almost ally. 

Secretly staring at him from afar, he simply took her breath away.


 

***

 

There was a suffocating aura when she was welcomed by SM's CEO in his office. They exchanged greetings before the man in his mid-40's offered her a seat. 

He said it right. He delivered his gratitude at her warmly. Casually asking questions about where exactly is her hometown, what her work is, and why she disappeared for more than three years in the past. And then the discussion came up to how she got close with SHINee. 

Though she was unsure if she should answer his questions, she have told him a few facts about her. But then, a sudden tension arose between them, when he suddenly shoved a lot of questions at her, involving one of his famous artists, Lee Taemin.

Hannah felt troubled when he became too assertive, that she saw a glint of threat reflecting in his darting eyes. He heaved a disappointed sigh when she didn't spoke anymore. 

"Someone sent me this." He slid a photo across the table. He watched her surprised expression when she looked at the stolen photo of her, clinging on Taemin's back. She remembers that time when Taemin had to give her a piggyback ride because of losing the maze game.

She turned back at him only to find a daunting look in his eyes that have become darker each second. The grin on his face was wicked. A mocked up look that made her flinch in her now uncomfortable seat.

"I wonder how much hate you've received by now if I hadn't paid the person who took this photo. See, I've spend a lot to keep my artists' reputation clean. They couldn't just date a nobody like you! They're stars! They shine! And they won't be looking good next to a dull and low unknown thing like you." He stressed out each word, darting his bulging eyes at her.

Her lips began to quiver. Her tears, blurring her vision as every word hit her hard in the face.

He sighed aloud in frustration when she lowered her head and began to sob. Slamming his back to his seat, he decided to get to the point already.

"So, what I was trying to say to you is...leave him. I would pay you as much as you want." He said, back in his low but compelling tone.

Hannah cried even more. She knew that was his purpose for yelling such hurtful words to her. He wanted them to break up. He wanted her to stay out of his life again.

But then, how could she? She calmed herself before turning at him boldly. She looked at him, undaunted, now full of will to fight back. She didn't cared anymore if she'd show any kind of disrespect at him. After all, he's the one who started it.

All of a sudden, she moved and stood in front of his desk. Her lips pressed in a tight line just before she let her words explode.

"What if I tell you that I couldn't follow your orders? Really, why should I?" She stated, locking her swollen but raging eyes at him.

"First of all, I'm not one of your employees that would obey to every single word you say. I'm not the person who would easily fall for your bleak words. 
Also, I was born in a wealthy family, so don't make me act like a scavenger to you. And lastly, your artist, who was he again? Oh, Lee Taemin? Yes, him...I love him...and I'm sorry if I couldn't ever leave him." 

After she spit out her last words, she turned around to leave the room. But then he scoffed and laughed just before she could grab the door knob.

"Ah! Chincha?" He exclaimed in sarcasm. She stopped in her tracks, her breath racing as she sensed an incoming defeat.

"I guess you said the wrong words darling." He went out of his seat and moved to Hannah. He slowly circled her, trailing his steps where she had paused. The sound of his heeled leather shoes, clanking noisily around the room.

"If that's what you wanted, then I'll be forced to get rid of him in my own cruel ways." 

"W-What do you mean?" She stuttered, a blast of confusion lurking in her teary eyes.

He chuckled. "Yeah, how could an outsider like you know what this company is like during closed doors." Hannah frowned at him. 

"You know...I'm just letting you know that I'm capable of making his career disappear in one snap of my fingers. I could take away everything he have worked for.
I could make his life sooo miserable to the point that he'll just give up, and what comes after? Hmm, severe depression? Addiction to illegal drugs? Or maybe...for the easiest way, he'll just commit suicide..."

"N-No...y-you c-couldn't do that." Her eyes widened in disbelief. Her fists balled up, trembling violently on her sides. She looked back at his viscous eyes painfully.

"Oh yes I could! And I know I would never fail, 'cause I've done it too many times before." He grinned evilly. "I'm the one who made him famous. I lifted him up, so why couldn't I bring him back to the ground again...perhaps, even deeper.."

Hannah stood there, her body was stiff but shaking. All the worst things came up to her mind, making her burst into tears as she broke down to her knees. 

"And so.." He continued. "I'm giving you a week. Split up...go away and get lost." 

His last words haunted her in the most dreadful way. 

She was helpless...