Drunk

{SHINee} Lee Taemin - One Last Wish(BOOK 2)

[Taemin]

"Uhm, hyung I'll wait outside."

That was all I said before I stormed my way out. My chest pounded as I settled in the lobby. I couldn't believe it. It's been 3 years after she left me, and I have somehow lose hope on seeing her again. But now, we meet for the first time in along time.

My hands felt cold. And cold sweat were rolling down my forehead despite the chilly place. I can completely remember what we had back then. It was beautiful, but tragic. It was something that I treasured until now. And I wonder if she feel the same way.

"Hey, I'm sure you recognize her."

I didn't knew Onew was already sitting beside me until he shook my shoulder.

"Why didn't you greet her huh? I thought you've completely moved on, Taemin-ah." He gave me a mocking smile.

"I was just shocked hyung. Nothing more." I defended.

"Okay. I'll hold on to that." He said with a hint of sarcasm.

He's never gonna let me through this. I knew he'll be telling the others that I ran off like a scared little boy when I saw Hannah. So, I stood up with confidence as I glared at his taunting expression.

"Watch." I said as I made my way back to Hannah's office.

"Bye maknae!" He called but I didn't turned back. I wanted to prove to myself too, that the feeling I have once felt for her, have already died. But it's as if I was walking into a cliff, when I finally knocked on the door.

There was no answer so I invited myself in. I found her standing beside the table. She looks like she was preparing herself to leave, but she paused when she turned at me.

The door closed as I made a couple of steps closer.

"Sorry for being rude earlier. I didn't know it was really you...Hannah-ssi." 



 

[Hannah]

"T-Taemin..." My voice hitched when he smiled at me.

He came back. Why did he came back? Why is he talking to me now? In my thoughts, I was begging for him to leave. I wasn't ready for this. I wasn't even expecting in seeing him again.

Witnessing how he have gotten a lot more gorgeous, I was bewitched by seeing him upclose again. I was deceived by the look in his eyes. And the lowness of his voice that captivated me, every time his lips move to make a sound.

"So how long have you been working in here?" He asked while casually taking a seat. The closest seat to me.

Since I was completely drawn away from my plans of acting indifferent towards him, I decided to take the seat next to him. Daring myself to face the edge.

But I suddenly regret it when I was able to smell his scent, that made my mind disoriented for a moment.

"Almost a year." I answered while sitting tensely.

"A year already? How come it's the first time seeing you here? I've been here more than once."

He was completely acting normal. The opposite of what I was involuntarily doing. Like looking around the room instead of making eye contact with him.

"Maybe I wasn't the one assigned for you at that time." The tight enclosure made the trembling of my voice so audible. Am I too obvious? I thought about it while my palms began to sweat.

What we had in the past was already 3 years ago, yet I'm still acting like a high-schooler fangirl with flushed cheeks.

"Oh well." He nodded his head. "It's 6 in the evening. Have you eaten already?"

I was about to tell him I was preparing to leave because they were my last clients for this day, but he suddenly turned at me with brightening eyes.

"Let's eat together. I know a perfect place. So, what do you say?" He offered with an inviting look.

"I-I...c-" I couldn't. Jimin and I have planned to eat dinner together in his favorite restaurant. I should really tell him about my boyfriend. But my tongue curled in the back of my throat. And before I could force myself to reject his offer, my head was already nodding in agreement.
 

***
 

"Hahahahahahah! Oppa~! Aisshhh, my tummy hurts!" The bare place was invaded with my loud laughters again.

I stumbled off my chair while laughing my head out. We were drunk. And he was running to one corner from time to time, to vomit. Instead of worrying about him, I was nearly tearing out from laughing. Because I remember him boasting on how he have been 'immuned' to alcohol, just before he started puking.

"Yah! Wait until it's your turn!" He went back with me in the table while taking wobbly steps. His wasted face was so funny that I almost choked from forgetting how to breath.

It's a relief we're alone in the restaurant's rooftop. And people wouldn't see us messing around the place. We haven't really planned on getting drunk. We went here with a plain reason: to eat dinner.

But the awkwardness between us wasn't getting any better so we agreed to have a little drink. But it just ended up to ordering more alcohol until we can't stand still in one place.

"Heyyy...I'm glad you have awaken from that accident 3 years ago. I could have never experience times like this with you again." I stated when I finally refrained from laughing. But I was now smiling hysterically at him, fixing my eyes on his still faultless face.

I watched him gulp the remaining shot of beer before leaning closer, across the round table. He stared at me while mirroring the wide grin on my face.

"I woke up for you." He chanted. And it almost sounded so magical except that he frowned afterwards.

"And then when I opened my eyes you weren't there anymore?! Aishh! How could you do that?!" He yelled jokingly at me. But somehow, a glint in his eyes told me that he was serious.

I suppressed a laugh. "Oppa..I'm sorry for that. I wasn't really expecting that you can still live, so I left you. Hahahahahahah!"

I was laughing with my own joke. And he was echoing chuckles before me. We were already playing around, doing silly things, mentioning unrelated matters, making ourselves die in laughing, even though nothing was really that humorous.

And it's amazing how we easily drifted back to feeling comfortable with each other again.

The skies were dark and we weren't surprise that it could rain anytime. So when we feel the beginning drops of rain, we decided to call it a night. A perfect night, I should say.

I fixed his glasses and mask on his face when we made our way out of the restaurant. He have drunk a lot more than what I consumed, so being his body supporter is highly expected.

I held my shoulders under his arm, while my arm was wrapped around his back. It was the first time I've went this close to him after years. And it wasn't foreign to me at all. It seems that I have somehow come back to a place called home.

He was leaning almost all of his weight to me. And the fact that I was holding my heavy suitcase, and I was still wearing my office heels, made me excellent in keeping my balance and strength.

"Nuh-oh. You're not using your car you pabo!" I remarked when he pulled me to where he was parked.

"Huh? Why not?" He turned at me, his eyes blinking in slow motion.

"Look at your face so you'd know!" I pointed out. "We're taking a cab."

I hailed a cab and we both went in the backseats. I thought I wasn't forgetting anything that I decided to close my eyes for a moment. But the driver suddenly asked me where we are going.

Yeah I forgot to think of that. I turned to Taemin. He was already sleeping in a weird position. I wonder how he managed to sleep with his head banging the back of the driver's seat from time to time.

If I get him to his dorm myself, no that's absolutely not a great idea. I thought. So I decided to take him to my place, before thinking of a way to get him home safe.
 

***