Tearful Pages

{SHINee} Lee Taemin - One Last Wish(BOOK 2)




***6 days later***

 

Hannah shuffled smoothly in her bed. Stretching her arms to feel the bare space beside her, she was surprised to wake up without Taemin by her side.

Her chest began pounding fast. She quickly got up, putting a robe on before running downstairs. She was anxiously scanning the place of any sign of him.

Did he left for work already? A sinking feeling swarmed inside her. She hates it when he suddenly disappears because of his busy schedule. She hates the fact that she couldn't be always with him in her remaining time.

Then, suddenly, she heard noises coming from the kitchen. A sigh of relief went through her lungs. She smiled to herself. 

She's been acting so pathetic lately. Like a little puppy trailing behind its owner all the time. She sure is positive of separation anxiety. She wouldn't mind clinging onto him every single second of the day.

She peeked secretly on the kitchen's doorway, smiling in awe when she found her gorgeous boyfriend in her pink flowery apron. He was cooking on his own, running around the kitchen floor, moving clumsily from one corner to another. 

A large cook book, spread in front of him as he tossed bits of ingredients into the cooking pan. Casually yelping in panic when the food in the other pan started to burn out. 

Hannah couldn't help smiling at Taemin's adorable pursuance in cooking. He's been telling her lately that he wanted to take cooking classes to be able to cook tasty food for her in the future.

She decided to step in. Suddenly hugging him tightly from behind, he jumped in surprise.

"Oh! Jagiya, you're up already? I should've started earlier huh?" He murmured. Still absorbed in his cooking, he placed a quick kiss on her cheek. 

She giggled, peeking over his shoulder to see what he was cooking. She smiled. She could barely recognize what kind of recipe it is, but she swear she could see hearts coming out of it.

"Hmmm, oppa that looks delicious.." She said, gaining a shy smile from him. 

She then noticed the fresh cuts on his bony fingers. Looking at the reddened corners on his hands, she suddenly felt like tearing up. Touched by how Taemin was doing things he'd never done before, just for her.
 

After he was all done, he turned to face her. He kissed her for a moment, before he led her to the dining room. He pulled out a chair and made her sit on it.

"I'll be back with your food, beautiful." He gave her a charming wink before trailing back to the kitchen.

Soon, he returned with a loaded tray of food. Not wanting to break anything again, he carefully placed each plate on the table. 

While he was filling their glasses with juice, Hannah noticed his clothes. He was fully dressed. And it seems like he's leaving for an early schedule again. 

Taemin sat across her. He immediately places food on their plates. 

"You're leaving again aren't you?" Hannah's saddened expression worried him. 

He wasn't sure if he should nod. He knew it's going to get her upset again. If he could only skip on his schedules freely, he would've never showed up to any of it. But right now, he needs to, in order for his plans to succeed. 

"Ah~ Don't worry Jagi, it wouldn't take long. I'll be back tonight." 

He smiled brightly, drawing her attention to a spoonful of egg rolls which he was moving to her pouting lips to feed her. She couldn't resist him with those eyes, fluttering beautifully at her. She took the food in and started chewing.

Taemin's waiting eyes remained at her. "What? Delicious?" He asked excitedly.

She crunched her eyebrows, acting like she's in the middle of an internal battle. She made him quite nervous in the way her face went sour.

"Oppa.." She began. Taemin looked at her in wonder. "I'm afraid the food is more delicious than the one who cooked it." She stated before giggling. She was brightening up again, making Taemin relieved.

He nearly choked before laughing with her. He doesn't know if what she just said was a good thing or not. 

"Ahh...so you're trying to say I'm not that good in bed." He glared at her intensely with full cheek pouches. She laughed hard, almost throwing her food back to her plate. 

They continued eating happily. But that topic just kept on bothering Taemin until the time that he was all ready to go. 

"Tonight I'm gonna prove that I'm more delicious than any food you've tasted." He said breathily, smirking and bouncing his eyebrows mischievously at her. 

He had completely blown out her mind before he stepped out of her house and left.

-

While waiting for Taemin to come back, she was having a hard time making herself comfortable in her own house. Time was chasing her, sprinting behind her walking figure. 

She couldn't do anything about it. She could only wait until it reaches her and wreck her into horrendous little pieces.

She sighed in frustration, pulling out her little diary from a drawer in her room. She's been recording happenings on her final week with him. Looking through the past days, they've already made a lot of wonderful memories together. 

They have secured their own love padlock in Namsan Tower. They went skiing and went to a hot spring together. They even went to night markets during the ungodly hours of dawn just to avoid too much people. 

But this day, she thinks it was the simplest, yet the most special one.

Her smile faded when tears brawled out of her eyes. She held a pen and started writing on her diary.

"Today, Taemin oppa tried his best to cook me food despite his busy schedule. 
I made him believe that it's very delicious. 
How couldn't it be, when it's the last thing he could ever make for me..."