Keep it a secret VII

+.+ Season Changes +.+ [Hiatus]
Jiro stopped his singing and turned to Arron.

"Can't find her?" He asked with concern.

Arron shook his head and continued with his composing. It had been quite some time since that incident. Arron was not a bit regretful about making friends with Rainie. He still believed that he had made the right choice. Now, he no longer needed to hide at some place and observe Rainie. He could wave and smile to her like he did to anyone else.

But he could not deny the fact that he missed her, very much. Ever since she ran off that day she seemed to have vanished. He could not find her anywhere in the school. That girl, apparently knew how to hide herself well. Arron had given up searching for her and instead, he suddenly appeared to have inspiration and began his composing job. Day and night, he would scribble on the papers furiously and play a few notes on the piano. Jiro had never seen him so concentrated before.

"That whatever balcony, did you go today?" Jiro asked again.

Arron nodded, without even looking up at Jiro.

Each day Arron would make a trip to that place, in hope to see her day. However each trip ended with disappointment. He guessed that she must still be angry with him. Yet what else could he do? He could not even find her to explain.

***

The day finally came. Jiro bit his lips nervously as he waited backstage. It was the finals and he could not make any mistake. The previous contestant ended his performance with a "thank you" and a sincere bow before leaving the stage.

"And now we shall have our next contestant, Jiro Wang and his pianist, Arron Yan!" The host read from his paper.

The two young men walked to the middle of the stage, gave a bow before getting into their positions. Arron was equally uptight. He certainly would not want to spoil his friend's performance with any error in the music he played. He closed his eyes, took a deep breath and began his piece. Surprisingly, the moment his fingers touched the keys, his hands were no longer trembling anymore. The beautiful music played by Arron, coupled with Jiro's awesome singing, finally won the audience's cheers and applauses. It was a successful show afterall.

"Guess what's that in my hands? Yes, that's what you all have been waiting for! The results!" All the contestants stood on the stage, each putting on their best smile, hiding their anxiety.

"The first prize goes to..." Jiro gulped as the host went on to announce the overall winner. He was one of the few to
be left on the stage and only one of them could clinche that trophy and $3000.

Arron, who was standing beside Jiro, on the other hand, was not exactly worried about the prize. Although he also hoped that Jiro would win, he was not in the mood. That was because he happened to spot one girl who looked so much like Hebe. There she was, sitting at the very back row, staring at the people on stage. Her eyes scanned through every contestant before landing on himself. Yes! It was her! Arron recognised her straightaway, once their eyes were in contact with each other. Hebe looked startled. She knew Arron had spotted her. "Oh no." She mumbled to herself and decided to leave before he could catch up with her.

"Jiro Wang Dong Cheng!!!" The host exclaimed and gave an exaggerated surprised look as he handed the trophy to Jiro, who had his mouth wide open.

"Thank you... I, oh, I dunno what to say! Firstly I would like to share this honour with my best friend... Arr... Arr... Arron?" Jiro was about to hand the trophy to Arron when he discovered that his best pal was nowhere to be found.

***

Phew! Finally finished one chapter! Ahh... my legs are numb... lol maybe I sat in front of the com for too long... okay I shall get up and walk around before sitting down for the final chapter! ((:

1.1.07 (I just love this date... somemore today is Monday...so nice~~ okie nevermind me... i'm crazy that it's '07... heh)