Leave me alone! VI

+.+ Season Changes +.+ [Hiatus]
The two youngsters ran as fast as they could to somewhere too far for the gangsters to catch them. Heaving heavily, Jiro slumped onto the ground. He had not run that quickly for quite some time. Meanwhile Sunnie leant against the wall and blushed. It was the first time Jiro had held her hand. Usually it was Sunnie who put her arm those Jiro's and never the other way round.

"Wah... that guy is sickening!" Jiro commented, interrupting her thoughts.

"I can't believe you didn't get what he was talking about just now..." Sunnie laughed as she recalled Jiro's comical expression when he realised the "work" that the gang leader was referring to was being a gigolo.

"Hey you...!" Jiro wanted to refute but he had nothing to argue back. "But why are you in debt?" He attempted to change the subject so as to hide his embarrassment.

It was silence before she spoke, "Nothing." What could she say? That she borrowed the money to receive training abroad? She would be scolded for not letting him know!

***
[Flashback]
***

"Sunnie!" The coach called out for her after her dance practice had ended. "I have an application form here. It's this Aurora Arts School registration form. I believe you know this school don't you? It has the reputation of producing good dancers and these dancers are usually the cream of the crop. They have decided to open up their choices this year and they are going to select 2 students from the Asian region. I think you have potential to become a top dancer and I suggest you go for the audition. Never mind if you don't get it in the end. I just want you to gain some experience. It would do you good."

Sunnie was speechless for a moment. It was a golden opportunity. Aurora was her dream school and she had longed to see the other top dancers dance. Now the chance was placed just right in front of her. How could she not grab it?

"However, this is only an audition. So our school will not sponser you on this trip to Britain. In terms of fees, you'll have to settle yourself. No matter what, I strongly encourage you to go for it. It'll be definitely an eye-opener for you." The coach carried on.

Sunnie's hope immediately diminished the moment she heard the news. An air ticket would have cost her a bomb, since she did not have much savings. Furthermore she had to bring some extra money to survive in such a big country. How on earth could she get the money to go? Or maybe she should not go. Afterall, it would be waste of money if she did not get in and she was quite certain she was not that capable of doing so. Yet, she knew, deep in her heart, she yearned to visit that dream school of hers.

Faced with such a dilemma, she was at a lost. Should she go or not? Yes! She knew what to do! Jiro could her solve her answer! He was formidable. He would definitely make a decision for her!

***

She gave a small cold laugh. The only thing that Jiro said to her was to leave him alone. She thought it out finally. She should not keep bothering him for such small matters. Thus she went to borrow from the gang leader so as to buy the air ticket. For the subsequent days she had taken up several part-time jobs in order to repay the debt. It was left with 2 more days before the day of audition. She had to finish repaying her debt before flying off to Britain. Yet she was left with that stupid $3000. Once she earned enough $3000 in 2 days. She would be able to fly off with no worries.

"What's with that cold laugh?" Jiro hated it when Sunnie acted cool. It made her look cold, totally not her self.

"Nothing."

"You haven't answered my question yet!" Jiro pressed on. Sunnie never showed a troubled expression in front of him before. He always thought Sunnie was a girl of no worries.

"I said nothing! It's none of your business alright?" She shouted at him.

Jiro was taken aback. Sunnie must have been possessed to have shouted at her idol. But he cleared his throat and said softly,"What's troubling you? Tell me, I'll try to help you."

Tears welled up in her eyes. Why did he have to be so gentle now? Why couldn't he speak to her like that earlier? Why must he be so nice only when she had to leave 2 days later?

"Just... just... just leave me alone won't you?" He better leave, she was on the verge of crying.

"Tell me. What can I do? What can I do to help you?" The tone was so gentle and tender.

But she was still angry with him. "You wanna help me? Okay. Come up $3000 within this two days. Thanks for you help in advance!" With that she ran away without bidding farewell like she used to.

***

Long chapter I hope~! ((:

17.3.07