Keep it a secret VI

+.+ Season Changes +.+ [Hiatus]
The next day Rainie was in high spirits, after all the coaxing from Mike. Smiling, she walked towards Hebe. "Hi Hebe! I know it's been quite some time, you may have forgotten. But if you happen to remember... would you mind describing to me the guy who gave me purple flowers last time? That time when we performed in school? I thought it was... hah,I thought it was someone else but that person told me it was not... so I would like to know who is he..." Hebe was not feeling comfortable with Rainie, after the incident that happened the previous day. She badly wanted to keep it from her but somehow she pointed out to her, reluctantly. Hebe knew it was cruel but she hoped that Arron would wake up from his dreams and give up.

Rainie looked in the direction that Hebe had pointed. She saw a cute Arron sitting by himself. He seemed to be waiting for Hebe. She smiled again. Her secret admirer!

"Hi!" She greeted him earnestly. He first looked surprised and then slowly he gave a nod. Rainie started again, "Are you the one who gave me the purple roses on that night when we performed in school?" He nodded again. "Thank you so much! How do you know that's my favourite roses?"

Silence.

Rainie pondered. Why wouldn't he say a thing? Wasn't he her admirer? Shouldn't a fan be excited and tell her how much he loves her dance? Even if she had made a mistake, he could have told her that he was not the person who gave her the flowers! How could he be so rude!

He started scribbling on a small notebook and tore out a piece, holding it in front of her. It said, "Sorry I can't speak."

"Oh...oh my god! You're dumb! I mean, you're a mute! I mean... oh my god... I'm so sorry I don't know what I'm saying!" Rainie chanted. She was totally at a loss.

It was not until Arron calmed her down by giving her assuring nods that she began to speak normally. "Oh I see. It's okay if you can't, erm, you know, speak. We still can be friends! I love making friends! No matter what kind!" Rainie became friendly again, just like her usual self.

Hebe, who was sweeping the floor, heard her words and almost dropped her broom. No matter what kind? Who's she kidding? Didn't she just say she won't even want to get near autistic children yesterday?

Unable to control her anger, she dashed towards Rainie and Arron. "What are you saying? Hah! Can you just drop that act? I thought you hate all those kids who can't communicate properly? And now you are pretending to befriend him? What's your motives? To let others know that you're a kind soul? That you accept anyone, even those with disabilities?"

"No, Hebe, it's not like that..."The princess explained. There she went, staring at Hebe with those pleading eyes that meant to soften one's heart.

But Hebe was not so easy to deal with. If it had only been her who discovered the true colours of Rainie, she might have let it go and not pursue the matter. Afterall she would not care whether Rainie look down on anyone. However, this time for Arron, Hebe just had to intervene. She would not let that girl cheat her friend's feelings. Arron could not go out with that kind of girl!

"I think there must have been some misunderstanding between us. I really do want to make friends with this guy over here..."

"Stop pretending!" She would have slapped her if not for Arron, who held her back and signaled her to stop. He shook his head, indicating that he disliked the way Hebe behaved. Then, he turned to Rainie and bowed deeply, apologising.

"What are you doing?"Hebe was boiling in anger.

Arron ignored her and stretched out his hands while Hebe widened her eyes in disbelief. Rainie was shocked initially as well, but she shook it firmly anyway, glad that her admirer was not at all affected by Hebe's nonsense.

***

Hebe could not take it anymore and had dashed off to somewhere remote. She eventually settled down by a tree. It was maddening! "What's Arron that idiot doing? How could he befriend her? She's only pretending and he believed her!" Hebe thought to herself. "That's it! I washed my hands out of it! He can make friends for all he wants! He can continue dreaming about his date with Rainie!" She blabbered on until she cooled down.

The wind blew and Hebe felt the breeze. She took in a deep breath. It was amazing indeed, that she could shout at Rainie, the princess of the dance club. She never thought she could do so. There was no reason why she should, especially when Rainie was such dear, a darling to everyone. No, there was. There was a reason why she had done so. It was him. She found out. She had fallen in love with that guy. The guy who could not even speak. Yet he managed to find himself a place in her heart. That was what made her change. She realised, that after meeting him, she was not as depressed anymore. She started to think positvely and did not think about her leg as much. She giggled softly to herself as she recalled the times they spent together at that balcony, the lame jokes that he came up with and the quiet times they had together.

But... did he feel the same way as she did? Probably not. He only loved Rainie didn't he? He just treated her as a friend and now he might even dislike her for scolding his idol.

She sighed.

***

Whoo~! Just now when I went online Winglin was down... so I was like, aiyah, cannot read stories le... but fortunately when I checked again it's okay le!
So I just thought maybe I shall post my next chapter... or else I dunno when Winglin's going to have any problem again. Anyway the story's ending already... So I am going to the next member soon~~ HOWEVER, like most authors, school is DEFINITELY reopening, so I suppose I won't be able to update as often too. BUT BUT BUT I will still try to update so long I have the time, so continue to read this fanfic okies? ((:
Okay lah! Less than 9 hours to a brand new year... shall wish all an advanced Happy New Year first...
Later in the evening got the countdown party... going to watch the TV and keep a look out for Fahrenheit! Hahaha...
Alright, yes I just found out that I'm getting more and more nagging and crappy... so I better stop talking nonsense now... Jyaa ne!

31.12.06 (Last day of 2006)