Leave me alone! III

+.+ Season Changes +.+ [Hiatus]
It had been a stressful week for Jiro. His singing examination was coming up and his teacher placed high hopes on him. He was one of the best students in the class and he certainly did not want to disappoint his teacher or even himself. In addition, he got rejected for the 10th this year. That girl named Cyndi apparently had declined his invitation to the pub as their first date. All that pressure made him really hot-tempered and everyone who knew him tried their best to stay away from him, as far as possible.

Of course with the exception of Sunnie. That silly girl went to look for Jiro again but unfortunately Jiro was suffering from severe mood swings at that time.

"BOO! Guess who I am?" She covered his eyes from the back, giggling.

Jiro pried off her hands, shouting, "What the hell were you trying to do?"

"You're such a wet blanket!" She pouted like how she always did. However, this time round that did not soften Jiro.

"Why are you here again? Can't you see I'm in a bad mood? Why are you still pestering me?"

"I...I'm here to... console you! I know Cyndi dumped you... or rather, she rejected you... but that's not the first time... I told you it won't turn out well but you didn't believe me... see what happens now? You're the one being hurt! It's the 10th time already... it's time that you give up... well, maybe you can try observing the surroundings around you... there maybe someone who truly cares about you...??" Obviously she was referring to herself.

"You call that consoling me?" Jiro stared at her in disbelief.

"Yah! That's my way of consoling you! And guess what? I brought your favourite char siew buns!! They're steaming hot! Come! Let's finish them all together!" Sunnie said as she opened the lunch box right in front of Jiro.

That did not seem to please him and he pushed the lunch box away.

"Just... leave me alone!"

With that he went off while Sunnie stood on the spot, stunned. For a moment she thought there were tears in her eyes but she quickly blinked them away. Taking a deep breath she squatted down to pick up the scattered buns and lunch box.

***

It was a few days later that Sunnie went to look for Jiro again. However, this time she was not carrying any lunch box. It was not an usual visit. She was not even carrying a smile as she walked towards the recording studio where Jiro was recording some songs.

Meanwhile Jiro was having a hard time trying to perfect his singing. His teacher was extremely strict with him. While he was having his break, Sunnie dashed into the recording studio.

"Jiro."

Jiro turned, only to see Sunnie with a faint smile on her face.

"Jiro, I've something..." She started.

"Look, I'm really busy here. I have absolutely no interest in listening to what you;ve to say... so please go!" Jiro got impatient.

"I..."

"Would you please go away?"

"No, Jiro..."

"Leave me alone!"

That's it. The three words managed to stop her from trying again. She took one last glance at him and walked off without bidding farewell like how she would do each time they parted. Jiro stared at her back as she walked. Strangely he started to feel guilty and sad at her disappointed expression. She was not her usual self, he should have noticed. There was something wrong but he was too self-centred that he had not attempted to listen to her. If only he had rushed forward to listen to what she had to say, if only his teacher did not call for him, things might have changed.

***

I hadn't updated for quite some time right? Well, i guessed no one reads my story now... but I'll still update! Haha...

20.1.07