Keep it a secret I

+.+ Season Changes +.+ [Hiatus]
He clapped furiously as she finished her performance with a bow. As usual she performed her best, never disappointing her coach and friends. She was always that stunning, always stealing the limelight. He smiled widely, staring at her back as she rushed to the backstage for the next group performance.

Rainie. The first and only girl that captured his attention. He loved her dance, her graceful movements and that air of elegance she carried with her wherever she went. Yet it was her smile that made him fall in love with her. It was a smile that could melt one's heart, a smile so pure and genuine, that could even cheer a person up. He wished he could see her smile everyday and oh! How he wished he could be the one to bring that smile to her.

That was, of course, all part of his imagination. Many times he had tried to approach her, in the hope of befriending her but each time he resigned. He could not deny he was a coward. Each time he backed out he regretted deeply but all he could do was to watch other young men approach his beloved with ulterior motive. He would get angry at those who obviously were a toad after a swan and upset when he saw Rainie chatting happily with those young men.

Why couldn't he bring himself forward? Maybe she would smile at him like how she did to most people. Maybe she would start talking about herself and sharing the little stories she had during her dance practices. Maybe they had many things in common and they might become really good friends. He could even play his favourite piece for her! He had heard that Rainie loved to listen to piano pieces.

Yes! He should grab hold of that opportunity! He knew the secret door to the backstage. He could just stand there and wait for her to get out. Once she got out he would pass her the purple roses he had prepared for her and she must be very happy!

With that optimistic thought he got out of his seat and went to that secret door quietly during the break. He stood by the door, anticipating the arrival of his idol. He took a sniff of the flowers. How sweet!

Just then, he heard the door creaked. "Oh my god, is it her?" His heart pounded as the door widened. He saw a shadow, it looked like a female. Taking a deep breath, he bowed and stretched his hands out, exposing a bouquet of roses.

"Uh..." The female voice was uncertain. He felt the flowers being accepted but he still did not dare to look up.

"For Rainie I suppose?" The girl asked.

He looked up finally, only to see a girl with her hair tied up in a bun, standing awkwardly in front of him. Apparently she knew he had presented the flowers to the wrong person.

"I'm sorry but no one's supposed to come here, not even during break," she spoke in a serious tone, if the coach knew he had sneaked in both he and she would be severely reprimanded. Yet, she could not help but notice how cute and shy the guy in front of her was. Being a nice girl, she decided to help that flustered-looking guy. "But I'll make sure the flowers reach her." With a wink, she smiled and closed the door, leaving a red-faced young man standing rooted to the ground, still embarrassed at his own mistake.

Strangely, he was relieved instead of being disappointed. He was glad, in fact, that it was not Rainie. If it was her, he might not have known what to do either. He laughed at himself.

"What a fool! So what if it's her? Does it matter? What can you say to her anyway?"

***

Okay that's first chapter! Hope you like it! Haven't announce who the young man is... ((:

21.12.06