Keep it a secret V

+.+ Season Changes +.+ [Hiatus]
Days passed and soon Hebe and Arron became really good friends. While Jiro kept himself busy with his singing practices, Arron managed to find Hebe to chat with. The balcony became their usual meeting place. They would communicate with each other through notes and sometimes some simple sign languages that Arron had taught Hebe. They would watch the dancers dance and sway with the music. At time as they were staring into the dance studio, Hebe could not help but notice that Arron's eyes were always on Rainie. He was obviously so captivated by Rainie's every single move and his eyes never left her.

"Erm... Arron?" She called out to him, who was still obsessed with watching Rainie's dance. "Arron?" She touched his shoulders, making him realise that she was still with him. He looked at her, slanting his head in a way that meant to ask her what's the matter.

"You like her very much, don't you?" She asked. He could only respond with the lowering of his head.

"I think she won't mind making friends with you." She encouraged him. Seeing him motionless, she added,"she's a very nice girl."

"Yeah I know she's a nice girl. But would she...?" He thought to himself.

"No problem. Just give it a try!" She had seen him through. She knew exactly what he was thinking and hence she tried to persuade him.

"Really? I should?" He wrote on the paper and handed it to her.

Hebe gave a nod and a determined look. "You can do it."

That very four words moved him. He was slightly puzzled. Jiro, his best friend, had attempted numerous times to get him to confront Rainie. No matter what method Jiro used it was useless on him. Yet Hebe's words were able to give him courage. Perhaps she was different. She could understand how he felt and even she said he could do it, why couldn't he give it a shot?

Arron smiled. Yes. He shall try.

***

Rainie struggled with her bulky bag as she walked out of the school. She was feeling extremely depressed. Everything had not been going smoothly for her. Her performance recently had not been up to standard, not to say her high expectations. Just a moment ago she had received a scolding from her coach. That was the first time she had ever been reprimanded. At that point of time she wished he was there but he was not.

"Stupid Mike! That idiot! He didn't even know I was being scolded, he didn't even care!" She grumbled out loud as she kicked the pebble on the road.

"Did I just heard someone cursing me?" A familar voice stopped her tracks. She turned, directly into the arms of her beloved boyfriend. Frankly speaking, she really loved his embrace. In his arms she could forget everything that had happened to her just now. Her heart would melt whenever he hugged her and coaxed her.

"You! You don't even know how much I've suffered! Where were you when I called you?" Rainie started whining. She would only do so in front of Mike because when he was not with him, she had to be a perfect girl.

Mike her hair gently, laughing softly. "Why? Do you miss me so much? I was at the autistic society just now. You know, I go there every week. But I swore I rushed over right away when I heard your voicemail!"

"What autistic society? Those kids with disabilities get more attention than me? Are you kidding? They can't even talk properly! I won't even want to get near them!" Rainie finally exploded. She knew Mike was a kind soul who wanted to contribute as much to the society but she was really mad at him for not caring her enough.

"Rainie..." Mike looked at her disapprovingly. She predicted him lecturing her again. Furious, she ran off and Mike had to chase after her.

***

Nearby the bushes rustled. Soon two figures were exposed. They had hidden in the bushes long time ago and had seen everything.

"So, she has a boyfriend. So, she hates autistic people. So... I see." Arron was disappointed. He had seen her true colours finally. She would never make friends with him. Why? She could not even accept autism, how would she ever befriend a mute?

Hebe felt deeply sorry for Arron. She never knew Rainie had a boyfriend. No one knew. Rainie had kept it so well. Neither did Hebe know that Rainie was such a person. she always thought Rainie was a caring person, one who would not despise anyone. She felt cheated, cheated by Rainie's appearance. So was Arron. The two friends stood by the road, low-spirited.

***

Haii... actually Rainie didn't really mean it lah... she was just upset... but unfortunately both of them happened to see her losing her temper. Heh...

30.12.06