Friends Forever? IV

+.+ Season Changes +.+ [Hiatus]
Stepping out of the theatre, Selina watched as the couples left with their arms linked together, discussing the funny parts in the movie. She did not even remember the title of the movie. The scene of her ex and his current girlfriend left her in a daze. She should not be feeling sad. She could not. She was no longer in the position to do so.

A drop of water fell on her face and slipped away, reaching the tip of her chin. She looked up. The sky was filled with dark clouds and soon rain came falling from the sky. She used to dislike rain because it made her dress wet and she had to run for shelter. Today, she thanked god for the rain. If she could not stop thinking of the painful memories, maybe rain could wash away the pain for her. People around her scurried off to get shelter, leaving her alone on the empty street, wandering aimlessly not knowing where else to go.

Her heels clicked as she continued strolling down the road. The cold water hit her forcefully but she could care less. There was something inside her that hurt more than the rainwater’s attack. Her lips curled a little. She never knew that being in the rain could bring such bliss No wonder Chun used to say nature is the best gift. The tiny smile vanished instantly. One of her heels was suddenly caught in the crack of the pavement. Sighing, she lifted her leg and tried to get it out of the crack, only to break it eventually and sprain her ankle in the process.

In the past, when she sprained her ankle, she would pout and call herself unlucky but she would not cry. She was a strong woman who believed that tears were meant only for the weak. Tears would not solve any problem but to bring nuisance to others. What’s more, even if there was a problem she could not solve, there would always be someone who would stand by her and they could overcome the crisis together. There would always be someone who would carry her on the back when she sprained her ankle and buy her new shoes when her heels broke.

Selina’s face was wet from the rain and her tears. She was no longer strong. There was no longer someone who could help her up and carry her home. It continued pouring. The girl continued crying.

***

After sending Ella home, Chun walked on the streets and admired the scenery around him. There was nothing special about the streets. There were few people walking and scattered mobile ice-cream stands with their typical ringing bells hoping to attract some customers. The tress were swaying in rhythm due to wind and if one were to listen carefully one might hear the faint chirps from one or two birds which flew from one tree to another, hoping to find a suitable place for their nests.

It might look boring to one but Chun enjoyed it. He was a person who pursued simplicity. While others seek joy in money or power, he preferred simple things. He disliked complications. Tricky questions, internal conflicts, complex ideas were complications and he loathed them.

After ending 7 years of relationship with her, Chun had been thinking of her everyday. In the beginning, he would ask himself if he had done something wrong, or not enough. He would think back and attempt to find his own mistakes. A year passed by and she did not return. He became angry at himself for not doing well enough to keep her by his side and yet he still did not understand what had gone wrong. Another year passed and he grew impatient waiting for her to come back. He began to get mad at her. She could have at least given him a better explanation than just an apology. Two years later he knew he should give up. There was no point waiting for nothing. He listened to his close friends’ advices and went out with some girls. However, all of them broke up with him after some time. He had asked for the reasons. They all replied with the same answer.

“You’ve treated me very well, really. Just… too well.”

He could not comprehend. What had he done wrong? He catered to every single need. He paid for all the meals. He cut the large pieces of steak into smaller ones for them. He made sure they arrive home safely after each date. He did not get angry when they made a fuss out of small things. He did not even scold them when they told him they went out with other guys. He had become someone who kept pondering over the same question and grew frustrated when he could not get an answer. He knew, it was Selina who changed him.

That was probably the reason why Chun took pleasure in hanging out with Ella. He was seeing himself in her. Ella was a straightforward girl. She liked to speak her mind, bringing trouble to herself as her words sometimes offend narrow-minded people. Yet she would not regret what she said or what she did. Instead, she would argue with them and try to get them to understand her point. Chun had to pull her away and apologize on behalf of her, pacifying the other party. Ella would stare at Chun furiously before she stomped out of their dating venue, with Chun chasing behind her. Chun, on the other hand, seemed to have some magical powers that enabled him to calm Ella down every single time Ella got mad. Whenever Chun was perplexed, Ella would reprimand him for thinking too much. It was akin to few years ago when Chun cupped Selina’s face and told her that she was thinking too much.

Out of a sudden, the sky turned dark and soon it started raining. Chun opened his blue umbrella and decided to go home. Just as he turned round a corner ready to get into his car, a soft cry caught his attention. It was a girl sitting on the ground with her head down. Her body was shaking, either due to cold or sobbing. Nevertheless, it was a pitiful sight. Chun walked towards her and held out his hand.

“Hey, are you alright?”

The girl looked up and her eyes widened with shock.

***

She thought she would cry her heart out and then go on with her life the next day. However, someone had sheltered her from the rain and offered to help.

“Thanks for your help but I’d like to be alone here.” She had wanted to say that as she looked up. Yet when she looked up she went speechless.

The man in front of her was the man she desperately hoped to forget but unable to.

“Chun.”

***

I guess no one would think I'd update one chapter today. I’m even surprised by myself haha. It’s been a year (Again!) and I’m quite sure I’ve lost all my readers haha.

I’m so sorry towards the loyal ones whom I really love XP

Well I can only hope for a miracle that my readers are still on Winglin and haven’t forgotten about Season Changes… and that I have new readers coming in to take a look at my old fic (which was started few years back lol)

There were many times I felt like deleting this because I thought I was never going to update any chapter here but I simply can’t bear to give up this one… so I think I’ll still keep this account and TRY to complete it ;P

I really put in lots of effort for this chapter! My left was aching badly as I was typing the new chapters for my other fanfic but I really wanted to post a chapter tonight so here we go! This chapter is by far the longest for the Friends Forever series. I hope it can pacify you slightly? ((:

If someone’s reading my story, comment kay? I hope to get this fic alive while I’m still in the mood to write! ((:

LOVE YOU!

19.07.09