039

The Lonely Crab

The Thirty-Ninth Tale [M]


A young child—only six years old— stood still in the kitchen. His eyes wide and his jaw tight. His body was stiff and his ands were in fists. Pure fear struck him. Not able to comprehend the sight before him. His perfectly black straight hair was spoiled with a wet substance, which also covered his clothes and even on his soft cheeks.  

"He's cursed, I say! Rotten to the core!" 

Young Jaehyo was, almost entirely, covered in the red liquid that many feared. Blood stains coated his small body.

"He hasn't done anything wrong."

 The poor child was scared. Afraid. Terrified. 

"He killed his biological mother! Do you not call that wrong?!”

Flashbacks of a few minutes ago were still raw in his head. Loud yelling, wild thrashing and a piecing scream then silence. A limp body on the floor, surrounded by a thick puddle of raw blood. 

"No! Leave him alone! He's an innocent child!” 

Jaehyo's eyes were fixated on his mother. Her perfectly blonde hair was now sullied with the crimson fluid. Her lovely evening gown was now tarnished with a spill of red. Her perfectly sky blue eyes were wide and round. Fear was reflected by the look on her face.   

"He must be ceased!" 

A small tear ran down Jaehyo's soft peach cheeks. His head was throbbing with pain and his chest tightened. He ached like he never had before. He couldn't understand how this could happen. His mother was a loving and caring woman, who only wanted the best for him. Why was she the one who was being punished. 

The ajar door of the kitchen let in the numb winter air. Flakes of snow piled on the pristine tiles, adding to the mess in the kitchen. 

Jaehyo dropped to his knees. With his cheeks in his hands, the raven-haired boy bawled. Jaehyo jerked his head up when he heard a sound from behind him. A tall man in a navy blue uniform looked at the young boy; clearing knowing what had happened. Jaehyo was scared, he didn't know what to do. 

The man sighed before kneeling down. "Young Master Jaehyo," He spoke softly but with a firm voice. "You must leave. Find refuge somewhere else. You are no longer safe here." The uniformed man frowned slightly, empathises with the other. Jaehyo studied the man's face. He looked no more than thirty and had a remarkable scar, running from the end his left cheek to his bottom lip. 

Jaehyo's wet eyes widened. "Wha-What do you mean..?" The man stood up abruptly and pointed to the agape door. "Leave." The man took off his military looking jacket before placing it around the younger. 

Young Jaehyo blinked in surprise. He was about to say something before he was rudely interrupted. "But---"

"Leave!" At that moment, Jaehyo jumped up and ran to the door before looking back. Jiho bit his bottom lip before running off into the winter's night. With the man's jacket around him, Jaehyo wandered in the cold.  


Sorry for the late update, again. ;; 

Please comment guys! Give us motivation!