033

The Lonely Crab

The Thirty-Third Tale


Ara had no idea what annoyed her more; her crush who was currently and constantly throwing paper balls at her despite being in a class with a lecturing teacher, or the fact that said crush habitually stalked her like a hawk during school hours.

"Ara," he whispered with a lilt. "Open! Open!"

"Go die."

His lips contorted into a pout.

He ripped a piece of paper from his book and hastily scribbled a few words onto it. He threw it directly at the back of her head (again) for the thirty-seventh time that day.

Ara sighed in exasperation. Not wanting to be bothered any longer, she picked up one of the crumpled pieces of paper on the floor. 

She slowly opened the paper to view its contents.

Marry me? (ु*´З`)ू❣

She squeaked, her face paling. She started to sweat, then tremble uncontrollably.

She screamed, disrupting the whole class. She scrambled off her seat and towards the door, quickly slamming it shut as soon as she was out in the hallway.

Her loud footsteps could be heard from the inside of the classroom.

The young man smiled, having seen a glimpse of the distinct redness on her face. It was enough to make him content and give the poor girl a break; deciding to put his stalking hobby on indefinite hiatus.

"You! Yes, you! Explain to me what just happened—right now!"

His smile turned into a grin.

 

So totally worth it.