026

The Lonely Crab

The Twenty-Sixth Tale


A sea of black. Stoned faces. Tears flowing down their cheeks. 

A young boy stood next to a picture frame. In the picture stood a beautiful woman, with slim eyes and silky brown hair. 

The young boy, dressed all in black, stared at the floor. 

Another person slowly walked towards him, the man then bowed to the picture. Leo bowed his head in response.

The man stood back up and held Leo's shoulder. "Hang in there." He said. Leo didn't understand. There was no reason for him to be hanging on. 

The man walked away and there was a sudden cry. Leo heard his father in the next room. He wept for his loss. Who wouldn't cry if they lost their wife? Leo didn't.  He kept a straight face. 

Since the accident, Leo never shed a tear. He never smiled. He never laughed. He was nothing more than a statue. 

The young boy looked up and saw his father swaggering towards him. Leo bit his lip. He also hadn't seen his father since the incident. 

A heavy hand was placed on his shoulder. "Leo." Leo frowned at his father's husky voice. "It's okay, Leo. You can cry, it's okay." He didn't know what to do. The poor boy was afraid of his own father. 

His father shook him furiously. "Cry, Taekwoon!! Why aren't you crying?!?!" Leo's breaths began to shorten and became faster. "Jung Taekwoon!! Your father told you to cry!!!" 

A crowd of people had surrounded the two. Leo hated this. He hated attention. "No." He said softly. 

"What?" His father replied. 

Leo looked up at his father's weary face. Tears in the corners of his eyes. "You're not my father!" 

The young boy pushed the man aside and ran pass him. Doing so, Leo's father was pushed into his wife's picture frame. 

A beautiful creature fell to the depts of the unknown. 


I wrote this in the dark. idek. yea. Leo is precious ;u;