042

The Lonely Crab

The Forty-Second Tale


A slim figure swaggered into the dimly lit room. He slipped off his sneakers loosely and leant against the adjacent wall with a sigh. It wasn't important. It didn't matter. With a forceful lunge forward, Zico slowly rambled towards the couch— which was placed in the far corner of the room. 

Zico abruptly collapsed on the small couch in exhaustion. He casually ran his finger through his sleek blond hair, rethinking the same words over and over again. 

It doesn't matter. It's not important. 

How could it not be important? How could one's date of birth not be relevant? 

Zico sighed once more, blinking back the soft tears that were forming in the corners of his eyes. With a weak voice he began to sing. "Happy.. birthday to me," He sniffled softly, the tears were now effortlessly flowing down his from his eyes. ", happy birthday to me—" 

A sudden voice cut him off and threw Zico to sitting position. Another person began singing along with a merry tune. "Happy Birthday to Jiho-yah, Happy birthday to you!" Kyung stood there happily holding out a small white cake full of candles. 

Zico smiled delicately, not bothering to wipe the tears from his damp eyes. Kyung gently placed the cake down onto the coffee table in front of him before sitting next to the younger. "Happy birthday Jiho!” 

The blond boy swiftly lurched forward unexpectedly and engulfed the elder boy in a strong embrace. Zico sniffled loudly, allowing the tears to flow down his cheeks once more. 

The one person who remembered his birthday was the one person he loved and cherished the most. 

Zico pulled back slowly and hesitantly spoke. "Th-thank you, Hyung. Hyung.. " Zico paused for a moment as if he was trying to think of the correct words to say. "Kyung Hyung, I.. I really.." Zico sighed in frustration. Kyung just smiled warmly and placed his hand on the younger's shoulder. 

The elder leant forward slightly and simply said. "I love you too, Jiho." 


casually slips in my otp. I'M SO SORRY FOR THE AWFULLY LATE UPDATE. I PROMISED MYSELF TO WRITE THIS EARLIER BUT I JUST PROCRASTINATED. I'M SORRY ;A;

anyways happy birthday lil' bro.  e3e