036

The Lonely Crab

The Thiry-Sixth Tale


The train was late. Usually, it was early. A growing crowd became impatient.

The platform was now full of greedy seagulls; all wanting a place on the earliest train. Children locked hands with their mothers; husbands with their wives.

A young teen stood in the middle of the commotion, simply waiting. She knew this wasn't any ordinary train. It was a train to a better life.

What they didn't know, was that this life was not better for them, but better for the carnivorous goverment.

The young girl's silky hair flowed in the subtle wind. Her eyes glued to the ground. She knew. She knew where this train lead to.

Tears rolled down Yooyoung's soft cheeks. She clenched her fists on her dirty stained dress.

"Hey, look over here. You lost, beautiful? I can help you, I am a soldier after all." A man placed his hand on Yooyoung's chin, tilting her head up. His filthy smirk could be seen from miles away. Her wet eyes glared at the self-proclamed soldier.

"You're not a soldier. If anything, you are a low-life bastard." Yooyoung spat out her words. With an angered expression the man pushed her away.

Instead of falling to the ground, the fragile girl fell into someone's arms.

Yooyoung looked up at the man; he looked only a litle bit older than she was. He peered down at her with soft eyes.

"Are you alright, young Miss?" She broke, balling her eyes out onto his chest.

Yooyoung stuttered between her whimpers. "The t-train.. w-we're all..going to die." Her words faded out. The young man wrapped his arms around the brunet.

"It's alright.. you're not alone."


Yooyoung is flawless. Enough siad.