Chapter 2

Desire

Chapter 2

“This is crap.” Junjin commented as soon as Minwoo had unlocked the door with his brand new keys. Andy slammed his best friend’s shoulder and shook his head. “…in my opinion.” Junjin added.

Dongwan laughed and said, “This is the only apartment we could get with our money. There aren’t lots of places for a photographer and a stylist you know.”

Eric and Hyesung explored the living room and commented the walls and furniture to themselves. Junjin scoffed annoyed and crossed his arms onto his chest, watching Andy smiling widely as he entered the kitchen. He followed him and tuned out the giggles that came from Eric and Hyesung. It didn’t help, unfortunately, as they were extremely loud, but at least Andy was smiling.

“I love the kitchen.” The maknae sighed.

“You do?” Junjin lifted his eyebrows. “I think it’s boring.”

Andy shook his head and started opening and closing the cupboards. He was high; not in that kind of high but happiness high. And that made Junjin’s lips curve upwards too. Then Dongwan called all of them to the living room and told them to sit down.

“Okay guys,” Dongwan began. “We have four bedrooms in total. One for me and my sweetheart and one for a pair to share.” He continued and looked at Minwoo who nodded. “Now we were thinking and came to the conclusion that Hyesung and Eric share the first room.”

Junjin gasped shocked and spilled out, “But I wanna sleep with Hyesung hyung.”

The older men stared at the other maknae and chuckled. “Awww, our 28-year-old baby wants to sleep with his mommy bird.” Minwoo said. “But he can’t.” he continued.

Andy nodded at the hyung in acceptance and joined Minwoo and Dongwan when Eric and Hyesung were having a discussion of the large window at the back. Junjin was angry when Minwoo whispered that they really want Eric and Hyesung to share a room, because there was something, obviously, between the two. Andy responded saying it was a very good idea, but Junjin didn’t agree. But because he couldn’t tell the truth to his hyungs, he smiled and accepted the idea.

“Ok!” Dongwan clapped his hands. “We bought these awesome signs and some colours so we could put them onto the doors of our rooms.” He stated. “Right?”

“Yes!” Hyesung replied eagerly and grabbed a sign from Minwoo and put it down. Eric took a blue pencil and started writing. “NO!” Hyesung screamed and everyone turned to look at them in shock.

“What do you mean no?! I wrote your name correctly!” Eric defended himself.

“No, I mean…” Hyesung stole the sign and emphasised what Eric had done. “…why does this say ‘Eric and Hyesung’?” He asked seriously. “It should be ‘Hyesung and Eric’.”

Eric sighed and rolled his eyes, as he passed the pencil to his best friend and motioned with his hand that Hyesung can do anything he wants with the sign. And soon a cross was drawn over Hyesung’s name, and another one had been added over Eric. The older man put his hand onto his forehead, and exhaled annoyed. But Hyesung seemed happy with the sign and was able to build up a one brief smile onto Eric’s face.

“This is stupid.” Junjin bemoaned once he put the pencil down and discarded the sign onto the floor. Minwoo and Dongwan were sniggering alone in front of him, drawing a massive heart between their names. Meanwhile Andy hadn’t even written his name but was scribbling something onto the wooden piece. “What are you doing?” Junjin questioned, but Andy was so immersed that he didn’t hear the voice of his friend. “Aish, fine. I will go test the bed in my room.” The tallest guy mumbled and advanced his room at the back.

Dongwan pecked Minwoo onto the cheek and admired the beautiful sign, holding the other one’s hand tightly. Minwoo cuddled closer to the younger man and searched for the lips. He found them when Dongwan turned his head willingly and bit the upper lip hotly. Hyesung and Eric stared at the two, and blushed as soon as their hands brushed on the wooden sign. Andy was still doodling something onto his sign, when the hyungs stood up and hung their signs onto the doors.

“Minbongie jagiya~,” Dongwan lulled sweetly.

The said man sneered.

“We had the movie to catch.” The younger one murmured. “Tonight is our date night!” he sang and danced a bit.

“Ah, indeed.” Minwoo grinned and began to dig his pockets. “I bought you a keychain.” He announced happily and gave it to the man. “M as in Minwoo!”

Dongwan bit his lip and smiled, pecking the addictive lips as he thanked and they were ready to take off and leave the other residents alone. Andy was finally writing his name, when Hyesung turned towards Eric and looked down at his hands.

“Umm…” He commenced. “I was about to go buy some food,” he explained. “Do you want to come with me?” he interrogated.

Eric’s lips rose upwards. “I’d love to.” He answered and softly wiped his finger onto Hyesung’s cheek. “See you Andy…Jinnie!” Eric shouted, grabbed Hyesung’s wrists and they exited the apartment too.

As soon as Andy had finished, the doorbell rang. He stood up and scurried to the door. It was opened easily and soon he was hugged sternly. Junjin stepped out of his room and wrinkled his nose when Andy’s arms went over the big figure and the big figure kissed the neck. He halted his steps and waited for the repulsive show to end. And it did quite soon. Andy caught the hand of the tall figure and brought him to the living room.

“Hey!” The figure shouted. “Jinjin!”

“It’s Junjin.” Junjin and Andy snapped in unison.

“Oh, yeah.” The big guy mumbled uninterested as his hand d Andy’s quite hard. “What should we do today, sweetcheeks?” The man asked. “I feel like lazing around to be honest.”

Junjin snorted loudly and crossed the arms onto his chest. “Isn’t that what you always do, huh?” He replied rudely, and pretended he didn’t see the pout on his best friend’s lips. “And don’t call Andy sweet cheeks.”

“Hyung,” Andy shifted his gaze at the big dude. “We can…lazy around if you want.”

Junjin glanced at the maknae in aghast as if Andy was actually being serious. And for Junjin's shock, he was more than just serious. 

“Great.” The guy commented and jumped over the backrest of the new, used, couch and started browsing the channels of the television they hadn’t even installed yet.

Junjin tilted his head and irritated ogled at the man, and if Andy hadn’t dated him for couple of weeks now, Junjin would have hit him. He heard a heavy sigh behind him and glanced at Andy. But the maknae shrugged it off and proceeded to the couch, slumping down to the empty spot. Junjin would have had a lot of things to do at the local bar (mostly meeting some of his clients as a “home visit”) but he decided to stay home and hook up the first person that walked past their apartment.

                ***

Dongwan hadn’t any idea what the movie was about. It was distracting when someone was biting on your neck fiercely and at the same time the thighs. Since the commercials Dongwan had closed his eyes and thrown his head to the side so Minwoo could have had more room to bite. He had stopped for couple of minutes to enjoy the new movie of Leonardo Di Caprio, but as soon as the scene had gotten boring, he had found something much more interesting to do.

“Minbongie,” Dongwan moaned. “The movie ended.”

But Minwoo had no intentions to stop now. He was slowly advancing the lips and Dongwan was already anticipating the two soft lips to touch his. Minwoo grabbed the hand that was on the handle and brought the other one onto the cheek. Dongwan answered the kiss and made it as ravenous as he could. Then the lights and Dongwan retreated.

“Are you trying to get into the final base?” He interrogated.

Minwoo cleared his throat and flashed a fake smile onto his lips, pretending that he was not trying to get into the final base. It had been Dongwan’s idea to hold on the now that they had been together for 8 long years. And though their first time had been rather romantic, after that they hadn’t been able to get their hands off of one another.

But after Dongwan had realised that relationships needed also other things but just and kissing, he decided to have this thing where they’d only have on special occasions. To Minwoo that was the stupidest idea, because he couldn’t live with that. He tried for Dongwan, but it had been hard for six months now.

“If you are trying to get into the third base, can you please wait until we’re home?” Dongwan mumbled lowly and stood up from the comfortable chair.

Minwoo had never jumped so quickly from a chair before.

                ***

Eric was carrying two plastic bags while Hyesung had one. They were having short discussions about their new house and how they would decorate their room, when someone collided with Hyesung and the slender guy startled and stepped back.

“Ji Hoon!” He gasped.

“Hyesung! Wow! So nice to see you! It’s been so long, huh?” The man with damn gorgeous lips spoke.

Eric gritted his teeth when he glimpsed at Hyesung and he seemed smitten. There was nothing to worry about, Eric convinced himself, they have only dated once and it ended to a break up. This man will not get Hyesung again this time. Eric listened to the awkward chuckles that eloped from Hyesung’s mouth and watched the flirtatious look on Ji Hoon’s face.

“Who are you?” Ji Hoon interrogated when Eric stomped his foot loud enough to the ground.

“This is…umm…my—“

“I am Hyesung’s boyfriend.” Eric grabbed the reluctant hand into his and grinned pleasantly. “Eric. Nice to meet you.”

Ji Hoon leered at the tall man and scowled. Eric sensed Hyesung’s hand finally relaxing around his as he tossed his head around and quickly, without even proper thinking, he planted a kiss onto the chubby, soft cheek. Hyesung blushed, Eric froze and Ji Hoon bit his tongue to give something much more painful to endure. It was a nervous, intense and excruciating silence that descended.

“Well…” Ji Hoon initiated. “I will…leave you too at your date then.”

“Yes, please do that.” Eric hissed and dragged Hyesung away from the man.

As soon as they were far enough, Hyesung jerked his hand off and stopped, causing Eric to stumbled slightly on the street. Their eyes met and the older man could read the ones across him very well. Hyesung was furious. Not only had he embarrassed him, but lied also.    

“What the hell was that?” Hyesung snapped.

“I was saving you.”

“From what!? He isn’t dangerous. He is just an ex!” Hyesung asserted. “I don’t feel anything towards him anymore.”

Eric scoffed.

“What?”

“You were totally smitten.” Eric said. “I know when you are in love, Hyesung.”

Hyesung crossed his arms onto his chest and pouted angrily, tilting his head to understand Eric correctly. The older man wasn’t, however, going to talk. Hyesung didn’t know what he felt, but he wasn’t angry. He was disappointed…for some reason.

“If he had loved you and wanted to be with you, you’d still be an item.” Eric said. “He doesn’t see what I see Hyesung. He doesn’t see how wonderful you are and how beautiful it is to hang out with you. That guy is a jerk. He made a mistake when he dumped you. And I don’t like people who mistreat you. Wipe the page off from your diary where he is and write a new one instead. You deserve so much better.” He stated.

Hyesung’s heartbeat was loud. He knew it. But he didn’t care. He just looked at Eric and tiptoed. Eric cringed but stayed still when the mellow, rosy lips landed onto his cheek. Then Hyesung retreated, and smiled.

“There is someone in my heart.” He whispered. “And I cannot let him go.”

                ***

Andy tried to stuff his ears with the pillow. He did not want to hear the moans of happiness from the room next to his. He knew Minwoo and Dongwan were subtle and silent about their relationship, but that wasn’t being silent. The maknae turned over on his mattress and closed his eyes, squeezing the eyelids closed, and pressed the pillow harshly onto his ears. Then he rolled onto his back and growled, rushing out from his room to the other room that was next to his.

“Junjin!” He entered the room without permission and screamed as soon as his best friend was doing something extremely disturbing to some stranger. “I’m sorry!” Andy blushed and bowed, exiting the room as soon as he could.

Then the 27-year-old guy advanced the last room on the corridor and entered it, pouting cutely to the two guys on the king sized bed (they had pillows between them to block sudden movements at night). Eric lifted his head and blinked his eyes and Hyesung put the book onto the nightstand.

“The rabbit couple is at it…” Andy murmured.

“Oh, poor Andy!” Hyesung gasped and reached to the hand.

“So?” Eric chuckled amused. “You’re an adult man…”

Andy rubbed his hands and looked at the cosy spot between the two. Eric knew instantly what that meant as he shook his head. Hyesung, however, was already discarding the pillows to the floor and inviting Andy between them.

“I can’t sleep when Dongwan shouts ‘M is for master’.” He sighed. “I’d sleep in Junjin’s room, but he was having some pretty wild, quiet with a total stranger.”

Hyesung gave Andy a pillow and let the youngest guy sleep between them. Eric complained something before he stood up, grabbed his blanket, folded it onto the floor and lied down onto it. He didn’t even wish good night to Hyesung as he irritated his blanket and pretended to be snoring already. Sometimes he just hated the maknae and his adorableness.

“Good night, hyungs.” Andy smiled and fell asleep as soon as his eyes had closed in.