Chapter 8

Desire

I'm sorry. Not really progress...just...a chapter....there are some things going on, but yeah...meh..just wanted to update. :D 

 

Chapter 8

Hyesung sighed when Junjin pouted at the receding back of Andy’s. The new acquaintance Young Jae stared at the two and felt apologetic. Instead of saying something, he walked past the two and followed Andy. But Junjin and Hyesung cleared their throats and the tall guy turned.

 

“What?” He asked, snapping to the two. “You have no idea what he is going through. If you did, you would understand him. I just pulled him off a girl he had seduced while waiting for me at the bar. I don’t know what makes him act like that, but at least I am there for him.” He babbled. “I don’t know you, but what I have heard from Andy, has made me jealous.”

 

Junjin gritted his teeth and stepped closer, slamming his hands onto the collar of the man. Young Jae wrinkled his nose and scoffed, shaking the hands off of him.

 

“Fine.” Young Jae shrugged. “I will leave.”

 

And huffily he strode towards the door and banged it closed after him. As soon as Hyesung heaved another sigh, Junjin slumped down to the chair and broke down. Hyesung crouched down next to him and cupped the face, lifted it up and the cheeks. A smile appeared onto his face and Junjin felt the tears stopping to roll. Then Hyesung rose slightly and embraced the younger guy.

 

“Don’t worry,” he whispered. “He didn’t mean it.”

               

               The slender guy knocked the door with the artistic sign and waited. He knew Andy wouldn’t open the door to him, and so he entered without permission. Andy was playing his white guitar. It had always been precious to him, and he hardly ever touched it. But Hyesung realised that he only heard him playing it when he was sad; like when his father had left.

 

Andy turned his gaze at the door and then back at the guitar and fiddled the strings. Hyesung sat down next to him and the bed weighed. It caused Andy’s fingers to swelter and an unpleasant chord to echo around. The maknae closed the notebook he had open  in front of him and put the guitar down for a minute before he took a look at the hyung he sincerely trusted to.

 

“I meant it.” He spoke nonchalantly. “I am tired of our friendship.”  

 

“Why?” Hyesung asked. “You are hurting him. Can’t you see Junjin is in pain?”

 

Andy scoffed. “He is in pain? What about me, huh?” He questioned, sighing. “For years I have been following him around, saving him from dangerous situations, playing along if he needed it. For years I have been the best friend, hyung.” Andy explained.

 

Hyesung scowled, sitting properly onto the mattress now that the younger guy was opening up. He reached his hand onto Andy’s leg and it.

 

“I have seen him seducing people, using them, deserving every penny he has gotten from extra attention. I have seen him falling in love, breaking apart and letting go. And I have seen him happy and sad.” Andy stated, looking down at his hands. “I just couldn’t believe…”

 

“What?” Hyesung murmured.

 

“That I would fall.” Now the maknae lifted his gaze at him and those eyes were glimmering from sorrow. “I fell, hyung.”

 

Hyesung frowned as sadly as the maknae and slipped closer, lacing his arms over the shoulders and taking him into a tight hug. He closed his eyes and hoped that was enough. That was what he could offer now. Andy hugged Hyesung back and nuzzled his face on the shoulder.

 

“But that isn’t bad.” The older man chuckled. “People fall in love.”

 

“It is bad.” Andy sobbed, letting the tears flood. “He doesn’t love me. He doesn’t even look at me. I am only a friend to him. He only loves you.”

 

Hyesung startled and his jaw dropped. “He what!?”

               

                “Come on.” Andy said. “You knew. Everyone knows it. He has loved you for years now.”  Hyesung looked at the emptiness in the balcony while the cigarette was softly between his fingers. “And you know what he does every day…he is a playboy. He seduces his customers and random people…hyung, he isn’t my friend if I can’t handle what he is doing.” The words Andy had said to him before, were now constantly repeating inside his head. “I don’t want to hear him call your name…I don’t want to love someone who cannot answer me…that is why I called Young Jae hyung…and Eric hyung…He will never love me…because he only sees you.” He tapped the cigarette and sighed. "He sees everyone else but me."

 

Two pairs of arms went around him and a nose nuzzled on his neck. Hyesung exhaled for the umpteenth time and bowed his head down, clutching his hand against the united arms.

 

“I thought you tried to quit.” Eric said.

 

“I did.” Hyesung muttered, stamping the cigarette. “But I felt like smoking today.” He turned around and looked up at the older man.

 

Eric cupped the face and pecked the lips. “Is everything okay?” He asked and flashed a smile he knew would help Hyesung cheer up.

 

“Everything is ok.” The younger guy responded and leaned in for a kiss. “I just…Eric ah,”

 

The said man scorned, while rubbing the back.

 

“I think Andy is making a big mistake if he lets go of Junjin and hooks up with Young Jae.” Hyesung blurted out.

 

“Why?” Eric chuckled. “Andy told me he is nice. And what do you mean 'lets go of Junjin'?”

 

The younger guy looked into his man’s eyes and furrowed his eyebrows. Eric knew Hyesung wanted something when he did that.

 

“Seriously what is wrong?” The oldest man of them all interrogated.

 

“Andy is in love with Junjin.”

               

***

 

Dongwan and Minwoo were having a walk at the nearest park when Minwoo halted his steps and stopped Dongwan to his tracks. The younger guy looked at him madly as he had stretched his new scarf and scowled when Minwoo’s jaw dropped. Dongwan followed the gaze and shortly he froze.

 

“Aren’t those Eric and Hyesung?” Minwoo asked. “Am I seeing correctly? Are they making out?” he bombarded his confused partner with questions.

 

“Mmm.” Dongwan nodded bewildered. “They are.”

 

Minwoo clicked his tongue and nodded understanding, holding Dongwan’s hand normally again. Then they heard noise coming from the left side and they turned their heads. Junjin and Eunji were groping one another and having some intense staring contest going on. Minwoo shook his head when the two stopped and began to kiss. Dongwan was still processing the thing called RicSyung. And as soon as Junjin noticed the older men, Andy and Young Jae appeared from the side. Junjin closed his mouth and neglected them, supposedly admiring the trees. Andy tried his best not to break down as he shifted his body to Young Jae and kissed him.

 

Minwoo was bemused by everyone.

 

But no one gave a damn about them as Eric and Hyesung broke the kiss, turned and startled.

 

“Oh, .”