Chapter 5

Desire

Chapter 5

Hyesung stood up from the bed and walked out of the room. He knew everyone was out at this hour. Dongwan must’ve been out taking photos. Minwoo was probably helping some celebrity again. Junjin had clients till night. Andy had a day shift and Eric had something at the school too. Hyesung was alone as he had a day off. He exited the room and as soon as he had opened the door, he almost felt like turning and locking himself into the room again.

Apparently Eric hadn’t got any work today. Hyesung stepped next to the couch and noticed that Eric was sleeping. A smile crept onto his lips as his hand escaped into the hair and ran through it in a motion. He was smitten. But admitting it was difficult. Though, after the kiss, Hyesung hadn’t even thought of anything else. It hadn’t been even 24 hours yet!

Hyesung crouched down and stared at the sleeping face, slowly advancing it. And right as he was barely even touching the older man, Eric opened his eyes.

Hyesung jumped up, dropped a vase from the shelf he bumped to, and stumbled onto the small coffee table. Eric shrieked and leaped over the backrest, holding his rapidly rising chest. Their eyes met after they had calmed down and shortly the cheeks flushed dark red.

“I was just…” Hyesung muttered. “…trying to…ehm…wake you up.”

“Well, you…succeeded.” Eric stated.

They turned quiet.

“Err…” Hyesung continued awkwardly. “Nice weather.”

“Yeah…it is.” Eric nodded, looking out of the window.

Hyesung’s heart was beating as he cleared his throat, straightened the thigh part of his jeans and flashed a smile that was more than just awkward. Eric was clicking his tongue annoyingly and his hands tardily slid into the pockets.

“I…umm…” Hyesung voiced. “Gotta go!” he blurted out and ran out of the apartment, not knowing where to go.

                ***

Andy knocked onto his best friend’s door, holding the tray of food on his arms. He heard nothing as an answer as he sighed, turned the doorknob to try. The door was open. He sneaked in silently and halted his steps next to the bed as Junjin was just lying on his stomach, the hoodie over his head, the heavy breathing emitting. Andy heaved another long sigh as he sat down onto the bed and let the mattress mould under his .

“Jin…” He whispered. “I brought you food.”

“I’m not hungry.” Junjin mumbled and turned to the other side, his back facing the maknae. “Get out.” He commanded.

But Andy didn’t listen to him as he straddled the older man and forced him to get up. Junjin gave up to the smaller guy and sat up, the hoodie hiding the straggly hair. He was puckering his lips, looking at the best friend, who was pouting too. Andy took the plate of something he had prepared just for the man he hadn’t seen in couple of days. Junjin ogled when he lifted the chopsticks and led them in front of his mouth.

“I will feed you, babo.” Andy murmured. “Eat.”

Junjin knew he had no choice as Andy had prepared the delicious meal for hours just to get him eat something. But he wasn’t hungry. He was heartbroken. Though, every time Junjin opened his mouth and Andy said ‘aaah’ –while putting the chopsticks into his mouth- , Junjin had to admit it was the cutest thing ever. While Junjin had been chewing, the tears began to stream down his cheeks.

Andy stopped feeding as he put the plate down and moved closer to his best friend. He frowned sadly – the look Junjin hated to see on Andy’s face – and rubbed his hands on the upper arms. Then he hugged him and whispered, “Just cry.”

Junjin broke down even more as his arms went around the maknae and pulled the shirt he was wearing like a small child. Then he lied down and held the man by the waist even tighter than before. Andy the tangled hair and wiped off the tears, while Junjin was mourning his heart.

"Why don't we hook you up with someone?" Andy asked all of a sudden.

Junjin nodded like a child and clung onto Andy even more. The maknae lied next to him and the face.

"You want someone hot?"

Junjin nodded.

"I don't know anyone."

"I can do you."

The two burst into laughter and Andy cuddled closer as Junjin curled his arms around him.

"Aren't you getting late from your date?"

"Nah. He can wait. Besides, I love you more than anyone."

Junjin smiled and pinched the cheek of his best friend. They were laughing slightly and then Junjin sat up, Andy following him.

"You know that one girl from the gym?"

Andy nodded.

"I will screw her."

The younger guy grinned and hugged the much bigger guy strongly. Junjin took him into his arms and put his chin onto the crown of his head.

"I don't want you to go." He mumbled.

"I have to. This is my only chance with his man. But...if you want....you can come and wait me. Who knows what might happen?" Andy cackled.

Junjin nodded and said, "I will be there."

                ***

Dongwan sat outside the office and sobbed. He was waiting for Minwoo to come and retrieve him, but the man was late. Dongwan looked at his hands and did something with them, thinking every possible way that what he had just heard wasn’t true in any way.

He had been thinking the different ways to break the news to Minwoo, to the others. But he was helpless. There were no words to explain how broken everyone would be; especially Minwoo. There was one solution, and that is why Dongwan was crying.

“Dongwan,” the said man recognised the voice, sniffed and flashed a smile to the short lad standing couple metres away from him. “Is everything okay?” Minwoo interrogated and sat down next to his lover, putting his arms sternly and lovingly around the man. “I’m sorry I was late…I…I was buying something.” He added.

Dongwan shook his head and kissed the one he loved passionately, moving his tongue to just flavour whatever Minwoo had been eating. The older man answered the kiss and could almost feel how something was wrong. He deepened the kiss and ravished the lips before Dongwan broke the kiss and embraced him hard enough to block all the air.

“Whatever happens Minwoo ya,” He murmured. “I love you.”

Minwoo scowled.

“What has happened?”

                ***

Andy had never panicked that much in his life. Firstly he was eating subtly and having conversation with the most perfect man, and then suddenly he was in the middle of a fire. The cook had escaped first, shouting that the beans had caused the fire in the kitchen and it was advancing the eating hall in the fastest speed ever. It was almost funny when the waitresses, waiters and the receptionists told people to stay calm and get out of the building as soon as possible, when the people were running recklessly out of the burning restaurant . The perfect man –as Andy had assumed - had risen from his seat and had run away, pushing the table violently. It fell onto Andy’s ankle and pressed it painfully, breaking it under Andy’s examine.

He was yelling for aid, but no one heard it. People were too panicked to even stop and slightly lift the heavy table. Whatever was going to happen, Andy could not faint. The fire had reached the eating hall and it was two tables away from him.

“Andy, don’t you dare faint!” He commanded himself. “Whatever you do, don’t pass out!”

The smoke however had already circled around him enough to make his head feel woozy. He had black dots on his face, and the eyes were closing. He coughed and collapsed to the floor.

                ***

“Who is still in there!?” Junjin shouted when he couldn’t see the familiar face amongst the other faces.

“We checked the room but there is no one in!” The fire fighter convinced.

“I was here waiting my friend and now you say he took off and left!?” Junjin screamed. “I don’t believe this!” he blurted out, lifted the collar of his coat onto his mouth and nose and ran into the furious fire. The fire fighters shouted after him, telling that he shouldn’t. But Junjin wasn’t going to listen until he was sure that Andy was safe. “Andy?” He raised his voice, coughing when the thick smoke floated around him. “Andy?!” He tried again.

He stepped into the eating hall and saw the fainted person under the heavy table that was crushing Andy’s ankle. Junjin grabbed the table by the legs and pulled it off. But Andy wasn’t moving, or breathing. The older man gasped – fighting against tears - and laced his arm under Andy’s neck and the other one under the knees as he hurried out and put the maknae down onto the cold asphalt and ed the jacket.

“Help me!” Junjin roared when two nurses just stared at him. “He needs CPR!”

Junjin had never felt so helpless in his life. He held his hands on his lap in praying position as he was chanting some begs head bowed. Meanwhile the nurses pressed Andy’s chest and gave him mouth to mouth. And suddenly Junjin heard the most beautiful cough and the most beautiful inhale as Andy was alive. But abruptly he had no words he wanted to say.

“That man saved you.” The nurses smiled and pointed at Junjin. “You have your own little guardian angel.” The other one assumed.

Andy answered the smile – his whole body reacting fiercely to the heroic deed - when the dry and smoky throat caused him to cough even more. Junjin hurried next to him and gave him a bottle of ice water he had carried with him. Andy was trembling when the older man curled his arm around the shoulders and squeezed him.

“Who of those is your date?” Junjin questioned.

Andy looked around, but his eyes were still blurry. “I don’t see him.” He muttered. “But what does it matter anyways?”

Junjin turned to leer at him. “He left you to death. I think he matters a bit.” He snapped. “Why do you date such guys, huh?”

Andy pouted – blush appearing onto his cheeks - and another cough attack invaded him. Junjin cupped his face and stared at him concerned, the frown, which made Andy feel bad, plastering upon the forehead. The maknae took another sip from the bottle and sniffed briefly. He then rubbed his neck and looked at all the other shocked people.

“Because I don’t get anyone else.” Andy replied, his voice husky. “Take care of your sick one night stands, and then you can start patronising me.” He added. “Besides, he was pretty cool at first and a very great kisser you now.”

Junjin scoffed.

“But I’m glad you are here.” Andy smiled. “Apart from disastrous date, almost death and a broken ankle, I am okay.” He swore. “I am fine.” He whispered.

“Hey,” Junjin scowled again. “Why are you crying?”

The younger man shrugged and covered his face with his palms. He was embraced by the best friend as the tears rolled down his cheeks and wetted both of them. Andy smelled of smoke. His face was smeared by the black dots.

“I will die alone.” Andy whispered. “Today revealed it.”

Junjin hushed him and shook his head. “There are lots of dumb people and none of them realise how wonderful you are. If I had been on a date with you, I would have carried you bridal style out of the restaurant and put you down so I could have kissed you.” He moved the strands of hair off Andy’s forehead. “For now, I am here to be with you and your broken ankle.”

Andy stared at Junjin, his arms forming goosebumps on them, the cheeks burning all of a sudden. He answered the smile and then leaned his forehead onto Junjin’s shoulder. As soon as Junjin looked away, Andy’s smile congealed and he lifted his hand onto the chest. His heart was going crazy.

                ***

Minwoo and Dongwan entered the apartment in silence. They proceeded to the living room, slumped down to the couch and stared at the dark television screen. Hyesung was gone. Eric was gone. Junjin and Andy were somewhere. And yet they should have been at home. Minwoo tried his best to hold the tears in but it was extremely hard.

Dongwan bit his tongue and cheeks in turns, rubbing the fabric of his jeans forcibly. He his lips after the long silence and turned to his lover. Minwoo gazed at him too.

“Maybe we should break up.”