Chapter 10

Desire

Chapter 10

Hyesung glanced at Eric quickly and then turned his head away, to the side where he saw the sun shining and the small amount of snow glistening. Eric had rubbed his hands against the jeans for couple of minutes now. Minwoo had been staring at him much longer though, and that caused some sweat ooze from the forehead. Dongwan, however, had hard time getting Hyesung’s attention because the younger lad was not concentrating on him at all.

“First of all, you two are together?” Minwoo began. “And second of all, you tried to hide it from us!?”

“Listen,” Eric straightened his back on the sofa and cleared his throat. “We wanted to hide it because it wasn’t a big deal.”

Dongwan scoffed. “This is a big deal! Right Minbongie?” The older man nodded.

“To us it was something we wanted to try out at first,” Hyesung stated. “Because if it wasn’t going to work, there wouldn’t be drama when we break up.” He added.

Eric agreed and nodded.

“Why this wouldn’t work?” Minwoo gestured with his hands. “Have you not perceived how many years we’ve tried to get you two together?” he asked. “If this didn’t work, it would be a disaster.”

Hyesung blushed and turned to look at Eric, who was already looking at him. Small smiles curved onto their lips as they leaned in and kissed. Dongwan gasped, a grin on his face, and Minwoo almost jumped up to clap his hands together. Hyesung’s hand landed onto Eric’s thigh and Eric’s hands went behind his neck, as the kiss deepened. Minwoo gulped and sat down, crossing his legs, and examined the two.

“Minwoo…” Dongwan murmured. “Let’s go.”

“What?” Minwoo questioned confused. “What did you say?” he mumbled, leering at the two.

“MINWOO!” Eric and Hyesung broke the kiss and looked up at the short guy. “Come.” He commanded calmly and pulled his fiancée away.

Eric and Hyesung followed them with their eyes and frowned.

“What was that?”

                ***

Junjin stormed out of the apartment and marched down the stairs, not daring to look back. He exited the building and started loping towards the nearest bar. He had forgotten Eunji, who he was supposed to meet, because his thoughts were now running around Andy.

For the first time in his life, he wished he could be alone. And that he could process this thing that Andy was in love with him, fully. His heart was beating furiously, but he had been striding quite fast from the apartment building. He had no regrets of leaving Andy rudely like that.

Junjin swiped the long strands from his neck to a ponytail and entered the bar/motel thing, leaving Andy out from his wasted mind for now.

He rented a room for three days (as it was mandatory in the policy apparently) and as he had entered the room and had collapsed to the bed, his brain was repeating Andy’s name like he had forgotten him after years of friendship.

Friendship. Junjin didn’t know if he could call it that anymore. Of course he wanted to be friends with Andy, and nothing would break that, but would Andy keep loving him? Junjin turned around the bed and stared at the empty side of it. Why was he so calm? He had just heard how his best friend, forgetting Young Jae he was dating, was in love with him. Then again, Young Jae and Andy had broken up due to a long trip to America. But still, Andy had liked him. Junjin knew it.

The man recalled things he had never thought about before. His long lasting friendship with Andy had begun in an MT, where they had been paired up to search a hidden treasure. Apart from arguments, they had the most perfect teamwork while completing the missions. After that MT, they were inseparable. They hung out together every day after school, and Andy helped Junjin with his homework. When Andy found out that Junjin was actually called Chung Jae, he hadn’t laughed like some other people, he had just said it was cute.

Junjin heaved a sigh. He always thought Andy was a brother he never had; that he had gotten a brother from the heaven, because every single one of his friends had a little or big brother. Yes. That was why Junjin had been shocked and had escaped. Andy was like a brother to him. He was like the person who was always there when he needed to be comforted. Andy was there when he was sad or happy. Andy was there when Junjin had told that he’d passed the exam and was a professional personal trainer. Andy was there even if he had problems.

Junjin chuckled when he remembered the day they had moved in to a campus together and they had been busy on one morning and they had showered together. Suddenly his eyes flew open and he felt a sudden rush of hot air going through the fabric of his shirt.

“Showered together,” he talked out loud.

There wasn’t a way to get that heart stop now. Junjin was crossing the line now, as he had been only thinking how Andy was the brother he never had. He was the little brother he had wanted.

“y brother.” Junjin spilled out.

And as soon as that had escaped from his mouth, he gasped shocked. He shook his head and jumped off the bed, removing the jacket and the shirt he had on. When his shoes, jeans, and boxers were on the floor, he proceeded to the bathroom and switched on the shower.

“Isn’t there a setting for cold!?” He exclaimed.

                ***

“I’m starting to get worried about Andy.” Dongwan scowled, glimpsing at the door of their maknae. “He hasn’t come out from his room in two days.”

Eric and Hyesung tossed their heads at the same thing and furrowed their eyebrows in concern. Minwoo put down the glass of soju and sighed, not knowing what was going on. Neither of them knew. Dongwan turned back to the rest of them and bit his lower lip.

“Do you think he is sad because of Young Jae? I mean, he did leave all of a sudden, and he didn’t even date Andy properly.” He suggested.

Hyesung shook his head. “I don’t think it’s about him,” he replied. “Have you noticed that Jin has been gone too?”

The other men opened their mouths and moved back on their seats as they realised that Hyesung had a point. Eric glanced at the door again and then Hyesung and the two other guys. Minwoo was fondling the edge of his glass. He leaned in and seemed like he understood.

“You mean…they have something going on?” He asked.

“I don’t know.” Hyesung shrugged. “But…if it is what I think it is, Andy needs some alone time now…and Jin too.”

Eric put his hand onto the back of his lover and rubbed it. He was sad about the two and he wanted to help them, but it needed Junjin’s participating and Andy’s desire. Hyesung noticed he was contemplating and planted a kiss onto the cheek. Dongwan had his hand on his mouth as he was looking at nothing in particular. Minwoo sighed again.

“I hope they are fine.”

                ***

Junjin entered the foyer the day after and instantly Hyesung hauled him at him. It was remarkable how Junjin had once liked that hyung, but could not feel what he had felt days ago. Even the mere touch felt like mom was touching her child.

“I’m glad you’re back.” Hyesung commented dryly.

“Why? What happened?” Junjin questioned and plodded behind the enthusiastic hyung.

“I don’t know what’s wrong,” Hyesung said worried, halting his steps in front of Andy’s room. “He hasn’t exited his room since Saturday.” The slender guy spoke.

Junjin looked at the door that had the famous ‘keep out’ sign on it. He hadn’t seen Andy since the day he had broken down. That was one of the moments Junjin had felt absolutely guilty. He was guilty. He hadn’t stayed but escaped as soon as Andy hadn’t looked. And he hadn’t come back in three days and had caused the tragic moment of Andy locking himself in. Junjin knew Andy very well, though maybe he could add that he couldn’t read him as well as he had thought.

“Do you have any idea what might have happened?” Hyesung asked. “I couldn’t find that one soju bottle from our stash.” He blushed embarrassed. “It was supposed to be for me and Eric.”

Junjin gasped. “He is there alone with a bottle of soju!? And no one has stormed into the room!?” He raised his voice, the panic inside him unbelievable. “What’s wrong with the all of you!?”

Hyesung pursed his lips again and rubbed his hands nervously. “Eric did get into his room, but he returned instantly and told that Andy was a mess. I swear to God Junjin that we tried, but we have no idea what made Andy so sick.” He explained.

The younger man shook his head and marched towards the door, kicking it open. It dropped from its hinges but Andy didn’t even startle. Hyesung ran behind Junjin into the room and hid behind him. Junjin pulled off Andy’s blanket and there he was; small, curled up to a ball, hidden inside a loose and too big hoodie, sleeping. His face was puffy and the eyelids and lips swollen. ‘Has he been crying for three days?’ thought Junjin.

“Awwww,” Hyesung held his hands under his chin. “He is so cute. Isn’t he the cutest?” He questioned.

“Yes,” Junjin nodded. “Yes, he is indeed.”

Andy snivelled really tranquilly, small smiles appearing onto his face once in a while. Junjin just stared at him, before he shook his head, scoffed and walked out of the room. Hyesung was like a mom when he tucked the youngest guy in and the red cheek softly. Then he looked down and sighed relieved when the opened, but never drank, bottle of soju lied next to the bed.

“He didn’t drink it.” Hyesung said as soon as he exited the room and closed the door Junjin had lifted back. “But maybe you should stay here and take care of him. They said in the news that there might be a blackout today and I am going out with Eric, Minwoo and Dongwan. He needs someone when he wakes up. Right, Junjin?”

“Can’t I come with you?” Junjin interrogated, suddenly being very flustered.

“Well, you could, but then Andy would be here alone. And I worry that he might stumble on things and hit his head or just walk into the kitchen and grab a knife.” Hyesung responded, seeming extremely concerned.

Junjin sighed. “Fine. I will be here.” 

                ***

“He is alone with Andy now?” Eric asked.

“Yup.” Hyesung nodded.

“I must say, Shin Hyesung, you are the smartest person in the world.”

Minwoo and Dongwan scoffed. “He wouldn’t have  gotten the idea of leaving the two alone if my Wannie hadn’t suggested it.” Minwoo spoke.

“But was he the one who didn’t pay the electricity bill?” Eric stung his tongue out.

Minwoo almost broke the glass in his grasp.

“Guys,” Dongwan and Hyesung said in unison. “The most important thing is that the two are there alone and something might happen.”

Eric scoffed and right after him Minwoo.

“Sorry.” They apologised to one another.

                ***

Andy cracked his eyes open late at night. Or he assumed it was late at night. He was having a terrible headache and every muscle in his back was in pain. Besides that, the hoodie he was wearing wasn’t even his. Andy scoffed out loud and moved his legs on the comfy bed, placing his numb from coldness feet to the carpeted floor. He sat on the side of the bed.

Andy tried to switch on the lamp on the nightstand, but it didn’t work. Huh, must be another blackout, he pondered and finally stood up. He commenced advancing the door. And soon he was in a totally different surrounding; in the living room.

“Hi.” He heard the familiar voice saying from the couch.

But Andy just expressionlessly proceeded to the kitchen and slammed cupboards open and the closed. He was famished and annoying Junjin who had dumbfounded followed him to the kitchen. He was watching how Andy wrinkled his nose if he couldn’t find things to eat.

“Could you please stop?” Junjin asked.

“No.” Andy answered curtly, opening a door and slamming it back.

“Whatever you had as a reason for staying in your room like a little wimp, I don’t tolerate people keeping loud noise in my kitchen.” Junjin talked.

Andy cackled. “Yeah, because you certainly make a lot of food in this household.” He snapped. “Besides, this is everyone’s area.” He added and dropped a packet of cookies to the counter.

“Aren’t you going to lift that?” Junjin retorted.

Andy glanced at the packet and shrugged. “Not in the mood.” He sighed and walked towards the fridge, grabbing the first thing that said ‘Junjin’s’ on it.

The older lad gritted his teeth but gave in since he knew Andy was just trying to piss him off. It was working so ing well. But when Andy dropped the thing, after smelling and slightly giving a to it, to the trashcan, Junjin lost it and marched towards him. He grabbed the wrist and pulled Andy out of the kitchen to the living room where he discarded him to the empty area. He was extremely pissed off now.

“I know you are mad at me.”

“MAD!? I am ing enraged!” Andy cursed for the first time. “You haven’t been embarrassed, or…or…let down or been hurt, but for ’s sake Junjin, never say I AM MAD!! I am enraged!” he spat out. “I slept a whole day, because the other two, I spent thinking of you and my stupid shameful life. I shouldn’t have told that I love you but you should have rejected me like the 100 other did. I don’t know why you are being such a douche and get angry at me, but chill out man! You and I are persons and I can be angry for once in my life. And God yes, I am happy it’s you I am enraged at.” He exhaled after the long speech.

Junjin gritted his teeth frantically. “Are you done?” He hissed.

“I am not.” Andy admitted.

“Wrong answer.” Junjin said and lowered his gaze to the mouth before their lips met.